Yoel Romero vs GSP

Honestly, I can see GSP picking Romero apart the majority of the fight. I think romero would need to land a hail mary KO, but he actually seems to do that often, so who knows.

I really believe GSP is better just about everywhere other than size/athleticism, though.

Possibly. Romero has a tendency to slow the fight down and then burst into the highest gear when the fighter is comfortable. I can definitely see GSP getting off, but I don't know if he'd be punishing Romero, or just outpointing/winning until the explosion happens. In that case, who's really winning the fight if Romero is just guiding someone down the path of ruin? Romero vs. Chris was fairly even, but Romero saw that Chris ducked far too low for his shots. Romero made the read and just exploded with a well placed knee. Even GSP has tales... Of course, GSP could potentially win the fight (no one defends as many times as he for no reason), but definitely quite dangerous encounter for him.

GSP could very well out-point Yoel. GSP might actually be the best 185er right now which is shocking.

Possibly. Romero has a tendency to slow the fight down and then burst into the highest gear when the fighter is comfortable. I can definitely see GSP getting off, but I don't know if he'd be punishing Romero, or just outpointing/winning until the explosion happens. In that case, who's really winning the fight if Romero is just guiding someone down the path of ruin?

If the ruin never comes, then GSP. It's a dangerous fight for sure though, of course.

Yoel by early ko. GSP doesn't need another ko loss at this point in his career.

No Gay Jesus would be licking and kissing GSPs limp body, whispering sweet nothings somewhere around round 2.

Love Rush, but man, if he doesn't jab Yoel's eyes into a pulp, then he's right fck'd.

GSP by KO in round 3 because I will trigger a bunch of you fairweather fans by posting that.

Romero has a glass jaw. GSP knocks him out in the first round.

I'd say 7/10 gsp out strikes him and gets key takedowns. However the other 3 times gsp gets ko in a way that takes years off his life.

GSP came in against Bisping at 191 lbs (6 over the limit).

Romero couldnt make the 186 weight limit.

The weight difference is like 20-25 lbs.

Not really a fair matchup.

St. Pierre was 170 most of his UFC career. he moved up weight and beat the 185 guy who fought at 205 pound in Bipsing. Weight's not an issue, or size. It's Romero's explosiveness that's the most troublesome.

St. Pierre can handle a Romero, and I'd say with a finish.

As a GSP fan, he will be winning rounds until Yoel lulls him into a false sense of security and burst out with something powerful.

I can't call this fight...Too many variables.

GSP is my favorite fighter of all time, BUT I am glad in a sense that he left after the Bisping fight. Bisping was the perfect matchup for him stylistically. I just dont think he has a big enough of a frame to feel confident in his chances against a big natural 185 freak like romero

Back