Game of Thrones discussion v25 Team White Walkers edition (NO BOOK TALK. No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cersei Lannister raised Joffrey Baratheon.

She also raised Tommen and Myrcella.

And of course she raised them because Robert was probably the shittiest parent in the whole series.

Last edited:
Possibly a big spoiler but the Previously on GoT clip shows

Benjen stark a couple times, no clue how the hell he is going to show up, crazy theory time

She also raised Tommen and Myrcella.

And of course she raised them because Robert was probably the shittiest parent in the whole series.

I would assume that Tommen and Mycella, and for that matter Joffrey were raised by nannies but Cersei probably was more involved with Joffrey. Mothers are usually more involved with their first child. Though Joffrey was actually her second.

I would assume that Tommen and Mycella, and for that matter Joffrey were raised by nannies but Cersei probably was more involved with Joffrey. Mothers are usually more involved with their first child. Though Joffrey was actually her second.

Joffrey was wicked from an early age.

And while Cersei certainly spoiled him, she was not to blame for his wickedness.

Robert also had a lot to do with Joffrey going that bad, trying to live up to his dad was one of Joffrey's worst frustrations.

How was Joff her second?

She had a child that died at birth that she says looked just like Robert.

It starts at 1:45 in this clip.

[YT]iN6HGoeKWrA[/YT]

Its more likely she was lying her ass off during that one.

Joffrey was wicked from an early age.

And while Cersei certainly spoiled him, she was not to blame for his wickedness.

Robert also had a lot to do with Joffrey going that bad, trying to live up to his dad was one of Joffrey's worst frustrations.

Yes, when your dad is a Kingslayer, it must be tough to live up to. Cersei is responsible for his genetics and his upbringing. His wickedness is pretty much her fault.

She also mentions it in this clip with Robert at 5:30.

[YT]QV6cefIbwMg[/YT]

I consider Mark Addy's Robert Baratheon the best acting in the show.

Yes, when your dad is a Kingslayer, it must be tough to live up to. Cersei is responsible for his genetics and his upbringing. His wickedness is pretty much her fault.

Joffrey believed Robert was his father

And yeah Robert was a fucking baddass warrior.

Rhaegar_versus_Robert_by_Tomasz_Jedruzek%C2%A9.jpg

And lest ye forget Oberyn's story about cersei being all excited to show him her freak monster brother and getting butthurt when Oberyn just sees a little baby boy.

This.

Nope, but i read the books where you see a glimpse into the minds of the characters and you hear more about their backstories.

I like your judo, but fuck your books!

In the show, which is what this thread is about, there is no glimpse into the minds of the characters.

In the show, we only have their actions to go on.

In the show, she's a rude, entitled, evil bitch.

No more post count limits for GoT threads. We'll go by episode. I think this was Lethal's idea

This is awsum. I wish we did this back in the day, would love to reread the Red Wedding thread.

Can't fucken wait for tomorrow

She had a child that died at birth that she says looked just like Robert.

It starts at 1:45 in this clip.

[YT]iN6HGoeKWrA[/YT]

Oh cool. Thanks dude I didn't remember that

Fat King was the shit

Ned was always my favorite, but Robert was a great character, masterfully played.

No more post count limits for GoT threads. We'll go by episode. I think this was Lethal's idea

This is awsum. I wish we did this back in the day, would love to reread the Red Wedding thread.

Can't fucken wait for tomorrow

Same. The last two episodes have been a tease for the finale, and the last two episodes were amazing. My body is ready.

No. I've noticed that while they can torture, massacre, mutilate anyone they want, the one thing the writers CANNOT allow is allowing a mother or otherwise female character who lacks maternal qualities.

Cersei - loved baby baratheon even though she hated the fuck out of robert.

selise - dead fetus jars, flipped when shireen got burnt

stark lady - gives a monologue over how jon had the pox as an infant and she watched over him and how seeing him suffer made her pray to the 7 for him to live.

ygritte - massacres the fuck out of old town but when she sees gilly + baby she tells em to shush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back