You think Jones is going the GSP/Cejudo route?

sources ?
There's no exact source, they made public statements. You have to read between the lines.
  • Jon has previously stated his total per/fight income at 5 mil.
  • Dana White said they offered Jones good money to fight Frank.
  • Jon said 8-10 mil ain't enough.
  • Dana says they can't get a fight done because Jones wants "Deontay Wilder Money".
  • Deontay Wilder had just made 30-35 mil for his last fight.
Putting it all together, and adjusting for two damn liars, I'd say Jones wanted in the 20's and UFC offered 8-12. In any case, Jones explicitly rejected the 8-10 level.

Last edited:
Honestly? If it was me, I'd say the dude was roided for the second fight and maybe (probably) for the first fight, so there's no telling what would have happened if Jones wasn't cheating. But DC is much more of a gentleman than I am, so he says nothing.
He says he lost both fights...

And regardless if Jones was roided, DC lost. If it were me I would say, maybe I could have won if Jones wasn't roided, but I lost when he was roided. And DC has said the same, I think a lot of athletes look at it that way.

Last edited:
he should have went for the glover rematch and retired. It would have been an easy win and it would have secured his legacy. To be honest, I feel as though he isn't afraid to move up to hw as long as the price tag is right. He said in a interview that he didn't give a shit about being knocked out as long as he gets paid his worth. If Dana could somehow pay him 11+ million plus to fight Ngannou, I think Jones could take the fight. But since dana is such a cheap bald fuck, Jones won't take the chance. Seriously, I don't blame him. Who wants to get knocked out for a 500k purse. lol.
A) Jones obviously much, much more than 500k to fight
B) Jones said openly he wanted 30 MILLION to fight Francis, stating that it was the bigger risk of getting KOd as the main factor.

McGregor only gets 20 million a fight and this is because he draws literally 3-4x the PPVs Jones does.

He purposely priced himself out of HW and that's all there is to it, really. It didn't come down to an extra million or two...He may as well have said he wanted a trillion dollars to fight at HW.

Basically effectively retired unless there is a favorable match up for him. Like if Francis retires and somehow Black Beast or Tuivasa get the title shot over Gane?

To use an olde meme from my childhood

oreally.jpg

Enough with the GSP bullshit. I’ve seen plenty of evidence saying GSP was coming back for other fighters. It just worked out the way it did. And what’s wrong with fighting a guy that beat Silva?? Hate is an evil thing.. Especially years and decades later. It’s a fucking sport. Quit crying, ffs.

Why aren’t Conor and Izzy in your title. Both cherrypicked a fight a division up? And did Cejudo cause TJ to be suspended? It’s so fucking ridiculous.

Lol delusional

[QUOTE="krelianx, post: 167423011, member: It makes no sense for the UFC to give him a title fight only then to have to deal with him sitting on the belt or having to strip him because he only wants big fights for outlandish money. [/QUOTE]

Or....

Shooting a gun off in public
Beating his wife
Failing drug tests
Hit and run
Getting arrested

Let's not pretend there is but one reason why the UFC could potentially strip Jones when he has already been stripped for more than one reason.

He says he lost both fights...

And regardless if Jones was roided, DC lost. If it were me I would say, maybe I could have won if Jones wasn't roided, but I lost when he was roided. And DC has said the same, I think a lot of athletes look at it that way.
Well, I mean he says nothing about the fact that Jon was roided for the second fight. And good for him. And I agree, It probably eats him up that he went down to fight on Jon's terms, clean, and everyone thinks Jon won the second fight fair and square--which couldn't be further from the truth. If you recall, DC was even winning 'until he lost'

he should have went for the glover rematch and retired. It would have been an easy win and it would have secured his legacy. To be honest, I feel as though he isn't afraid to move up to hw as long as the price tag is right. He said in a interview that he didn't give a shit about being knocked out as long as he gets paid his worth. If Dana could somehow pay him 11+ million plus to fight Ngannou, I think Jones could take the fight. But since dana is such a cheap bald fuck, Jones won't take the chance. Seriously, I don't blame him. Who wants to get knocked out for a 500k purse. lol.
How would beating a guy he already dominated secure his legacy….makes zero sense

Well, I mean he says nothing about the fact that Jon was roided for the second fight. And good for him. And I agree, It probably eats him up that he went down to fight on Jon's terms, clean, and everyone thinks Jon won the second fight fair and square--which couldn't be further from the truth. If you recall, DC was even winning 'until he lost'
Dc wasn’t winning…he was doing ok

Jon gave gus his rematch which he did more damage and won and beat gus again gsp ran from hendricks rematch after getting smashed and took years to fight a old bisping

To be clear, I love DC and fuck Jones. I don't want the fact that I am defending this stance to skew how you think I really feel about these fighters.

