RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2015: Day 2 PBP (Discussion) 1am EST

You've got to consider the competition. Of course he's going to look like a world-beater against a guy like Singh. If he didn't then that would've just been downright worrisome. But yeah, competition matters. This guy was there to make Fedor look good and you know that.

This is where you don't understand this sport. The underlying mechanics of a fighter at a given event, do not change. The result can change, if the other fighter has better mechanics, but the actual mechanics do not change. They only change over time and Fedor had the same or better mechanics tonight, than when he was in Pride.

This is literally the least original comeback in the book, fella. The easiest, too.
I don't think so, kid. You are making things up out of anger and frustration with those hyperbolic statements.. Maybe even a little bit of that insecurity is eating you up inside as well considering I called you out

Honestly liked the first card better than the 2nd. I was curious to see what the "innovations for the new JMMA" were, but I honestly didn't see anything other than a lot of flower giving and bringing in the shootboxer founder to ref that fucking terrible Sapp-Akebono fight.

f2645f481f.png

All dem thread views. Seems like Rizin was quite the hit.

damn russian streams.The second one had some dudes on skis

This is where you don't understand this sport. The underlying mechanics of a fighter at a given event, do not change. The result can change, if the other fighter has better mechanics, but the actual mechanics do not change. They only change over time and Fedor had the same or better mechanics tonight, than when he was in Pride.
Sure, I don't understand the sport because I'm not drooling over a meaningless win. This is the most ultimate of nuthugging.

Great night of fights on many levels, from absurd hilarity to skilled MMA. Well worth the $0.00 cost (except for the Sapp/Akebono...we should be paid for watching that).

I hope Rizin continues to do great.

Thanks for all the laughs from this epic thread.

Good night to all and Happy New Year!

so jiri was so confident that he chose to follow Mo head first, hands down ? yeah right.

He was toast, his first fight was a killer. Props to him for still coming out for the finals to give the fans a show.

A rematch when they're both fresh would be a great fight. Mo would control most of the fight but I think Jiri would catch him sooner or later or at least hurt Mo a couple of times

I don't think so, kid. You are making things up out of anger and frustration with those hyperbolic statements.. Maybe even a little bit of that insecurity is eating you up inside as well considering I called you out
You never called me out. Other way around, if anything.

You missed a great KO in a relevant fight, btw.

Can you stop already? The UFC's HW division isnt much better. Its filled with a bunch of old guys too.
The UFC HW division isn't much better than Jaideep Singh?

Let's stop this craziness people.

It is easy to look good when you're the HW goat fighting a guy with a 2-0 record who has absolutely no ground game whatsoever, I understand that

Well, we have to wait a bit to see if he actually gets paid.
true it's happened before i think it'll all work out for him. that was a nice ko. 19-4 now 13 kos. i wanna see him face winner of phil davis/liam mcgreary

Now we just gotta wait for Robbie/Condit in 2 1/2 days!!!

Happy new year Sherdoggies!

It was a pleasure watching the fights with you guys. Wish you all the best in the new year. Take care.
All the best mate. Hope this becomes a regular thing and Japanese MMA has it's rebirth.

Back