YAHOO: Why was Joe Rogan disregarding social distancing shaking everybody's hands at UFC 249?

I don't think there was much risk in what Joe did but it's pretty baffling that Dana was bragging all over the place about this great plan they'd worked out that other leagues wanted a copy of and then they so obviously went against quite a few things they'd put in writing. Must have been a bit of head scratching from the heads of those leagues watching how it worked. Would be a chuckle to see Dana taken to task over it.

Do you understand how math works?
You are posting shit about etc out of 100,000. I'm talking about percentage.
Yes, there higher numbers out of 100k with the elderly, but you do know there are way more younger people than older right? Which makes it possible to still have 55% be under 65.
If you need more in depth explanation let me know, and I'll have my wife explain it to you, she's better at dealing with slow children.
You’re the fuckin’ idiot that’s trying to make a point about “young adults” but including 45-64yr olds.

You’re the fuckin’ idiot that’s trying to make a point about “young adults” but including 45-64yr olds.
The article said "young adults"
I included up to 65, since that seems to be when most consider them to be "elderly".
Since that's your only complaint in your reply, I'm assuming you now understand how numbers and math work?

Dude's an idiot. In order to prove I was wrong about Covid-19 response leading to food shortages he sourced we have meat shortages due to the Covid-19 response. Genius.

I'm a Nurse. I already posted the stats. Total percent of people who die with no known pre-existing conditions is 0.9%.

The people trying to downplay this shit are so far removed from the issue, hence the ignorant as fuck comments. Dumb fight fans with no formal education.

The article said "young adults"
I included up to 65, since that seems to be when most consider them to be "elderly".
Since that's your only complaint in your reply, I'm assuming you now understand how numbers and math work?
So in your world we jump from 'young' to 'elderly', no middle aged adults at all. You're still wrong, total hospitalizations of those under 65 is only 18%. Already sourced the CDC data.

In case you haven't noticed, Rogan is kind of an idiot. He thinks negative tests guarantee that no one has the virus therefore no other measures required.
If you can't believe a negative test result then what can you believe? He also gets tested for his podcast regularly. Plus, we just watched multiple pairs of fighters come into direct contact with each other but somehow a handshake is what's getting the attention?

If you can't believe a negative test result then what can you believe? He also gets tested for his podcast regularly. Plus, we just watched multiple pairs of fighters come into direct contact with each other but somehow a handshake is what's getting the attention?
Exactly. I made that point earlier. He can't handshake because the risk of a false negative is far too high and that fighter could have Covid-19. But it's fine to have another fighter and ref in there with him to be exposed. The rebuttal was if we don't let fighters come into contact with each other we need to keep parents away from kids. The stupidity is never-ending.

If they used the worst possible testing method there is a 0.045% chance a fighter had a false negative test.

Dude's an idiot. In order to prove I was wrong about Covid-19 response leading to food shortages he sourced we have meat shortages due to the Covid-19 response. Genius.
That is not at all what article said dumbfuck. They under political pressure to stay open, not close. The ones that closed and cut shifts was because they didn't have the manpower required, due to illness and fear of getting sick. Did you even read it? Nevermind, obviously not.

That is not at all what article said dumbfuck. They under political pressure to stay open, not close. The ones that closed and cut shifts was because they didn't have the manpower required, due to illness and fear of getting sick. Did you even read it? Nevermind, obviously not.
They are under financial pressure to stay open.
when the plant finally shut down under pressure from local politicians,
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52575904

They didn't stay open against their will. They wanted to be open. They were pressured to shut down.

Again, that was in response to my saying shutting things down will lead to food shortages. You reply with an article that says we are at risk for food shortages because plants are shutting down.

You sure showed me!

They are under financial pressure to stay open.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52575904

They didn't stay open against their will. They wanted to be open. They were pressured to shut down.

Again, that was in response to my saying shutting things down will lead to food shortages. You reply with an article that says we are at risk for food shortages because plants are shutting down.

You sure showed me!
Against who's will, the owners or the employees? Of course the owners want to stay open, but the workers don't want to work with the lack of safety protocol in those facilities. My point was, if most of the workforce ends up sick, who is there to process and package the food? I'm not calling for them to shut down, but something obviously needs to happen to keep people safe and production of food moving forward.
As far as the claim of 27,000,000 starving to death in the next 3 months... I don't believe that will happen, especially when you can't even provide a single source of anyone starving to death yet.

