Game of Thrones discussion v25 Team White Walkers edition (NO BOOK TALK. No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more post count limits for GoT threads. We'll go by episode. I think this was Lethal's idea

This is awsum. I wish we did this back in the day, would love to reread the Red Wedding thread.

Can't fucken wait for tomorrow

ralphc1 came up with the idea. I agree, one per episode sounds awesome.

I hope that there aren't any leaks tomorrow.

I feel like show Robert acted the part very well. His size should've been a little more. It looks like in the show he was very average and got fat. I know book talk is a nono. But reading the books I got the impression he was a beast of a man who then got fat with the crown. I think he was supposed to be well over 6 feet. So he just wasn't as imposing as I thought he should've been. He should've been eye to eye with the hound.

The "Previously on GoT..." leaked earlier today and has a couple of spoilers.

ralphc1 came up with the idea. I agree, one per episode sounds awesome.

It's how we do football games on another site. It seems we always have to start another GOT thread just as the discussion gets rolling.

So will this thread die today and an new one rise in its place tomorrow?
Too bad the Iron Islands aren't really relevant, or What is dead shall never die would be a great inaugural thread for this policy.

So, when does it get created ? Day of ep ? Just before ep ?

Just before the episode. That way each thread can cover the episode along with the post episode reactions/discussion.

It's how we do football games on another site. It seems we always have to start another GOT thread just as the discussion gets rolling.

Usually we close threads after 1,000 because it's less taxing on the servers but the GOT threads seem to be the most active threads on here outside of the pbp threads, so imo this is definitely one of the few non sporting threads that deserve an exception.

So will this thread die today and an new one rise in its place tomorrow?
Too bad the Iron Islands aren't really relevant, or What is dead shall never die would be a great inaugural thread for this policy.

Next year. The Iron Islands will get their revenge.

What? Cersei has been punished since day one, thats why she is such a bitch.

She was promised to be married to Rhaegar by Tywin and she gets shafted, then she gets to marry drunk frat boy Robert Baratheon that cheats on her every single day and fucks her while wasted and calling Lyanna's name while doing so. Her eldest and favorite son just died and she has that prophecy hanging over her head since she was a child.

She is a bitch, but lets not make it as if her life was perfect.

Some people are naturally bad.

Cersei is one of these people.

Some people are naturally bad.

Cersei is one of these people.

Nope, Lannisters are all interesting characters with pretty complex stories, you guys were hating on Jamie and now ride his dick.

They all had a difficult father, a difficult upbringing and were all players in pretty important politics.

I feel like show Robert acted the part very well. His size should've been a little more. It looks like in the show he was very average and got fat. I know book talk is a nono. But reading the books I got the impression he was a beast of a man who then got fat with the crown. I think he was supposed to be well over 6 feet. So he just wasn't as imposing as I thought he should've been. He should've been eye to eye with the hound.

That was my problem with Robert as well. Mark Addy doesn't look like a former physical beast of a man who got fat, he just looks like a fat guy. I think he should've looked like a fat guy, although fat, who can still wreck shit if he wanted to.

Nope, Lannisters are all interesting characters with pretty complex stories, you guys were hating on Jamie and now ride his dick.

They all had a difficult father, a difficult upbringing and were all players in pretty important politics.

not to ride jamie's dick too much, but he got what's coming to him already, lost that hand, and that was redemption for a lot of folks. I'm sure he'll turn heel again.

So amped for tonight's episode, feel like a lot of shit is gonna go down.

I normally don't post WatchMojo videos but this one seemed pretty apropos especially considering it's Finale day!

Also they warn for spoilers but anywho. SPOILERS! Also I should clarify they are not book spoilers and there are none from season 5 so if you've seen up to Season 4 you're good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back