You gotta be kidding me...Rhadi cut from tuf 12...??

i talked to a couple of guys that tried out.

they said krazy horse was there, and he got subbed like 3-4 times during the 2 min. but guess what, they called his name for interviews and stuff.

what a joke.

they said krazy horse was there, and he got subbed like 3-4 times during the 2 min. but guess what, they called his name for interviews and stuff.

what a joke.

now all they need is someone from chute boxe.

One of my teammates tried out but didn't make it. He said he did well but they didn't keep him...???

what a joke.
Not surprising, he once called his right and left biceps his ground game.

idk if this has been answered yet but i think lloyd irvin is his bjj teacher...

must have been a pretty good side control if he could control someone as explosive as Rhadi.. shit

why is randi trying out for tuff anyway? with his att contacts i am sure he can get fights anywhere.

This is what I'm wondering as well. Rhadi is a legit and respectable athlete.

I'm am not sure why he would want to have to worry about all the drama and bullshit, not to mention the everlasting stigma that comes with winning a contract from a reality show.

Ofcourse Rhadi is a PR machine, he knows how to market shit and it could be that he was wanting to get on the show simply to further market himself to the biggest audience possible. Who knows. That's my guess.

Rename TUF to Jersey Shore with Gloves.

I was told that they cut 205 all together because of the lack of dudes there.
But my teammate made it for 155 I am very happy for him, he's a beast

It sounds like he thought his resume would suffice.

From watching the first episode it looked like most of the guys have shit all ground games, apart from that dude with the green hair. Also Dana going so over the top about them finishing fights, wasn't that just his way of saying 'bang it out and don't go to the ground'. I felt sorry for a lot of the guys in there, they were obviously trying to impress by going in swinging like madmen and they were getting caught because of it.

Dana sounds like that Jared douchebag from elitexc was it? The guy who was telling people to keep the fights standing, the guy who Dana thought should get arrested for it. What was the name of that kimbo bandwagon before petruzelli knocked it off its wheels?

Isn't Rhadi like 40 years old? They're probably looking for younger guys to build up.

JAMIE YAGER is on tuf this season, he won the iron ring; odd coincidence...

What was Rhadi doing on his back?? You would think that he would have fought like hell to ensure he was be on top.

I see. Check him out and have a look at who he got his black from. Let me know if it was cheap. I've no idea. Thanks.

I thought Rhadi got his from Lloyd Irving.

JAMIE YAGER is on tuf this season, he won the iron ring; odd coincidence...

is that the guy with the afro? i thought i had seen him somewhere before, but didn't recognize the name.

That is rediculous. How can Kimbo Slice and War machine get on the TUF and Rhadi doesnt make the cut?

no grenade tatts/jobstopper neck tattoos?

^^^^

Our sport is really going to die if this keeps on. Every time I read another thread about how GSP is "afraid" and "all he can do" is grapple...I shudder. I honestly don't know what people want. Well, I've got a guess:

They want tough man with tiny cool gloves, but also with some cool knees and kicks, occasionally a slam, ground and pound only if it is viscious and fight ending. Submissions only if they are brutal/flying. They'd like to see guys ricochet back up to their feet if nothing happens in ten seconds. Perhaps most of all, they'd like to believe that this is real fighting, this canned scenario which encourages "excitement".

Sorry to stray from the original topic, but I just don't understand this kind of logic. Yes, there are some people who don't understand what's going on on the ground and say retarded things about the grappeling in MMA. I just don't think that the majority of MMA fans fall into that category.

Most MMA fans that I know and that post on these boards have a problem with the boring almost robotic sequence of immediate take down, smother and keep top control at all costs, and get a few ground and pound shots in so you don't get stood up. Winning the decision is the goal of this strategy but if you are competely superior physically and/or in technique you may get a stop here and there. Hughes, GSP ( post Serra), Linland, ect. have all been accused of this. This strategy is great for winning and if I were in their shoes I may do the same thing.

However, that doesn't mean that the fans want to pay to see it. That kind of strategy is a big part of why boxing is/was slowly fading. A lot of the best boxers in the world go into the ring with the idea of having great defense and landing enough shots (with or without power behind them) to win the decision. While they are brillant with their technique, that still doesn't mean people want to watch it.

Money fuels the sport. If people stop paying to watch MMA because it's not exciting anymore, then there would be no more chances to watch the likes at GSP, Hughes, etc. I'll take Kimbo and all of the other pathetic fighters being on a crappy reality show if that's what it takes to make the money to employ the best fighters in the world.

Back