You're "secret" struggle in life?

My escape. I love it. Would love some new blood to support. Im in the car a lot, Gym, Hikes....all go better with music.

I can pretty much live without music. It really bothers some people. I was seeing this chick that called me "a soulless bastard" because of it. Whatever. It doesn't mean shit coming from someone that reads books from Oprah's book club with fake prescription eyewear.

Trying to keep all of my electronic devices charged when i need them

Peeing sufficient amount before going to sleep and trying not to dream of peeing or looking for place to pee. While just drinking tiny sips of water before sleeping, I end up having like two full pee sessions after waking up. So much water working its way through the pipeline while sleeping.

I can pretty much live without music. It really bothers some people. I was seeing this chick that called me "a soulless bastard" because of it. Whatever. It doesn't mean shit coming from someone that reads books from Oprah's book club with fake prescription eyewear.
I know others like you. May I ask how old you are? Is it just music you could do without? What about other forms of entertainment?

I know others like you. May I ask how old you are? Is it just music you could do without? What about other forms of entertainment?

45. I can pretty much do without music and tv. I mostly listen to local talk radio. I listed to Coast to Coast now and then, but it isn't the same without Art Bell.

Highly functional alcoholic here with zero desire to change...also my penis is too massive and I have to throw it over my leg when I shit or it will hit the gross water in the bottom of the toilet bowl

I struggle every day due to the state of music. I know it sounds petty. But producers and radio programmers have ruined music. Hip Hop/Pop rules the airwaves and it is BAD. No real bands make it to the mainstream at all unless they are poppy and weak like Maroon 5 or Ed Sherhan. It has been this way for a decade. We had a wave of new bands like Black Keys, Cage the Elephant, Foster the People, The Strokes, Greta Van Fleet but that was like 10 years ago and no new band gets radio play. They were building momentum but it faded. Country is big but so limited in its sound. I yearn for the Hard rock bands: 70s had Hard Rock like Led Zep, The Who, Kiss. 80s had Van Halen, Metallica, Guns N Roses. 90s had Nirvana, Pearl Jam, AIC, STP. 00's had Blink 182, Korn, Linkin Park, Sum 41..But alas now we only get The Wknd, MGK, Dua Lipa, Takashi 69, Lil Nas X etc. Would love for some new bands to start a new trend...a new sound...something that makes a kid want to learn to play the guitar or drums. Write songs. Get air play on mainstream radio.

Mainstream music has been garbage for most of my life and im 32.
I havnt really paid attention too it or cared about it for ever, and i cant remember the last time I generally listened to the radio.
Im really not a fan of many of the bands you mentioned at all.

I would say there is always fantastic music out there, you just gotta go a bit dieeper than what your scratching there. The only band you mentioned that Id consider myself a real fan of, someone that I listen to at least a few times a year would be AIC.

I recommend Royal Blood and IDLES for more modern rock type bands doing good things. Especially fucking Idles. They feel like a some what spiritual successor to the things The Clash taught us.

Currently I'm getting more into..whatever kind of hardcore Converge, Knocked Loose....otherside like Turnstile are.

As for me...no real secrets I guess. I suffer with depression/anxeity/poor self esteem pretty badly. Im also pretty bored and frustrated by life the last few weeks and unmotivated. I have kind of learnt im a fearful-avoident type when it comes to relationships but im also incredibly lonely so im even rarer in that field, as most of that type kind of just have sex and bounce around where as I dont even do that as I dont expect people will ever like me or desire me.

Oh well, theres always music and books. But feeling very much like the Idles song "Exeter" lately

Nothing ever fucking happens

My secret struggle involves seeing a thread title like this and not correcting anyone.
Nah, he meant to say “You are a secret struggle.” He is merely commenting that we are the struggle ourselves, but we externalize it and make it about something else. Or some shit.

My #1 struggle is I don't care what people think of me and it makes me seem very cold towards other people when they talk to me about stupid shit that is easily fixed and I am brutally honest to them.

I know my demons and embrace who I am. I have 0 empathy to adults.

Inability to be desired and have sex with beautiful women despite being good looking. I am a little autistic thankfully I have had women before but beautiful women is an aim. Not to even be shallow but it is something I should realistically have had an abundance of according to some peopme.

I struggle every day due to the state of music. I know it sounds petty. But producers and radio programmers have ruined music. Hip Hop/Pop rules the airwaves and it is BAD. No real bands make it to the mainstream at all unless they are poppy and weak like Maroon 5 or Ed Sherhan. It has been this way for a decade. We had a wave of new bands like Black Keys, Cage the Elephant, Foster the People, The Strokes, Greta Van Fleet but that was like 10 years ago and no new band gets radio play. They were building momentum but it faded. Country is big but so limited in its sound. I yearn for the Hard rock bands: 70s had Hard Rock like Led Zep, The Who, Kiss. 80s had Van Halen, Metallica, Guns N Roses. 90s had Nirvana, Pearl Jam, AIC, STP. 00's had Blink 182, Korn, Linkin Park, Sum 41..But alas now we only get The Wknd, MGK, Dua Lipa, Takashi 69, Lil Nas X etc. Would love for some new bands to start a new trend...a new sound...something that makes a kid want to learn to play the guitar or drums. Write songs. Get air play on mainstream radio.
Idk if you like modern heavy metal, but since we have a lot of similar music tastes, try listening to Sleep Token. Most refreshing shit I’ve heard in a long time with today’s music.

"Your" dumbass, do you speak English!..not "you're"
Unless English is your second language in which case I apologize for everything Im saying, then go read a book you stupid ignorant mother**ker!

"Your" dumbass, do you speak English!..not "you're"
Unless English is your second language in which case I apologize for everything Im saying, then go read a book you stupid ignorant mother**ker!
People that care about this aren’t getting laid

I fly too close to the sun. That is my biggest weakness.

Job Interviewer:

"What is your biggest weakness?"

Answer - "I work too hard."

Me, if I ever went to a job interview ever again I would say:

"what are you going to give me to work for you?"

Eh it is just how the world is. People have the power now.

Had a terrible speech impediment when I was a kid, held me back from talking to girls because at a very young age my sisters friend sasha made fun of me and said I stuttered, my cousin melissa also made fun of me for it while talking to my sister, so i accepted it, obviously I love girls but that's just self doubt for a long time makes a man depressed. Especially when your family has high expectations of you.

Back