Road House is being remade.... with Ronda Rousey as the main character

If they want the movie to not be dated, then she better get slapped with 12 lawsuits after her first bounce.

Yeah, the days when bouncers could get away with making someone fall down the steps a few times are long gone.

who cares, everyone who's anyone that knows the movie knows the money character is Wade Garrett. As long as she isn't playing "the best" I don't give a shit. Just put Sam Elliott back in there to remind everyone not to eat the big mint.

The only way I would watch a Roadhouse remake with Ronda in it, would be if she were the one taking it doggy in the scene where Swayze fires the bouncer for fucking on the job.

Oh please God, for the love of God, NOOOOOO!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Fuck.

[YT]H07zYvkNYL8[/YT]

This =/ is nothing sacred

Why not just make a new movie where she is Dalton's protege or something? Road House is very much a product of its time. To not feel dated, the story will have to change. So just make a new movie.

Only interested if Conor plays the main villain. That said the whole "I don't whether to fight you or fuck you" line would have women's groups panties on a bunch.

It sounds like a great line when if you say it with Conor's accent.

Why not just make a new movie where she is Dalton's protege or something? Road House is very much a product of its time. To not feel dated, the story will have to change. So just make a new movie.

They'll probably update it by moving the action from roadside bars to inner-city nightclubs.

Half the movie will probably take place during a rave.

She's a hellavu fighter, but she's not pretty enough to get a pass for being a bad actor.

Exactly, but Hollywood doesn't get this.

Only interested if Conor plays the main villain. That said the whole "I don't whether to fight you or fuck you" line would have women's groups panties on a bunch.

Not if the villain is also a woman.

There use to be a time when you can turn on TBS at any given time and see Roadhouse. Those were better days.

Maybe she can be the daughter of Sam Elliot's character. I also nominate Luke Rockhold for the crappy bouncer who's banging a chick on his break.

There use to be a time when you can turn on TBS at any given time and see Roadhouse. Those were better days.

Yeah. That and "The Warriors". Fortunately both are on Netflix.

TNT used to play the shit out of Shawshank Redemption. I mean, every other friggin day that movie was on.

Yeah, I don't get the point in claiming reboot or remake for everything. Just make a new film in the same series. Patrick Swayze and Jeff Healey are both sadly dead, but Sam Elliott's still going strong. Get him involved, et voila, new Road House movie. Hell, I doubt anyone would complain if they used the same story.

Maybe she can be the daughter of Sam Elliot's character. I also nominate Luke Rockhold for the crappy bouncer who's banging a chick on his break.

It was the cornerstone of TNT(or TBS' I don't remember) "Movies for guys who like movies" nights.

Back