Your reaction if DP wins in Abu dhabu?

it all depends how he wins. i dont think conor deserves to be a 3-1 favorite, but i certainly do think he should be favored. watching embedded has me a bit worried. it looks as if conor is mostly working on some boxing, but mostly cardio. yes, that was his biggest weakness for a while, but DP has the tools to make this ugly for conor... ESPECIALLY if he doesnt fight with emotion and doesnt play conor's game. he probably cant take conor down and keep him down enough to win that way, but he does have some slick subs if it does come to that. he striking is good enough to keep him going into later rounds and can outcardio conor. seems like hes training with some top guys too, while conor has some yes men instead of world class fighters to keep him sharp.

i dont necessarily think this is such a gimme for conor, but he still wins it... tko more than likely. im afraid porier will be a company man and play conor's game to keep dana happy. and if ppl dont think this is a thing, well, get ur head checked.

lol @ evangelion. that's cute. you believe in santa and tooth fairy too? you think jesus walked on water, parted the red sea with his hands, receieved 10 commandments carved in stone by lightning from a burning bush? yeah, im the moron.

that’s funny.
If you mock a religion you should at least say like 25% of what you say to be accurate. Or you look foolish.

but we all get your point.

Frankly I think Conor's party life style has dulled his tools. he will not be so quick anymore, and Dustin has improved a lot so I expect Poirier to finish him. Remember - speed is the first to go, when a fighter declines due to age/drinking/drugs.
speed you say? where do reflexes fit on things to when fighters decline?

unnamed.gif

To me and I'm sure most knowledgeable fans, it wouldn't be much of a surprise nor an upset. Dustin is a top caliber LW. Of course Conor should be the favorite going in, but I have odds relatively close favoring Conor 55/45.

on the other hand, many media outlets are not really even acknowledging Poirier, they've essentially written him off and they are acting as though Conor has already won. It's a shame the disrespect Dustin is getting from them. So much for unbiased journalism and media.

My University halls is full of hundreds of Irish people, so I'll just chant Poiriers name all night long and laugh at them.

Id be somewhat surprised

Dustin isnt a great fighter, hes felders level, hes attempt a guillotine on khabib level

Won't really be shocked if it happens. Poirier is as skilled as they come, and he's filled out to be a big and strong LW. Conor better hope that left is laser guided, cause he was getting a bit out boxed the first time they met before he connected for the finish from what I remember. And DP has only gotten better and better at boxing, and has basically become the bench mark for top flight boxing at the weight class.
All true but somehow I’ll still be quite surprised if that happens. Conor has really slick striking like to the point where people just go out. But like you said he needs to be laser focused and on. One big connection in the first round and it might be done. Don’t listen to me though as I also thought it quite likely that kattar lands big on Holloway

Depends on the kind of fight

If its a war and conor loses:
{<redford}

if he loses in a one sided beatdown:
<{anton}>

Between these two I ve been a fan of the Diamond longer. I just want a great fight

I expect him to. I'll just be happy to see Conor fail.

why the last part tho ?

serious question .. because no matter how much you dislike someone there should always be enough room for a man to pick himself back up

There’s no build up to this fight. Will watch but won’t care much.

This will be me
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f74325f4338734d454a34394a55673d3d2d3430382e313631363264366634366631653630333430313833343238353637332e676966

And I expect Conor fans to be
4uhhnx.gif

Unfortunately Conor's going to win these hand picked opponents

Last edited:
Back