Social You're in your 30s, do you have a house or a familly ?

yes and yes
2 kids and a wife plus a house.
don't live in the house though. it is on a piece of land that will in the future become very desirable so we are waiting for it to gain value and then flip it to help pay for something in Hawaii or CA

Let's get it straight, having a family and a house in your 30s is not the dream anymore, used to be in the 50s to mid 2000s, things have changed, millenial wish more of travelling, focusing on their career have experiencing things in life.

32, 2 kids, have had my house for 5 years but looking to buy a new one next year.

I'm 26 and have a wife and 2 daughters.

I co-own our house with my mom, but it got passed down as an inheritance. That is not as manly as buying or building a home yourself. Not gonna lie, that bothers me.

One of my life goals is to acquire a house properly.

Last edited:
yes and yes
2 kids and a wife plus a house.
don't live in the house though. it is on a piece of land that will in the future become very desirable so we are waiting for it to gain value and then flip it to help pay for something in Hawaii or CA
You get your green card yet?

Good job, what do you do?

No to neither, but I dont think a house nessecarily makes sense, Im in a position to rent extremely cheap for a nice place with the GF luckily.
Though i should probably try to marry her and have some kids within the next few years.
HR for the last 10+ years. Made my way to big tech about 8 years ago.

You get your green card yet?
no sir
not planning on it either unless they change their laws to be more like Taiwan.
instead I will probably juggle a family visa through my wife's family for as long as I need to

edit
you got your green card?

As someone with no kids who will be 40 at the end of the year I can tell you it does start to bother you a little. You notice your friends that have them hang out and stop inviting you to stuff and you are stuck hanging out with the ones who don't who are usually weirdo couples or perpetually single drunks.

I don't think owning a home will be considered the norm in your 30s anymore.

Same here bro

It’s also starting to bother me more in my 40s. I don’t even have my own apartment right now. Trying to save money and get my own place but shit is expensive

I should be grateful. I’m not in any serious debt. My credit is good and I am halfway done paying off my car. No ex wives, baby mamas and child/spousal support to pay. College degree and a clean record. I got a decent job with benefits but I know I could be doing better

I’m seriously happy for you guys with families who are home owners. No hate from me

no sir
not planning on it either unless they change their laws to be more like Taiwan.
instead I will probably juggle a family visa through my wife's family for as long as I need to
Got mine last year. Feels good but whatever. You working remotely then?

Same here bro

It’s also starting to bother me more in my 40s. I don’t even have my own apartment right now. Trying to save money and get my own place but shit is expensive

I should be grateful. I’m not in any serious debt. My credit is good and I am halfway done paying off my car. No ex wives, baby mamas and child/spousal support to pay. College degree and a clean record. I got a decent job with benefits but I know I could be doing better

I’m seriously happy for you guys with families who are home owners. No hate from me
The inflation is so absolutely goddamn insane the last 5 years or so. To the point it's depressing. Even if you keep making more money it doesn't feel like you're getting anywhere.

Yep, got both. Wouldn’t trade for anything
Got lucky with the housing market

30 years old, me and my wife own a house and we have a daughter.

All happened fairly recently though, most of my 20s I was a bum doing open mic comedy attempting to make a career out of it. Now my wife manages a comedy club and I’m making pretty good money doing comedy. Having a good really pushed both of use to take our careers more seriously and it’s worked out for the better.
Good to hear. I remember some funny standup videos you posted here, and some legendarily funny posts too.

As someone with no kids who will be 40 at the end of the year I can tell you it does start to bother you a little. You notice your friends that have them hang out and stop inviting you to stuff and you are stuck hanging out with the ones who don't who are usually weirdo couples or perpetually single drunks.

I don't think owning a home will be considered the norm in your 30s anymore.

As someone that looks at my friends and their misery, I don't envy them sir.
I got a house and that's my baby.

Back