Social WR Lounge 303: Could break an ankle like that.

Best sport to practice in.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonathletic white guy who played in the only era where he would have been able to succeed.

I hated Bird and Boston (well, still hate Boston) and that's a weak take. Doesn't matter the era, if you're better than almost everyone else then hespect.

What happened to all the leftist scum that used post here? Tonni and the dude who was a comedian in New Orleans. Limbo Pete.

Was there a purge?

What happened to all the leftist scum that used post here? Tonni and the dude who was a comedian in New Orleans. Limbo Pete.

Was there a purge?

When they lost their numbers, and the ability to bully others with impunity, they lost their appetite for the Lounge. Except tonni, he got banned for crying like a little bitch to Crave.

Was there a purge?
Tonni got banned and created a top secret Discord.
The future leader of Rojava got banned and retreated to the top secret Discord.
Limbo Pete is part of the crew "boycotting" Sherdog over...something.

lol what is all this discord nonsense

Was there a purge?

Mods banned Trotsky for doxxing Toni, Toni got banned for complaining to the site owners for how the doxxing took place.

A shame. Especially with Tonni. He could be really funny at times.

He was never shy about snitching tho. I think he even won an award for it some time ago.

Still can't believe Trotsky was a white dude.

Just one big, long progressive meal? Sounds good.

Yeah, started off as something vaguely Thom Kha like, but I only used rice noodles, shiitake mushrooms, galanga, lime, ginger, a bit of evaporated skim milk and coconut essence, before realising I was out of chicken, and all I had left that was suitable was tinned tuna and about ten forms of chili. So in went the tuna, chili infused sesame oil, chili flakes, Carolina reaper paste and bird's eye chilis.
Lol. Sounds like you took an already full flavour, intense soup and then jacked it up five notches with all the chilis

Lol. Sounds like you took an already full flavour, intense soup and then jacked it up five notches with all the chilis

Yeah, chili and caffeine are about my only vices these days.

So, let's see, as I am out of the loop

Banned: fawlty, tonni, trotsky
Protest exile: limbo pete

Jack v Savage, falsedawn???

Anybody else leave?

Yeah, chili and caffeine are about my only vices these days.
I am trying to kick caffeine.

Got my daily takeaway coffee down from 3 shots once a day, to 2 shots twice a week. So 21 shots to 4.

No soda for 4 months, or energy drinks.

Just a couple cups of green and black tea a day

Most of this is to just save money

I am trying to kick caffeine.

Got my daily takeaway coffee down from 3 shots once a day, to 2 shots twice a week. So 21 shots to 4.

No soda for 4 months, or energy drinks.

Just a couple cups of green and black tea a day

Most of this is to just save money

Good luck. Not sure I'd still be functional without chili followed by espresso. I have to cycle down from ridiculous levels at the end of every winter.

The supermarket bird's eyes are often super mild. They should be way hotter than jalapeno. Same with supermarket habaneros for that matter, not sure exactly what variety they get at Coles and Woolies, but they are very tame.
You definitely have more tolerance for that than I do. Jalepenos are about as spicy as I am willing to go. After that, for me it overpowers the dish and makes my nose run and my tongue burn. I tend to go with whatever the "medium" option is with takeaway curries

Good luck. Not sure I'd still be functional without chili followed by espresso. I have to cycle down from ridiculous levels at the end of every winter.
That was why I got up so high in caffeine intake - work. Needed to be functional and hit the ground running and be up for oral submissions, convening conferences, advice sessions, hearings, etc.

Took a less stressful, less "on" job. Now moving back to more normal levels

You definitely have more tolerance for that than I do. Jalepenos are about as spicy as I am willing to go. After that, for me it overpowers the dish and makes my nose run and my tongue burn. I tend to go with whatever the "medium" option is with takeaway curries

Probably helps that I grew up eating plenty as kid. Once I moved out I started growing my own and just munching on them, which definitely develops a tolerance pretty quickly.
As long as I'm just cooking for myself it's usually pretty spicy.
Have to be careful though, nearly did my old man in once when he came around and helped himself to some habanero and lime cheesecake I'd made.
Likewise I had some chili extract called Satan's Spit that I was using on some nibbles and basically pepper sprayed my nieces and nephews.

That was why I got up so high in caffeine intake - work. Needed to be functional and hit the ground running and be up for oral submissions, convening conferences, advice sessions, hearings, etc.

Took a less stressful, less "on" job. Now moving back to more normal levels

Less stressful job, moving up to Brisbane... sounds like some good easy living.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back