***Zak Cummings, SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a Abu Dhabi National Pro about a year and half ago. If I don't have a fight scheduled, I might try the IBJJF Wolrds. We will see, but yes I've thought about it.
Good luck in your next mma fight or the IBJJF Worlds :)

How can you best describe what the feeling was like when you got that victory on Saturday?
I can't describe Saturday's feeling. I really didn't know what to expect, but walking out of the tunnel being the 2nd fight of the card and seeing all those people. Listening to the roar, was just another level. I couldn't be more proud of my State or City for showing up like they did.

Hi Zak, congrats on the latest win.

If you could fight on a card in any country, which country/place would you choose ?
And whats the best place you traveled to for a fight ?
I've already traveled to so many amazing places. Every place had something special. Dublin was absolutely insane because Conor headlined it. Croatia took me by surprise because I had no clue what to expect. If I could ask for a place, JAPAN!!!!

Who was the toughest opponent you have ever faced in your career?

Hey Zak, your performance against Dalby turned me into a fan, displayed great striking there. Do you think that things are finally coming together, and that you're now able to showcase your full skills? It would seem like it, since you've scored two finishes in a row against decent competition.

Best of luck to ya.

The TUF Show is a completely different beast. The best fighter rarely wins. I tried out many times for the show but they never ended up doing my weight class. Finally everything lined up, just happened to be the season full of killers. It was the 1st time in my career that all I had to do was train, no job, no school, just train.

Thanks for responding, that was one of the most stacked seasons in terms of the level of competition and just the talent in the house. Your KO over Fekete made me a fan. Best wishes in the future, cheers.

When TUF 25 was first announced, a rumored cast list appeared & off the top of my head about 75% of the people that were on the list actually ended up on the show. Your name was on there. Was there a possibility you could have been on this current season?

Who was the toughest opponent you have ever faced in your career?
Tim Kennedy, he got me at a time pretty early in my career. But he is the only one of my five losses that I truly felt beaten. Gunner was the only other finish but a crazy eye injury had a huge part in that.

Hey Zak, what's your strength and conditioning consist of?

Hey Zak, your performance against Dalby turned me into a fan, displayed great striking there. Do you think that things are finally coming together, and that you're now able to showcase your full skills? It would seem like it, since you've scored two finishes in a row against decent competition.

Best of luck to ya.
Thank you, I'm always learning and improving. A lot of guys get to the top level and think they are good enough. I try to learn everyday. I feel comfortable with any style but I still need to win a big fight to prove to most fans that I'm for real. Hope thats what I get next.

When TUF 25 was first announced, a rumored cast list appeared & off the top of my head about 75% of the people that were on the list actually ended up on the show. Your name was on there. Was there a possibility you could have been on this current season?
I was asked to do it, and I was at the medicals (which is where that list came from, it was 100% correct) I gave it some thought but after discussion with my family and team, I decided to pull my name from the list. Making 170 that many times would have done permanent damage to my body.

Hey Zak, what's your strength and conditioning consist of?
a lot of explosive work. plyometrics, full body movements, flipping tires, agility work. I really don't do much heavy weight at all.

I was asked to do it, and I was at the medicals (which is where that list came from, it was 100% correct) I gave it some thought but after discussion with my family and team, I decided to pull my name from the list. Making 170 that many times would have done permanent damage to my body.
I'm sure you couldn't have been too fond of possibly fighting James either, right?

Who is your favorite MMA fighter of all time? and what influenced you to become an MMA fighter?

I'm sure you couldn't have been too fond of possibly fighting James either, right?
Fighting a teammate, best friend, and business partner.... Would have been incredibly hard but I'm sure we would have made it through it, if it had to happen. I'm happy it didn't though

Since Chael was your TUF coach & all... How do you think he beats Wanderlei in June? :D

How and why do you think Artem beats Swanson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back