WTF? Jones did nothing but just pose and he won? Santos won clearly off effective workrate

yeah its pretty sad. even people who dont even watch UFC watched that fight and said that guy in the middle is losing he is just standing their afraid to engage while the other guy is trying to win.

Some guy just said Jones landed the better looking strikes he told me that Jones only needs to throw single digits as long as he lands them, so he said if Jones threw 7 punches the entire round and landed all 7 or 6 of 7 he wins as long as they landed lol he then said if Santos threw 45 sloppy punches and only 25 land he loses the round.

there is no way to count the number of punches when you scoring live, when you watch a fight live Santos wins, thats why they need to get rid of that stupid fightmetric bullshit, I was scratching my head it shows Jones throwing more punches and strikes than he actually threw in the fight. They must count air jabs as landed blows?
Jones easily out landed Santos though based on fight metrics - even while throwing less. Santos threw wildly and found air for the bulk of the fight. Jones also did more damage, scored a knockdown and controlled the octagon for the entire fight.

jones-santos.jpg

Were there any 10-10 rounds?

I could have had fight a draw or 48-47 for either jones or Santos winning. It was a close fight with not a lot of action

Jon didn't do shit the whole fight.

Also, I'm losing faith in compustrike, there's no fuckin way Jon outlanded Santos. He barely threw any strike

Jones should stay far away from HW

He won based on strikes landed and advancing. However, Santos had the best shots and had his moments. Jon never looked like he had moments when he did land, just tried to coast.

Can see it, but don't like it because it was visibly clear that Jon did not bring it this fight.
Jones did advance all the time, so I guess they scored it for octagon control. After the 2nd it was pretty uneventful. Santos definitely did more damage, if not the only damage. To Jones and himself lol.

I wonder if it's because Jon has been forced to go off his special supplements. He's looked pretty shit in his last 2. Even against Gus, it wasn't impressive. It's just the Gus had no drive and gave in once he got hit.

Jones should stay far away from HW
Could you imagine Ngannou landing one kick on Jones' calf. Fucking Arthur and Chandler would have to run in to pick Jones' bones off the mat.

Santos won 1,2 & 5 based off activity, work rate and aggression.

Jones was just throwing all these low percentage shots that barely landed.

An injured bloated MW had exposed Jones but he was lucky that the UFC bribed the commission to make sure Jones got the split decision. The UFC had to protect one of the few cash cows left.

Worst robbery since Lawler/Condit.

Bones was never rocked.
Santos definitely did more damage and none of it was purely superficial. Jones MAY have outlanded him with those teeps but they didn't amount to much. Jones certainly looked far less aggressive than usual. Maybe it's because he's slowly coming off the dick pills or the coke.

IMO most agree that Jon lost.
1,2,5 was Marreta's.
Funny thing, one judge awarded Santos the 4th round but not the 2 & 5...
These judges need to be replaced. They know nothing!!!
rSxGrEx.png

Round 2, 4, and 5 could have all gone either way. I had 1,2, and 5 for Santos but the only clear cut rounds were 1 for Santos and 3 for Jones.

Jones easily out landed Santos though based on fight metrics - even while throwing less. Santos threw wildly and found air for the bulk of the fight. Jones also did more damage, scored a knockdown and controlled the octagon for the entire fight.

jones-santos.jpg

So you are one of those guys? I saw them saying Jones can throw 5 strikes and all 5 land and that should win him the round, because he had higher accuracy, they told me Santos can throw 50 strikes and land 25 and he loses to Jones 5 strikes because of accuracy

thats stupid

Really close fight, I think I had Santos slightly leading due to aggression but it is what it is
Yeah but swinging wildly in short bursts but missing 90% of the time count as "effective aggression" and negate clearly losing the "octagon control" criteria?

Jones played it safe, (well as safe as he could while not even attempting a takedown when Santos was "falling over in front of him" to take the easy path to victory).

He also dropped him 2 or 3 times while never appearing to be in trouble himself.

Jones clearly one based on the scoring criteria but the fact Santos didn't get completely blown out as expected and Jon fighting to his strengths is blurring peoples perspective of what actually happened IMO.

If you want to beat the Champ you need to beat him. Jones had 5 rounds of Octagon control.

I don't see Santos winning that at all.

Jones makes us realize how entertaining GSP was. Jones is boring as shit.

So you are one of those guys? I saw them saying Jones can throw 5 strikes and all 5 land and that should win him the round, because he had higher accuracy, they told me Santos can throw 50 strikes and land 25 and he loses to Jones 5 strikes because of accuracy

thats stupid
Jones landed more strikes than Santos - so your premise is wrong.

Jones landed more strikes than Santos - so your premise is wrong.
Did you watch the fight or just going of fight metric, no way in hell could you think he landed more strikes when he barely threw, I think you are saying he had a higher accuracy rate?

I watched Santos throw an ambush counter and he grazed but still landed the punches on Jones it didnt look pretty but those should count

Santos touching hte body counts, kicking the leg he did it more than Jones so he landed more than jones, I guessing you dont count leg kicks or damage?

If you want to beat the Champ you need to beat him. Jones had 5 rounds of Octagon control.

I don't see Santos winning that at all.

Jones makes us realize how entertaining GSP was. Jones is boring as shit.
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

I despise Jones as a person, and I think Santos did enough to win 1,2, and 5. However, it was close and Jon did have octagon control the whole fight. He did win 3 & 4 pretty clearly. 5 was really anybody's round. I had Santos slightly edging it out, but it was by no means his round for sure, so I wasn't super mad at the decision.

Jones did miss a lot of spinning attacks, but he also repeatedly nailed Santos with front snap body kicks, oblique kicks, leg kicks, and generally kept Santos near the cage and on the defensive for most of the fight. Santos landed some good body & leg kicks himself and looked great in the first couple rounds, but his bum knee made him more tentative and I think ultimately scuttled the fight for him. He started fighting totally different in rounds 3 & 4, taking way less chances, freezing up, and generally letting Jon open up. And although Jon got hit hard a few times, he never got seriously rocked or in trouble. Also one could argue that Jon's leg kick checks played into Santos' leg damage.

santos got dropped by a high kick and never once controlled the octagon in round 2. His back was to the cage. I agree with the MMA media and judges and Dana. 48-47 jones. 2,3,4 easily.

lol at work rate. Work rate is what we saw Usman do to Twood and hold him up against the cage.

Back