• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked WRESTLEMANIA 39 NIGHT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cody had an awesome, super epic wrestlemania return spoiled by a horrible injury and unfortunately that killed his momentum and the magic just could not be revived in time for Mania. He was the wrong guy to take the belt of Roman, and looked like a million bucks coming up short. There’s a better ending to come. For once they aren’t trying to force a damn baby face down our throats, and aiming higher. Long term shit man. Long term story telling.

Sure, I can’t wait for another 900 days of:

lucy-football-peanuts.gif

Last edited:
This is how I feel. They had lightning in a bottle and then they dropped it.

You have to recognize when it’s time to have a big moment and title change. Cody at Wrestlemania 39 was clearly that moment.

Who are they going to have win the title now??? Brock?? Randy Orton?? …. Booooooring!!
Fans after clash at the castle they missed the big moment it would have been huge if drew won. Fans after elimination chamber they missed the big moment Sami should have won. Now mania. What’s the common denominator?

Fans after clash at the castle they missed the big moment it would have been huge if drew won. Fans after elimination chamber they missed the big moment Sami should have won. Now mania. What’s the common denominator?

I don’t even dislike Roman Reigns, I think he is a cool character, but I just want good, satisfying story-telling. I want to be entertained. I want to look forward to new champions, new title fights, new storylines.

It’s just garbage story-writing. From now on, we’ve probably got 52 more weeks (at least) of the same story-line that we’ve had for about 2 years at this point.

Last edited:
I don’t even dislike Roman Reigns, I think he is a cool character, but I just want good, satisfying story-telling. I want to be entertained. I want to look forward to new champions, new title fights, new storylines.

It’s just garbage story-writing. From now, we’ve probably got 52 more weeks (at least) and same story-line that we’ve had for about 2 years at this point.
So did you think the last two months with two of the most anticipated matches of the last couple decades were a result of bad story telling? <Kpop01> The bloodline stories this past year have been as good as it gets. I get you didn’t get the payoff that YOU wanted, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad story telling. Roman still has people that can chase him, which is more compelling than Cody or Sami as champ. If Cody or Sami won their fanfare would die off in a couple months.

People were saying the same shit when drew didn’t win. If he did we would have missed on Roman Sami and Roman Cody.

again, the common denominator…

No, bad fucking story telling is a generic white meat baby face, coming along and being shoe horned into the biggest story line of the past few years and conquering the ultimate big bad and causing the break up of his group in two months, he even managed to get the two best friends back together despite having nothing to do with either of them for the entire time he was back, but he had a talk to one of them and WOO!

So did you think the last two months with two of the most anticipated matches of the last couple decades were a result of bad story telling? <Kpop01> The bloodline stories this past year have been as good as it gets. I get you didn’t get the payoff that YOU wanted, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad story telling. Roman still has people that can chase him, which is more compelling than Cody or Sami as champ. If Cody or Sami won their fanfare would die off in a couple months.

People were saying the same shit when drew didn’t win. If he did we would have missed on Roman Sami and Roman Cody.

again, the common denominator…

If you ruin the ending of a story, it’s a crap story.

If Cinderella ended with Prince Charming dumping her and running off with one of her aunts, it would ruin the story.

If Star Wars ended with Darth Vader cutting Luke’s head off, it would ruin the story.

The WWE now have to find someone, build them up with even bigger momentum than what Cody Rhodes had at Wrestlemania and then have that guy beat Roman … lol, there is no-one left. At least not anyone that fans care about.

i'm not sure what was worse. snoop dogg doing the peoples elbow, or that stone cold stunner that vince botched at wrestlemania last year.

both were fucking hilarious though

If you ruin the ending of a story, it’s a crap story.

If Cinderella ended with Prince Charming dumping her and running off with one of her aunts, it would ruin the story.

If Star Wars ended with Darth Vader cutting Luke’s head off, it would ruin the story.

