Locked WRESTLEMANIA 39 NIGHT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was. And again I understand if it’s not the finish you wanted but I’m specifically responding to you saying it’s lazy writing when I would counter that it was very well booked and good writing. When Sami and ko came out I think everyone thought it was over yet. And it was the spike, which is solo finisher, that was the final blow.
When was the last time Roman won clean? I get he’s a heel but damn same shit every fucking time

When was the last time Roman won clean? I get he’s a heel but damn same shit every fucking time
Exactly, you’re making my point about it not being lazy story telling. The whole story being built the last two years (more so the last) is that to overcome Roman you have to overcome the bloodline. That only happens if you have strength in numbers or dissension in the bloodline. Today was the strength in numbers approach but it didn’t work. But it was brilliantly built up to seem like it would when ko and Sami came out and did their thing. I believe we will see Roman crumble when a member of the bloodline turns on him. Everything that happened today has been consistent with the story being told. I understand if you don’t like it. But I think this is the best story I’ve ever seen in wrestling. And we are going to get more big matches out of it like we just got with Sami and Cody. Every title match at a major event will feel special.

Biggest mistake/injustice of the weekend is not letting Asuka go over. Now historically she'll contend but never defeat Becky,Bayley,Bianca,Charlotte, Rhea, and any other top tier performers in the division for a championship. Which hurts because outside of Lita in my lifetime, Asuka/Kabuki Warriors have been the best thing about the women's division for 5+ years now.

I see WWE front loaded all the title changers to Night 1. Should've know Cody wasnt winning it tonight.

Reactions: Ruv
Watching some reaction videos now, there is a lot of mentioning Luke Harper/Brody Lee's kid getting recognized by Cody. However, listening to everyone wax poetic, Brody was current day Hogan 1987..as far as his family I give 100% support for living their best lives. As far as Brody/Harper as a worker, he was serviceable, but not a legend . Name 3 marches he was a part of, and his signature/finishing moves are even less memorable

WWE really dont like the Demon as a character. Balor hasnt won with that persona in what seems like forever. Was hoping that it was going to be the last i saw of Edge for awhile. But alas here we are.

WWE really dont like the Demon as a character. Balor hasnt won with that persona in what seems like forever. Was hoping that it was going to be the last i saw of Edge for awhile. But alas here we are.
I love Edge, but he should be putting people over, and this feud has been going on for like a year now. Hope it is just done.

Cody definitely needs to get some revenge on Solo. I could see him doing that program for a bit to raise him up the card some. Then I’d have Cody win MITB and cash in for a rematch at Summerslam
Hopefully we get a Wargames between then with the Bloodline vs Cody/Zayn/Owens and a returning Dustin.

The storyline is the bloodline.
Roman will lose when The Usos turn.
Simple.

Bruh how can you defend a build of that magnitude ending with the exact same finish they've being doing with Roman for like 2 years?

This isn't part of some long term beautifully written story - Vinny Mac just allowed this Cody shit bc he needed more time to see if Black Adam would die so he could get Rock to commit to some dates next year.

Reigns will go off TV for a bit now and drop that belt to a 50 year old Dwayne in a screwy finish next April and you. will. like. it.

The result of this main event is such a wasted opportunity … it’s f**king bullshit.

Cody Rhodes had the perfect storm to win the title and change titles. He had the family thing, the journey with his injury, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens joining forces …. Everything was built up for the title change, and they fuck it up.

Who is Roman going to lose the title to now??? Are we going to wait for Wrestlemania 40???

We have to wait another fucking year of watching Roman Reigns regurgitate the same old shit. Who is he even going to fight for the next year that might make you think he might drop the title??? There’s no-one.

The WWE really fucked this up.

Finish only seemed weak because match was overbooked, but really not THAT bad, and the finish worked because Cody took 2 finishers back2back but didn’t work because Roman had literally taken 2 crossroads and then was up running the ropes to spear no selling, but I guess the spear is enough a desperation move type finisher to make that work and Romans godmode shit, but anyway Cody was fucking gone for 3/4s of the year, it didn’t feel right yet.

there’s a better ending waiting for all this. Mania being the storybook ending every time is the stalest idea, fuck that

Finish only seemed weak because match was overbooked, but really not THAT bad, and the finish worked because Cody took 2 finishers back2back but didn’t work because Roman had literally taken 2 crossroads and then was up running the ropes to spear no selling, but I guess the spear is enough a desperation move type finisher to make that work and Romans godmode shit, but anyway Cody was fucking gone for 3/4s of the year, it didn’t feel right yet.

there’s a better ending waiting for all this. Mania being the storybook ending every time is the stalest idea, fuck that

A huge stadium with 90,000 fans, after a 900 day championship streak, Wrestlemania is the only place that title is changing hands.

Do you honestly think Roman is now going to drop the title on Monday night Raw to Gunther? Or Austin Theory? … bullshit.

Roman ain’t going to drop the title until Wrestlemania 40 … at the soonest, and by that point, we are all going to be bored out of our fucking brains watching the same old shit for the next 52 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back