Yair is undeserving

What has he done to deserve a title fight? In last 4 years hes fought jeremy stephens
Then lost to max holloway 49-46 had a fluke injury win again ortega and got to fight for interim title agaisnt also undeserving 38yr josh coming off 2 robbery wins in a row. Put some respect on volks name already for fuck sakes

Colby is more deserving but Yair has cool kicks

470741.jpg

Do you find it hard to get excited for his fights (when he actually fights)?

I have been watching mma for three decades and never seen a more boring fighter!

His level of domination is boring. Even with Jon Jones, Fedor, GSP and other dominant champs who went on extended runs, I tuned into every fight knowing there is a chance they will slip, get countered, caught or lose via a random fluke occurrence. But with khamzat the outcome is as obvious as can be. There is pretty much no scenario he loses to any mma fighter (any weight).

why would fans pay money to watch something this predictable?

Are ufc match makers also bored of his domination? Is that why they are not giving him wins or fights anymore?

You gotta love Alex Pereira, a wholesome guy that gets along with everyone.

No matter. Whoever is put in front of DuPlessis shall fall. Wakanda forever!

Have never heard someone say Koreans have particularly good cardio in fact I'm skeptical that any nationality has a consistent cardio advantage over others....

And like a casual the only South Korean I know of off the top of my head is Zombie, they haven't done particularly well or I suppose particularly bad.

Now if you wanna pick a nationality that has somewhat disappointed in the UFC I gotta be real I'd pick Japan .
(Go Japan and their local martial arts scene is amazing shout-out to Rizin as well as the recent K-1 news but yeah..)

Edit : I mean here's the P4P South Korean Tapology list
https://www.tapology.com/rankings/1664-best-p4p-south-korean-mma-fighters
They have Dong Hyum Kim as number 1 but overall it's nothing particularly special.

Well, ask yourself this: how many Korean fighters can you name?

I thought hooker dodged a bullet by pulling out of this fight the first time but here he is right back at it.

This fight and the whittaker vs ddp just feel like they are going to be massacres

You all must've forgot :

- double champ
- doesn't apology to nobody
- gonna take his next opponent head clean off in the very first exchange 100%
- Mystic Mac predict these things
- Your wife in his dm
{<Mcgoat}

Post of the Year. Easily.

What has he done to deserve a title fight? In last 4 years hes fought jeremy stephens
Then lost to max holloway 49-46 had a fluke injury win again ortega and got to fight for interim title agaisnt also undeserving 38yr josh coming off 2 robbery wins in a row. Put some respect on volks name already for fuck sakes
You can't fight the same guys over and over. Yair is an exciting fighter, and his striking might give Volk some problems. I think it's an interesting match up, and I am looking forward to this fight. I expect Volk to win, but you never know! See the Korean Zombie-Yair fight for a perfect example.

Get it right son. He won the #1 contender bout. Therefore by definition he deserves the title fight. It was debated whether or not he deserved the #1 contender bout or not, though.

So you're on the right track, you're just about half a year late, about the wrong fight.

I think he did deserve the #1 contender bout...and Emmett did not (it should have been Yair v Allen IMO). But hey, Allen just lost to Max, so waddyagonnado.

Who else is there for Volk to fight?
Max Holloway for the 70th time?
Brian Ortega who already lost to both Yair and Volk?
Arnold Allen who lost to Max recently?
Ilia Topuria just fought
Josh Emmett just fought and lost

Everyone else is out the top 6

Consider that you have to go one step back - Yair didn't deserve an interim title shot on a 1 fight win streak.

Arnold Allen belonged in that interim title fight, and likely would have won.

We're here because a bad decision was made prior to this booking.

not really sure who you think he should've been scheduled with other than Yair?
Arnold Allen should have fought for the belt,the UFC was claiming that Volk has cleared out the division yet he hadn't face Allen,Emmett or Yair.

Deserve has nothing to do with anything. Deserve is a word of entitlement. Whether he ‘deserves’ it or not, he has it, and the decision for who receives it isn’t yours to make.

The fact that you’re offended by the UFC’s choice is irrelevant to the universe and denotes emotional weakness. It accomplishes nothing.

That being said, many have already posted counterpoints to your poorly rationalized emotional response to this event.

I wish you a good day, but if you choose to have a bad one, I really don’t care.

Yair is legit. I won’t be surprised if he finds a way Vs Volk

Arnold Allen should have fought for the belt,the UFC was claiming that Volk has cleared out the division yet he hadn't face Allen,Emmett or Yair.

after the brutal victory he had over Calvin Kattar where Kattar hurt his knee or after his loss against Max?

Who else is there for Volk to fight?
Max Holloway for the 70th time?
Brian Ortega who already lost to both Yair and Volk?
Arnold Allen who lost to Max recently?
Ilia Topuria just fought
Josh Emmett just fought and lost

Everyone else is out the top 6
True! Yair doesn’t deserve a title shot. He’s lucky he gets the shot due to circumstances!

Nah, he didn't deserve the interim fight, but since he won that and the only other contender lost his fight, Yair is top now

Still lucky, but he's here now

Don't worry, Volk is going to make that guy tap from strikes.

If a reigning interim champ is underserving of fighting the champ then I don't know who is.

Ok who should Volk fought instead

You are undeserving of being a TS, but you don’t see us making any threads about it.
<WhatItIs>

{<BJPeen}<Waaah>{<BJPeen}

Volk arguably lost to Holloway in the 2nd fight. Who is he supposed to fight next? Top contenders at FW, that's who, and not stale rematches.

48-47 Max*

He injured Ortega with his grappling. Sherdog gonna melt down when he submits Volk for basically his 3rd straight SUB win.

Of course it'll be fluke & Volk will win the rematch. And when Yair wins the rematch it'll be "Islam ended Volks prime & 145 weight cut got to him. Plus he's 35".

Back