Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V7.0

Lol women ruin everything

8jJyDKa.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These two are so funny they need to be unburied from the prior post.

Dog is like, 'sure, whatever, play with him, i don't give a f*ck. You think you are making me jealous. na'h. Ah f*ck it'

Last Ram gets penalty for late hit to grounded opponent.

<Deported1>

Seriously though we may have witnessed a snuff film here the way the guys head hits the pavement after the sneak attack. Probably should not laugh at this one.

That’s awesome, how many gallons is that setup? Also cool to see a peacock bass

Roughly 2000g.. footprint is 10x5 and its about 6' high.. or something there about..

Pretty neat setup actually..

Yeah.. cichlas are nice.. probably the most fun fish to feed..

I don't really like 'stunts' like this with Wild Animals unless there are genuine learnings to be gained.

I wonder if the guy is legit concerned (hope my time stamp works) about the bear maybe breaking in if it goes on top of box.

Polar bears actually have a technique for breaking through ice to grab a seal just below. its a close and concentrated double fisted punch bringing all their weight to bear/bare.

8cb69a2df20501a1b480a2e477b288a09735596f_00.gif

He is basically food in a box if that happens. And for what? YouTube views?

The batmans are not carved up.. a stingray would not survive that treatment (i own several) especially not at a young age..

It is however a trait that i think they shouldn't breed as the stingrays are at a serious disadvantage when competing for food etc..
There are a few genetic freaks, that are misshapen regular freshwater stingrays, but many are now carved up, to try and sell for a high price. Most don't live long, but it is an unfortunate practice, just like removing the slime coat and chemically dying them, or tattooing characters in them. Those sellers are in it to make money.

There are a few genetic freaks, that are misshapen regular freshwater stingrays, but many are now carved up, to try and sell for a high price. Most don't live long, but it is an unfortunate practice, just like removing the slime coat and chemically dying them, or tattooing characters in them. Those sellers are in it to make money.

Links?

I know that some fish are tattooed but i think i'd be aware of this as i'm pretty deep into this hobby.. i've treated wounded stingrays and i'm just not seeing how they would survive getting their slime coat removed and get dyed..

A regular heater/ammonia burn is enough to trouble a stingray.. especially a pup.. I just don't see how they'd do it even if i absolutely think people are greedy and cruel enough..

Last edited:
Links?

I know that some fish are tattooed but i think i'd be aware of this as i'm pretty deep into this hobby.. i've treated wounded stingrays and i'm just not seeing how they would survive getting their slime coat removed and get dyed..

A regular heater/ammonia burn is enough to trouble a stingray.. especially a pup.. I just don't see how they'd do it even if i absolutely think people are greedy and cruel enough..
I saw 2 at an Asian fish store, that just got a shipment in from China. Owner told me, most bat rays are low quality rays, that are then sliced up to sell as bat rays. He told me very few are the true misshapen bat rays, and most are sliced up low-quality rays, that are loaded up with meds to try and make the fins heal, and survive until sale. He said he didn/t actually buy the bat rays anymore, after getting one shipment, where he said they were still bleeding from the wounds on the fin. The ones he had in store were a special order, he was just acting as the transhipper.

I saw 2 at an Asian fish store, that just got a shipment in from China. Owner told me, most bat rays are low quality rays, that are then sliced up to sell as bat rays. He told me very few are the true misshapen bat rays, and most are sliced up low-quality rays, that are loaded up with meds to try and make the fins heal, and survive until sale. He said he didn/t actually buy the bat rays anymore, after getting one shipment, where he said they were still bleeding from the wounds on the fin. The ones he had in store were a special order, he was just acting as the transhipper.

I'm sorry sherbro but you have been misinformed.. i'm absolutely sure there are man made batmans.. that won't live long..

However this is in no way the norm.. i got the hyperbolic number 99% from reputable breeders..

The batman morph is because the disc won't fuse in the embryonic stages of development.. a part of mating is the male biting the disc of the female.. the disc has very good regenerative capabilities.. pups are very sensitive and won't even eat for a while as they live of the yolk sack..

To open a wound like that and keep it open until healed in that position is just not happening.. there would also be scar tissue.. i could find some pictures of stingrays with scar tissue.. probably even from my tank..

I'm not saying your contact didn't see some really shady shit but those batmans you see alive and well are kind of cleft lipped stingrays..

Stingrays are pricy as it is.. even if you could get 1 out of 10 surgically made batmans to survive it's still less work and more money to sell the other nine as the recovering rays would need meds, care to keep the wounds open and healing, space and extra food..

The albino pearls/snow lepards/boesemani hybrids etc are even more expensive than batmans with a bigger market so it's not like the batmans are some holy grail..

I had to look into it yesterday because of your post.. almost had me worried there for a while.. i should know this if it was the case haha..

Back