Road House is being remade.... with Ronda Rousey as the main character

I still remember enjoying Road House in the theater. So much fun. A better service to cinema would be remaking Steel Dawn. That's a movie with plenty of room to improve upon. Road House, not so much.

Will not watch.

Bars don't even have male bouncers her size. Maybe it will be a lesbian roadhouse.

They will probably hype the crap outta it, but I don't think this movie will do very well.

Get ready for modest earnings, imo

Hollywood trying to erase Patrick Swayze from history. First Red Dawn now Road House.

Good let her remake this and it means she won't be available to film a Ms. Marvel movie.

Captain Marvel isn't coming out for over 3 year which means they probably wont start shooting for 2. Plenty of time.

The movie no one wanted.

One step closer to Captain Marvel lite

GIF-angry-fuming-mad-rage-really-GIF.gif

damn, i saw a thread in the heavies but didn't bother to click but i thought to myself it would be dope if she played one of these roles:

roadhousestill17.jpg

kelly-lynch1-250x187.gif

Road-House-Kathleen-Wilhoite.png

i didn't know she was playing dalton.

Road House is getting remade and Ronda's going to be the new Dalton. Who's going to see this movie?

Source listed below:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ronda-Rousey-to-Star-in-Road-House-Hollywood-Remake-92015

Some movies don't need to be remade and this is definitely one of them. Who will be the older cooler, Cameron Diaz?

Maybe Anne Hathaway can gain 40-50 lbs of muscle and take this role!

Oh please God, for the love of God, NOOOOOO!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Fuck.

[YT]H07zYvkNYL8[/YT]

If they want the movie to not be dated, then she better get slapped with 12 lawsuits after her first bounce.

why cant hollywood create strong woman through original scripts?

Why do they need to take roles originally created for men and just insert a female in and think they are doing this big thing....Why do they need to piggy back off of it?

Yeah they should make this Roadhouse into Yoga House with Ronda beating up bags of dried dog food who put their mats where they shouldn't.

I know Ronda is HUGE at the moment, but does anyone know if she can actually act?

I know it doesn't *really* matter in the grand scheme of things, but it would be awful to watch if she really was a horrible actress.

And people shouldn't moan about the film being made with a female playing the role, seeing as people thought it was perfectly logical to have a black James Bond!

Is race not a smaller change than sex?

No not really, but with an established character like Bond it's a change on the same sort of level I think.
Like having an Asian Superman, makes no sense.

It's only 'Road House' anyway, it's not like it's a franchise where the main character is being changed, I don't think it's that big a deal.

I still remember enjoying Road House in the theater. So much fun. A better service to cinema would be remaking Steel Dawn. That's a movie with plenty of room to improve upon. Road House, not so much.
Agreed. Remake the shitty movies and leave our cult classics alone, dammit.

If they want the movie to not be dated, then she better get slapped with 12 lawsuits after her first bounce.
Also, pretty sure the days when small town liquor distribution ty****s could order a monster truck to be driven through a car dealership's showroom without any legal consequences, are, sadly, over.

Back