WTF? Jones did nothing but just pose and he won? Santos won clearly off effective workrate

48-48 IMO. Santos may have edged it round-by-round but not enough to take the belt

Bones was never rocked.

maxresdefault.jpg

jon-jones-thiago-santos-ufc-239-17.jpg

OK.

I feel like the judges should be able to note certain points of the fight (like press a button) so that when the fight is over, they can go back to those moments and look at it under replay/slow mo.

They literally have to score the round as soon as it ends. That’s one of the reasons why judges fuck up, because they are pressed for time and have to make a quick choice on who won the round and by how much.

agree.
Jon was moving forward, and (I guess) this is what steered the judges to give him the nod. That is obviously not how a fight should be judged, but these guys don't know MMA.
We need to get retired fighters to become judges. That would help a lot.
yeah its pretty sad. even people who dont even watch UFC watched that fight and said that guy in the middle is losing he is just standing their afraid to engage while the other guy is trying to win.

Some guy just said Jones landed the better looking strikes he told me that Jones only needs to throw single digits as long as he lands them, so he said if Jones threw 7 punches the entire round and landed all 7 or 6 of 7 he wins as long as they landed lol he then said if Santos threw 45 sloppy punches and only 25 land he loses the round.

there is no way to count the number of punches when you scoring live, when you watch a fight live Santos wins, thats why they need to get rid of that stupid fightmetric bullshit, I was scratching my head it shows Jones throwing more punches and strikes than he actually threw in the fight. They must count air jabs as landed blows?

I gave the middle rounds to jones with round 2 being super close. Santos clearly won rd 1&5

Jon landed like 20 more strikes and had a comfortable margin lead every round except round 1. Not to mention seeing santos hobbling around and jones generally stalking him the whole fight it could be argued it’s 4-1 jones. Don’t let the hate make you see things that aren’t true.

yeah its pretty sad. even people who dont even watch UFC watched that fight and said that guy in the middle is losing he is just standing their afraid to engage while the other guy is trying to win.

Some guy just said Jones landed the better looking strikes he told me that Jones only needs to throw single digits as long as he lands them, so he said if Jones threw 7 punches the entire round and landed all 7 or 6 of 7 he wins as long as they landed lol he then said if Santos threw 45 sloppy punches and only 25 land he loses the round.

there is no way to count the number of punches when you scoring live, when you watch a fight live Santos wins, thats why they need to get rid of that stupid fightmetric bullshit, I was scratching my head it shows Jones throwing more punches and strikes than he actually threw in the fight. They must count air jabs as landed blows?
Fightmetric is done by, as far as I know, people who watch the fight and score what they think landed.
Later on they review it and re-count. This should never be used as metrics to determine the person winning. But like I said, these judges don't have a clue what they are looking at. Most of them know boxing, and not even that good. It is ridiculous that there's no one reviewing those "judges" and their decision.

If its any consolation, you and I both know he's going to fuck up again somehow.

It might not be tonight, but it may be tomorrow, etc.

It'll be interesting to see if Jones tried to roid it up again after this shitty performance.

He certainly won't be calling out any HWs anytime soon.

Lets not forget this too guys.. Jones could not take down a guy with a clear knee injury..

Jones mostly kept his arms out stretched and kept eating leg kicks.

Jones did nothing that would make a newbie think he was the champ and maybe goat. All he did was keep from getting hit.

ufc is scripted and my sources tell me that jones was scheduled to lose but they had to flip the script when santos' knee went out. awaiting word but surgery is expected to be necessary.

Jon landed like 20 more strikes and had a comfortable margin lead every round except round 1. Not to mention seeing santos hobbling around and jones generally stalking him the whole fight it could be argued it’s 4-1 jones. Don’t let the hate make you see things that aren’t true.

20 more pussy teep kicks vs actual hard leg and body kicks

They literally have to score the round as soon as it ends. That’s one of the reasons why judges fuck up, because they are pressed for time and have to make a quick choice on who won the round and by how much.
I know how they scoring works, which is why I presented a hypothetical. Do you even hypothesize bruh?

This. I don't know what people expect. The hate for Jones makes people crazy. Santos won round one barely. Jones CLEARLY won 3 and 4. Rounds 2 and 5 were close but could have both gone to Jones (and did on at least one card). This wasn't a robbery. Just because Jones doesn't stomp a hole through a guy that swings hay makers doesn't mean he lost.

Back