Wouldn't it be ridiculous if they put 2 fighters with 0 wins and 1 loss on the PPV event card?

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
What a silly silly silly thing that would be if they ever did that

Its almost as bad as having mid and low tier wmma on a ppv main card.

"Someone's 0 has got to go!"

Damn, Clippy. Not even trying anymore you dingleberry.

But the sad thing is they'll have market researched it and think it'll get more PPV buys having it there than a fight that should be there.

It would be silly, silly, silly to rank a fighter who has only fought once in a division as #1 (behind the champion).

Oh wait!

It would be ridiculous if nobody was interested to watch it.

Not really. UFC's owners, past and present, have valued money over sport and it's not out of the realm of what should be expected from them.

Frankly, I find this kind of fight ridiculous because they could be giving us real freak show/celebrity fights instead of diddling around with a burned out, middle-aged pro-wrestler who hasn't been relevant in his craft in over five years. Shell out the dough to get a relevant and/or accomplished athlete in there.

Imagine if UFC had made the GSP/Chad Ochocinco fight happen. I know some of you are squirming in your seats and others are about to start crying about the sanctity of the sport you've no doubt romanticized in your head but you know you would've watched it. Fighters would get indignant about that kind of thing, and rightfully so, but they'd also be clamoring to be first in line to get their chance at that payday. At the end of the day, most of them will bow down to that dollar, just like when Oscar de la Hoya said McGregor was a slap in the face to boxing before turning right the fuck around in hopes that he could get his piece of the pie.

Hell, get some non-athlete celebrities in there as well. Reality TV is really where they should be going with this. Make a series that shows two feuding celebrities with real dedication getting proper training and see what happens when they get in the cage.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for the top MMA league to be focused on merit but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon, if ever. I can accept that, but a) don't lie to me and say that's what your product is when we all know it isn't and b) don't give me "just the tip" of farce. I want the full 12 inches of insanity and ridiculousness rammed right up in there. Don't rebuff Herschel Walker then give me CM fucking Punk fighting a photographer. Shell out the money and get someone people give a fuck about in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back