RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2015: Day 2 PBP (Discussion) 1am EST

Please read my other post.
I did, and I still don't agree. It was a great comeback after such a long time off. But Jaideep is a K-1 star and this fight was essentially over the minute Fedor got him to the ground. Jaideep has pretty much no MMA/grappling experience at all and it was just an incredibly weird match-up to make. I'm all for tune-up fights but there's a reason this was considered a Special Match. And that's not because Singh has any MMA background.

There's no way you saw that shit live because you had to be on the ball with your stream game. You were too busy arguing with folks about a guy you think is irrelevant.
I saw the KO gif a few posts back lol relax man

Sure, I don't understand the sport because I'm not drooling over a meaningless win. This is the most ultimate of nuthugging.

Don't ignore the facts of my post and try to change the subject. I never was even talking about the win, I was talking about his mechanics. Jaideep was a threat, I mean he took out Kharitonov and was 2 & 0, but he was not some world beater threat and the fight showed that, but Fedor's mechanicals and ability have nothing to do with who he fought.

I saw the KO gif a few posts back lol relax man
I'm relaxed just wide awake at a silly hour and no chance of sleep at this point. And slightly drunk. Or else this conversation would never have happened.

full fights for those who couldn't get the jap stream to work

[YT]wAGYmm4gNKM[/YT]

wont embed for some reason

edit, already posted

it looks like either he was tired, or he was dazed from getting hit. all i did was post a gif. what are you trying to say?
Watching the whole fight, I think it was a little of both. He didn't have a full gas tank to start the fight (to be fair Mo didn't either), and ate some heavy ground and pound. Also, it's generally a bad idea to walk forward face first with your hands down.

Happy New Year everyone

This was great fun watching and discussing the event

giphy.gif

I'm relaxed just wide awake at a silly hour and no chance of sleep at this point. And slightly drunk. Or else this conversation would never have happened.
You have a great sense of humor. It was a fun thread all night, just like the first one.

I did, and I still don't agree. It was a great comeback after such a long time off. But Jaideep is a K-1 star and this fight was essentially over the minute Fedor got him to the ground. Jaideep has pretty much no MMA/grappling experience at all and it was just an incredibly weird match-up to make. I'm all for tune-up fights but there's a reason this was considered a Special Match. And that's not because Singh has any MMA background.

I was not talking about Jaideep, I wasn't talking about the win. I was talking about Fedor's positioning, the way he moved and thought when he was fighting. Basic fight mechanics. They have looked poor in the past fights for him. Tonight he looked much better. Not because he won, but because someone that trains can see the underlying mechincal change and see that he looks pretty good.

Jiri was too reckless, walking towards Mo face first with his hands down. Mo saw it clearly and boom, good night. Congrats to him, first RIZIN GP Champion.

singh is a much more decorated striker than most of the UFC heavyweights.

Watching the whole fight, I think it was a little of both. He didn't have a full gas tank to start the fight (to be fair Mo didn't either), and ate some heavy ground and pound. Also, it's generally a bad idea to walk forward face first with your hands down.

To be fair, he kind of fought like that in his first two fights, charging forward, agressive but defensively negligent. On Tuesday people were asking why a major org hadn't signed him. Maybe this is why. Still think he would be a fun addition to anyone's LHW division though, especially with a bit more seasoning.

Back