WTF? Jones did nothing but just pose and he won? Santos won clearly off effective workrate

Imagine Santos was the one defending the title?
Everybody would agree that he won.

"Workrate" isn't in the MMA judging criteria.

giphy.gif

What rounds did you give to jones and why?

Thought Santos took 1,2,5

Was very close and could have gone either way imo.

Had Santos' knee held up we'd be looking at a new LHW champ.

Jones couldn't handle a 60% MW, his end is near I'm guessing.

Sadly this, when Buffer started to read a split decision I knew it will go to Jones. Money talks, Sandos got screwed.

Feel like people forget Danas willingness to admit GSP v Hendricks was a robbery when they make these bs conspiracy theories?

I think the fact that Santos looked like a wounded animal and Jones like the hunter for most of the fight played in the judges minds. Not saying anything about the effectivness of either man, but if you just look at their body language.

Jones did nothing, who gives a shit if Santos was wild, and falling on his leg, means nothing its not a pretty contest its about strikes Jones never threw shit, I bet you the judges scored Santos slipping while backing up and falling on his butt for Jones lol

Santos used an ambush style to keep Jones tentative, Jones was scared to engage for fear of getting countered. He cut Santos with an elbow but didnt do much damage, that knee was Santos landing awkwardly and it popped out.

Santos did the serious damage to Jones leg though you could see the dark blood filling up in the inner thigh.
mma has such bullshit rules sometimes

Santos beat Jones worse than Hendricks beat GSP.

I saw it as two clear rounds for Jones, one clear round for Santos, and two 50/50ish rounds.

As such, a reasonable fan could have scored from 4-1 Jones to 3-2 Santos, IMO.

I personally had it 3-2 Jones (Santos winning 1 and 5).

Jones was terrified of Santos’ power. He couldn’t even bring himself to get close enough to fully attack his clearly fucked knee.

When Jones is not even willing to attack someone’s knee, let alone an INJURED knee, you know somethings up.

Edit: I did however score it for Jones 3-2.

You have to beat the champ. You don't get the belt with a tie. It's always been that way.

I passed out before the main event but I had jones winning at least 3 rds. Only rd he lost was the 1st imo.

Sadly this, when Buffer started to read a split decision I knew it will go to Jones. Money talks, Sandos got screwed.

He did not do nearly enough to get that decision against a long reigning champion.

A draw maybe. Never hurt Jon, never dropped him, never took him down, he landed a few wild haymakers. So what? Jones had a very bad performance but in no way shape or form did he lose the fight badly. No way.

Sux Santos was handicapped most of the fight, he would easily outscore Bones 4-1.

Sux Santos was handicapped most of the fight, he would easily outscore Bones 4-1.
The funny thing is this is MMA yet they dont score any of gimp leg Santos kick damage. Jones leg was damaged badly you could see the damage in the inner leg. I wonder if Jones took a pain killer they give him so many exemptions let him test positive multiple times as well.

it seems the judges scored everytime Santos wobbled from misstepping on his hurt leg and scored that for jones

Santos hurt his leg by stepping on it awkwardly while moving, yet Im pretty sure these dumb ass judges were scoring everytime he fell down or wobbled misstepping for Jones

lol at octagon control

Who won Mayweather or Pacquiao, and dont say that's different its boxing. You just said the guy back peddling losses, When Floyd fought Manny he looked scared Manny pressed the fight neither guy threw much punches, and Floyd mostly back peddled and tied up. Floyds father said you gotta throw more in the corner, yet Floyd won a wide unanimous decision over Pacquiao and he mostly backed up all night

so how can you say back peddling means you lost? Like I said if you going off that criteria Floyd should have lost because he looked scared, but like I said with Santos it dont matter if he was wild or sloppy its not a looks contest of who is the prettiest puncher or kicker.
At this point, I think the shit is corrupt and the judges are bought off. The UFC is in shambles and they are trying to desperately get a cash cow, which is why the judges ruled in Jon's favor. They've invested too much time and money in allowing him to hit 'n run, roid to the gills, eye pokes, etc to let him lose a decision to a dude who can't speak english on one leg.

Back