Locked WRESTLEMANIA 39 NIGHT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Match 4 - women's 6 person tag - (skipped)

Match 5- Mysterio v Mysterio
Really confused by the prison entrance, guessing that's a tv storyline. But lol at the teardrop tattoo. And they killed it with the Eddie entrance, loved it. Great to see Rey, still looks great, legend. I get the sense this is special, family feuds are hit or miss historically in my view, but when they do it right, it's really special. High hopes for this one.

Match 4 - women's 6 person tag - (skipped)

Match 5- Mysterio v Mysterio
Really confused by the prison entrance, guessing that's a tv storyline. But lol at the teardrop tattoo. And they killed it with the Eddie entrance, loved it. Great to see Rey, still looks great, legend. I get the sense this is special, family feuds are hit or miss historically in my view, but when they do it right, it's really special. High hopes for this one.
The kid was in (storyline) prison for like a second for somethin minor,so for heat,all he does is talk about that he was there,and what he learned there, and that he's tough now and should be feared. its fuckin great. This angle is one of the best things WWE has been doing.

match 3 - Logan Paul v Rollins
The entrances were pretty bad, but once again, my god the production values on the stage.

For all the garbage WWE puts out, the production value is the one place they can make anyone else look bush league.

The kid was in (storyline) prison for like a second for somethin minor,so for heat,all he does is talk about that he was there,and what he learned there, and that he's tough now and should be feared. its fuckin great. This angle is one of the best things WWE has been doing.

Who would have thought we'd be saying that about Dom one day? More testament to HHH booking AND I HATE IT TO ADMIT IT.

lol at the belt whoopin, played it perfectly with the crowd. lol with the drink thrown on the sister. Dominic plays a good scumbag, good on him.

He's also sound in the ring, smooth, ring presence for a young wrestler, he's a top prospect.

crazy spot with the turnbuckle reverse powerbomb to the face. Never seen that before.

don't think they need all the outside interference, they were doing fine without it. If anything, I think it takes away rather than builds heat.

-wait, they brought back the LWO?! lol.

like the overall finish with Dominic doing the 619 and frog splash. Hate the Bad Bunny interference, but the crowd ate it up.

Solid, if they removed the outside interference and ramped the emotion, it could have been a classic.

I can't sleep so I'm watching the shit I missed.

John. For the love of God. No one will fault you for getting hair plugs. That bald spot . . . I can't stop looking at it.

Match 6 - Ripley v Flair
Entrances - Ripley's a clear star, charisma jumps off the page, and connects well with the camera.

The stage is the star of the Flair entrance, once again, tip of the hat to the production team. Looks spectacular with the lighting, pyro against the night sky. The zoom-outs to show the scale of the crowd, the framing of her against the background, top-notch.

Pacing really sets the stage for the face off, definitely feels like a bigger deal than the previous matches - like this is a historic changing of the guard type match.

Reactions: HHJ
lol sounds hilarious, legitimately.

Reactions: HHJ
Ripley v Flair continued
  • solid overall but slowed it down too much in the wrong spots. When they picked up the pace it was excellent at times.
  • Decent ring psychology as far as using the pacing to set up the drama and big spots, but watching the match I have no idea who is the face vs who is the heel. Relied too much on trading big spots rather than building to things, and felt disjointed. Flair didn't sufficiently work the knee - started and abandoned it quickly. They didn't really sell the long-term damage, as you'd think they'd want to sell a war of attrition rather than a fight of two terminators temporarily getting hurt and then shrugging it off.
  • felt more like a clash of the titans rather than a typical WWE style match. Reminds me of the 80s and 90s, in a good way. But it could have been better. They relied more on spectacle and spots to get it done, but they got it done. Ripley goes up a notch with this one.

Dominik Mysterio needs to drop the Mysterio name, go by his real name and run with a new crew of heavies that he can hide behind, whilst he constantly cheats and sneaks his way to the top, like a very hateable pussy.

Always thought that wrestling needed a Joffrey Baratheon.

Match 7 - Miz v Pat Macafee (skipped)

Lil Uzi Vert - what was the point of bringing him out? Not even shitting on him but that was a completely unnecessary cameo that breaks up the momentum from the serious intro to the entrance.

Match 8 - Usos v Steen and Zayn
I'm aware there's a long-term storyline that's supposed to be good with this one, but I'm not across it so I expect it won't hit the same for me.

Not going to review it, just going to soak it in as it's the main event. Have a good night.

Dominik Mysterio needs to drop the Mysterio name, go by his real name and run with a new crew of heavies that he can hide behind, whilst he constantly cheats and sneaks his way to the top, like a very hateable pussy.

Casual fan here -

From what I've seen he's a opening-match-on-TNA level talent that's getting a massive push in WWE, because he's the son of a HOFer.

Reminds me of David Flair in the final year of WCW, but at least Dominick has some talent.

Casual fan here -

From what I've seen he's a opening-match-on-TNA level talent that's getting a massive push in WWE, because he's the son of a HOFer.

Reminds me of David Flair in the final year of WCW, but at least Dominick has some talent.
don't know what they're doing with him on tv, but if he's just working a program with his dad, that's fine. If they start having him going against the top guys, then he's not ready for that yet. But he can run a real match, not just a spot-fest. Needs to refine everything, I'm guessing his promos suck, but his ring work is solid and he just needs to work on his build and look.

Needs to refine everything, I'm guessing his promos suck,

Saw a clip of a heel promo in front of a crowd, and it was better than I expected. Good but not great. Better than Reigns's promos for the first 5+ years of his WWE run.

Gotta give him that respect.

Reactions: BAM
Re Usos v Zayn and Owens
Haven't seen any of them wrestle in 4 years or so, wasn't sure what to expect as I always saw all of them as mid-card talents.

But, my opinion on all 4 went up quite a bit. Especially Jey Uso, dude will be a champion within a year.

Correct match closed the show, good from start to end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back