• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"You're all a bunch of broke b*tches."

He's 0-3 in title fights so he's a tough sell at this point. If I were him I'd try to fight 3+ times per year headlining fight nights or whatever to try to make one last run.

The only other thing he could do is fight Poirier at a catch weight (or 170) or something.
There is no last run. This was his last chance and he knew it. At 35 he's not going on an unprecedented win streak to secure a 4th title shot, something that has never been granted to any fighter irrc.

Before last Saturday he was 0-2 in title fights where one was gifted to him lol. Bisping and Oliveira had to get nearly 30 fights before they got their shot. Why keep acting like that when you can't even win?
Who gives a shit? He does it because IT WORKS. Do you think Conor would have gotten half the opportunities he did without all the BS he talks?

It's an act, everyone knows it's an act but people still get so butthurt over it that they can't stop talking about him. You're like pro wrasslin marks that believe "It's still real to me dammit!!!".

There is no last run. This was his last chance and he knew it. At 35 he's not going on an unprecedented win streak to secure a 4th title shot, something that has never been granted to any fighter irrc.
Yet sherdog would still give him attention no matter what he says

He kinda reminds me of Chael. Except instead of being funny he's extraordinarly unlikeable in every conceivable way.
2 title fight losses to Anderson/Usman

1 title fight loss to Jon/Leon

Checks out

Who gives a shit? He does it because IT WORKS. Do you think Conor would have gotten half the opportunities he did without all the BS he talks?

It's an act, everyone knows it's an act but people still get so butthurt over it that they can't stop talking about him. You're like pro wrasslin marks that believe "It's still real to me dammit!!!".
Conor kept winning when it counted
<seedat>
This seems like it's a sore subject for you. You still think Colby can be a top contender?

After that performance I don't think his haters care enough to even boo him at his next fight.

It’s what he does. He has his rehearsed lines and when they don’t land he panics and says the worst thing he can think of in the moment. Same reason he brought up Leon’s dad, got flustered flubbing his lines and tried to get it back.

This is nothing new. Even the great Ali said the most horrendous shit during the lead ups to his fights. Far worse than even Conor or Colby.

The whole point is that it creates this kind of polarizing reaction. People reacting negatively is exactly why it's so effective at selling tickets.

And for someone like Colby who otherwise wouldn't be a draw or lacks any semblance of charisma, going to those extremes in an attempt to make himself the villain is the only real play he has.

At the end of the day, it worked.
Yeah, I watched Ali's fights and trash talk in the 70s and don't agree that he was worse than what these guys are saying; he always made me laugh as a kid because what he said was funny and was seldom anything like what those guys said (there is more than one way to talk smack and brag, Ali had way too much style and charisma to be compared to those guys). Also, Ali was a cultural icon and a towering figure in the civil rights and anti-war movements of his time, and the sum of what he said can in no way be compared to trashy losers like Colby and Sean.

Yes, Ali said Frazier was an Uncle Tom and a white man's champion, and that was hurtful and shouldn't have been said- but Ali did apologize to Frazier later in his life, and we all can understand the complexity of Ali, and that he again cannot be compared to trashy losers trying to make a name for themselves.

I have followed the fight game since the mid 70s when I watched with my dad as a young kid, MMA, boxing, and to some extent kickboxing. I remember a lot of smack talk, but this week is the worst I have heard when you consider context and what was said.

I don't agree with all of this "Ali already did this" sentiment. They said that about Colin K kneeling, but if Kap had half the wit, charisma, and thoughtfulness that Ali had, he would have been able to take his message much further. There is only one Ali.

This whole thing Is a circus. Most of what you see Is an act. It should all be taken with a grain of salt, because attention is currency. Everyone is doing everything In their power to get views.

Because views means financial security. This is the game being played and It's obvious.

But I suppose If everyone understood this and seen through the illusions, it would stop the wheels from turning.

It's the naive who keep the system going.
What did Ali say that was worse?

All those people booing were actually Colby fans. They were just cheering minutes before that. I was in the arena. What happened was the fans were PISSED the main event was a shit show. So they were actually Colby fans made at him for wasting their money. That’s the consensus I gathered being there live

Does Colby still have any fans at this point? First tries to get the crowd back on his side talking about first responders, military, etc. shows his true colors about the working class when he claimed he fought for them, not even his boy Trump stuck around. Does Colby still have fans or is it just trolls not realizing he doesn't actually like his own supporters?
there are already several of these threads. you should just post in one of them next time. the answer is “yes,” but fans usually dip out of forums when their fighter loses because it sucks dealing with all the obnoxious triumphalism.

Conor kept winning when it counted
<seedat>
This seems like it's a sore subject for you. You still think Colby can be a top contender?
I honestly don't care. As I've described him previously: "A solid addition to 170 although nothing amazing but his ability trigger the snowflakes leading to endless cheap laughs is second to none."

It's not a sore point with me at all... I am just positively mystified that despite everyone knowing EXACTLY what he is doing, they are so butthurt about what he says, that they can't stop constantly talking about him ...even though they know that's exactly what he wants.

As I said, people on here are like pro wrasslin marks.

It's not like Leon landed a lot more on him.
Masvidal and Lawler landed way more punches than Edwards, while absolutely losing the fight.

First Usman fight, Kamaru landed over 3 times as much on him.

Both sucked, Leon just controlled the fight, slightly outlanding with cleaner and stronger punches and Colby was on the back foot.

The strikes that Edwards did land wrecked Colby's lead leg and generally put the fear in him. It wasn't that Edwards was rocking Colby with any of his punches, it was about hard shots landing consistently whenever Colby tried to come forward.

Edwards did the same to iron-willed volume striker Nate. Diaz isn't a bitch and didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed that night. He simply felt that same consistent rhythm of damaging strikes that Colby felt, sapping his will to fight. So while the sig. strikes were practically even (77-76), there is no question who dominated the fight.

After that performance I don't think his haters care enough to even boo him at his next fight.
As Dana said at the post fight presser, in the hour after the shitfight at the pre-fight presser, presales for the PPV jumped by over 25%.

Those who love him AND those that hate him will both still tune in to watch him... and he'll be laughing all the way to the bank, as usual.

As Dana said at the post fight presser, in the hour after the shitfight at the pre-fight presser, presales for the PPV jumped by over 25%.

Those who love him AND those that hate him will both still tune in to watch him... and he'll be laughing all the way to the bank, as usual.

I said AFTER this fight

He usually goes out there and actually FIGHTS

Back