That being said, DC has been bested. I honestly think Jones is the best talent to ever grace MMA and DC might be the second best but we will never know because of Jones ( I don't really want to debate that point, but that is how I feel, completely see the other side of that view). That being said, any round I ever gave DC in those fights, were DC edging them. I don't remember those fights exactly anymore, been so long, but what I do remember was, DC didn't dominate any rounds. So winning until he lost, just wasn't enough.

To be clear, I love DC and fuck Jones. I don't want the fact that I am defending this stance to skew how you think I really feel about these fighters.

That being said, DC has been bested. I honestly think Jones is the best talent to ever grace MMA and DC might be the second best but we will never know because of Jones ( I don't really want to debate that point, but that is how I feel, completely see the other side of that view). That being said, any round I ever gave DC in those fights, were DC edging them. I don't remember those fights exactly anymore, been so long, but what I do remember was, DC didn't dominate any rounds. So winning until he lost, just wasn't enough.
I get it. I remember DC putting him on the back foot and hitting him clean, often. But maybe that's just what I want to remember. He really dove into that head kick though. That's what would bug me the most, I guess, not the roids. They may actually have been more of a factor in the first fight where Jon outlasted him

This is fundamentally incorrect. Jones is historically a bigger draw than Wilder and makes considerably less compared to him. He's definitely worth the kind of money he thinks he is, the UFC's pay structure (18% revenue share with the athletes) is just not conducive of fighters being paid what they are actually worth.
How is Jon a historically bigger draw?
Wilder has 4 PPV bouts that averaged 587500 PPV buys
Jon has an average of 547,846. Since the UFC has much stronger supporting cards and the UFC as a brand itself sells 200k for virtually any card those numbers aren't all Jon.

Do you think DC goes around saying he lost once? There's how sports writers look at these things and how competitors do. I think a guy like DC feels like he lost twice and it gets to him. I would relate to that sentiment.
Well if cheating doesn't matter then DC is the GOAT and wins everytime. DC does get to shoot Jon in the leg at the start of the first round though. There are rules that the fighters must adhere to. You don't think if DC got to roid freely he doesn't beat Jon?

A) Jones obviously much, much more than 500k to fight
B) Jones said openly he wanted 30 MILLION to fight Francis, stating that it was the bigger risk of getting KOd as the main factor.

McGregor only gets 20 million a fight and this is because he draws literally 3-4x the PPVs Jones does.

He purposely priced himself out of HW and that's all there is to it, really. It didn't come down to an extra million or two...He may as well have said he wanted a trillion dollars to fight at HW.
I think he is only willing to fight Stipe,and then prob retire if he can get the belt off that. Stipe seems like the only one he is eager to fight.

Well if cheating doesn't matter then DC is the GOAT and wins everytime. DC does get to shoot Jon in the leg at the start of the first round though. There are rules that the fighters must adhere to. You don't think if DC got to roid freely he doesn't beat Jon?
I didn't say it didn't matter, I am just illustrating that competitors still feel it as a loss and don't go around saying they only lost once or even suggesting that was a win, unless you're Aljo.

Roids.

I didn't say it didn't matter, I am just illustrating that competitors still feel it as a loss and don't go around saying they only lost once or even suggesting that was a win, unless you're Aljo.
That right there is complete bullshit. People jumping on Aljo are ridiculous. Some take the position Aljo was fine and could have continued. Others claim Yan was winning so the knee didn't matter.

Petr Yan lost because he broke the rules flagrantly. He may not have been malicious in his knee to Aljo's head but it was intentional. He targeted the head and connected. Had Aljo not been a downed opponent that would have ended the fight and no one would complain about the stoppage. No fighter should be expected to continue after a blow that was in any other case fight ending.

Jon gave gus his rematch which he did more damage and won and beat gus again gsp ran from hendricks rematch after getting smashed and took years to fight a old bisping
Gsp would have beaten post Usada fat Hendricks at MW.
And I don't even like Gsp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back