• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V7.0

At least he didn’t say romantically...
<GOT2>
i think, in fact, he did.

<{jackyeah}>

That's interesting. I've seen dogs react to the sounds of other dogs barking on a tv or other animal sounds. But this is just a human voice. The dog seems more fixated on the visuals than the sounds which I have not really seen before without the sounds being the main draw.

i think, in fact, he did.

<{jackyeah}>

That's interesting. I've seen dogs react to the sounds of other dogs barking on a tv or other animal sounds. But this is just a human voice. The dog seems more fixated on the visuals than the sounds which I have not really seen before without the sounds being the main draw.
If you think that dogs don't understand human speech, you're incorrect.

And even the visuals are rather clear, imho, a cub trying to revive/resuscitate its parent.

Oh, and an interesting piece of trivia:
https://www.theatlantic.com/science...ication-gave-dogs-two-new-eye-muscles/591868/

If you think that dogs don't understand human speech, you're incorrect.

And even the visuals are rather clear, imho, a cub trying to revive/resuscitate its parent.

Oh, and an interesting piece of trivia:
https://www.theatlantic.com/science...ication-gave-dogs-two-new-eye-muscles/591868/
No I am not saying that. Dogs have a pretty wide range of comprehension. I know.

I am saying I have not experienced dogs reacting to simple discussion speech on tv like that. there was nothing really attention drawing in that scene. I know dogs will react to other animal sounds, screeches,whistles and such on tv, but not just general talk, in my experience.

I just did not see the type of things that typically trigger a dog response like that to that video. Not visually or audibly.

And thx. Interesting article. Ya evolution!

No I am not saying that. Dogs have a pretty wide range of comprehension. I know.

I am saying I have not experienced dogs reacting to simple discussion speech on tv like that. there was nothing really attention drawing in that scene. I know dogs will react to other animal sounds, screeches,whistles and such on tv, but not just general talk, in my experience.

I just did not see the type of things that typically trigger a dog response like that to that video. Not visually or audibly.

And thx. Interesting article. Ya evolution!
Gotcha.
Well, it was the first time I saw such a reaction meself. Thought I'd share it itt.

We criminally underestimate the intelligence of other species. Sad.

The tale of Osman the pelican and the dog he befriended.
gww3u0ylkd531.jpg

This image was making the rounds as a meme, so I googled for more info and it turned up a Snopes article mentioning that it was mostly true except for his name (Osman, not Petey) and the dog was never adopted and stopped returning after Osman died.

pelican-osman.jpg

Jack Wattley's Discus. A Legend in the game.

old school epicness also here

Back