The WWE now have to find someone, build them up with even bigger momentum than what Cody Rhodes had at Wrestlemania and then have that guy beat Roman … lol, there is no-one left. At least not anyone that fans care about.
They just had that momentum three times in the last 6 months. Which rarely happens, maybe once every five years, and we’ve had several in a year. Roman is the lightning in the bottle. Which is the point I keep repeating. It’s not drew, it’s not Sami, it’s not Cody. It’s Roman, he’s the reason for it. Jey vs Roman will have the same momentum and hype.

you can put a list of the same opponents up against Roman or Cody and against Roman would be the most exciting story.

we haven’t seen the ending yet. It didn’t end when you wanted it. Cody’s main run and story might have ended but that’s a footnote or subplot compared to the bigger bloodline story being told the last couple years . Cody is just a chapter like drew and Sami were. we haven’t seen the end of Roman which will happen, and that’ll be the major end.

I actually liked the Stardust character.

Maybe Stardust could be Cody's Demon or Fiend.

WM main event ending was garbage. I don't mind Roman winning but the way it happened was terrible. Solo being out but causing the finish was bleh but worst of all was the way Cody had Roman after 2x Crossroads but then slowly backed into the corner so hoodie Solo could do his thing. Roman then forget he'd taken 2 finishers and hit a spear.

Garbage. Wrestlemania deserves better. Can't believe they goofed it so hard.

I think Roman will hit the 1000 days which is why he kept belt which is fine.

I'd like to see Cody challenge for and win just the WWE title which is the one he really wants due to Dusty. That way Roman can keep his record streak with Universal title and Cody gets his goal. End result is more title defences/matches.

If the end had been done better with Roman still winning people would be happier overall.

Overbooked garbage that was poorly executed. Disappointing.

They just had that momentum three times in the last 6 months. Which rarely happens, maybe once every five years, and we’ve had several in a year. Roman is the lightning in the bottle. Which is the point I keep repeating. It’s not drew, it’s not Sami, it’s not Cody. It’s Roman, he’s the reason for it. Jey vs Roman will have the same momentum and hype.

you can put a list of the same opponents up against Roman or Cody and against Roman would be the most exciting story.

we haven’t seen the ending yet. It didn’t end when you wanted it. Cody’s main run and story might have ended but that’s a footnote or subplot compared to the bigger bloodline story being told the last couple years . Cody is just a chapter like drew and Sami were. we haven’t seen the end of Roman which will happen, and that’ll be the major end.

It’s not quite the same.

Drew McIntyre had already been champion. Sami Zayn, while a good storyline, was never really believable as the face of the company.

Cody Rhodes had the backstory, the years on the independent circuit, the hell in a cell match with Seth Rollins, the Royal Rumble victory, he had never been champion, he was continuing what his father couldn’t do, continuing his father’s legacy, everything was coming full circle … and they blew it.

By the time Roman loses, the rose will have lost its bloom. Timing is everything in storytelling and art. Wrestlemania 39 was clearly the time.

The 1,000 day thing is completely arbitrary and no-one apart from a few statistics geeks really cares about it.

Roman might as well keep the belt for 2,000 days. What difference does it make? There will never be a better opportunity than they had at Wrestlemania 39. Everything else will be underwhelming by comparison to what could have been.

The real story is Jey being the one in my opinion, with the rest of the Bloodline turning on Roman to Jey. It would be the perfect wrapping up.

The real story is Jey being the one in my opinion, with the rest of the Bloodline turning on Roman to Jey. It would be the perfect wrapping up.

Jey USO being the one to end the 1,000 day streak (one of the longest winning streaks in WWE history) Jey USO to be the one to headline Wrestlemania 40 and having as much, if not more momentum and hype behind him as Cody Rhodes …??

What are you smoking?

After Wrestlemania 39, there needs to be someone bigger than Cody Rhodes to defeat Roman … anything else will be an anti-climax.

Roman beats Drew McIntyre, Sami Zane, Cody Rhodes in some of the most overly-hyped, white hot PPVs in the last few years … only to drop the titles to Jay USO …. lol …. smh.

The WWE have wrote themselves into a corner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back