Against who's will, the owners or the employees? Of course the owners want to stay open, but the workers don't want to work with the lack of safety protocol in those facilities. My point was, if most of the workforce ends up sick, who is there to process and package the food? I'm not calling for them to shut down, but something obviously needs to happen to keep people safe and production of food moving forward.
As far as the claim of 27,000,000 starving to death in the next 3 months... I don't believe that will happen, especially when you can't even provide a single source of anyone starving to death yet.
It's not my claim. It's the claim of the experts. I find it hilarious you demand the experts be accepted, until it's something you don't like. If you don't believe the experts why should anyone else?

Here is a completely different expert saying it. Another expert you won't believe while telling others to trust the experts.
Already, 135 million people had been facing acute food shortages, but now with the pandemic, 130 million more could go hungry in 2020, said Arif Husain, chief economist at the World Food Program, a United Nations agency. Altogether, an estimated 265 million people could be pushed to the brink of starvation by year’s end.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/world/africa/coronavirus-hunger-crisis.html

This. How can they get this so wrong? They wrote an entire article without knowing everyone there was tested?

Because telling the truth doesn't generate as many clicks as lying and then printing a small retraction (if at all) a few weeks later.

These trash websites like Yahoo, Buzzfeed, Vox, Huffington Post, etc. have been doing this shit daily for the past 3 years. Stop reading their articles.

So you said the world shouldn't be shutdown? Which means you don't think it's that serious. I'd rather listen to experts on the issue thanks. The lockdown was necessary and it's not gonna last forever like some people think.
LOL so anything "that serious" from now on means the world must shut down, we cant trust or go near anyone. Define that serious.

What happens with the next more contagious flu strain? What if the next more contagious flu strain is.001% less contagious than this one, should the world be shut down? If the survival rate of the next more contagious flu is 99.85%, should the world be shut down?

How come all the people in charge telling you to be scared and stay indoors are traveling around, not wearing masks. How come the guy who made the dire be scared model of this more contiguous flu was traveling around to his mistress house with no mask while at the same time telling everyone to be scared you might die.
If this is so serious and the world is shut down why are Grimey liquor stores still open? When will you not be scared to shake another healthy person's hand, when you're told by someone above you who didn't listen to any of these protocols for one single day?

It's funny from the second week of March til the end of the month. Me and a good 50-60 people, not always the same people were in a convention center volunteering with the United Way packing urgent food boxes for needy families. Every day before we start they'd tell us how they spoke to the health department and not only weren't mask recommended the health dept told them they don't help. Every day 7 days a week a good 50-60 people would come out no mask or anything and volunteer no one got sick everyone waw happy, not scared, etc. At one point you didn't care about people not wearing a mask. One day they change their stance and all of sudden the scared Just Stay indooRS!! crowd was acting like they wore a mask the whole time and shame anyone who isn't.
None of the volunteers I've talked to have met one of those truly caring JUSt STAY INDOORS stop the spread people helping their fellow human or volunteering in any way shape or form. Being scared and shaming people online is how they help... I guess.

I'm convinced the majority of bitter-scared-hysterical "just STay INdooors" crowd doesn't mind these changing protocols that their masters aren't even following because they never go out and do anything anyways. I'm guessing a good majority of these people are on big pharma poisonous anxiety/depression meds and don't even mind hiding their fae in public, might not even mind if they never have to shake or look another person in the eyes again because they probably secretly wished they could do that anyway since that stuff triggers their anxiety. People who didn't go out with friends much didn't enjoy the outdoors, etc. Unhealthy/unhappy people that don't mind staying indoors with a beer in their hand on the couch. People who need someone above them to tell them what to do/think. This is their comfort zone.

Oh cool, I am in nursing school now. Big ups.
Awesome, congrats. How far along? I am never on here anymore otherwise I would offer to help. When you graduate and are preparing for NCLEX I suggest Uworld if you don't mind shelling out a few bucks.

I'm getting ready to go back for my DNAP, just need to wait a bit since it will set me back $200-$300k to do it.

Back