Conor McGregor’s Popularity Proof That Racism Still Exists - Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I would say some of the leftover racist/nationalistic crap from Chael is part of the issue in his fued with Aldo even if McGregor himself doesn't stoke it much.

Really though I think the UFC around TUF definitely benefited from having mostly white guys at the top, today I think that's less of an issue.

I would agree with your second paragraph. Was definitely a redneck, metal head type of vibe in the Chuck, Hughes, Randy tuf 1 days.

Like you stated mmas fanbases has evolved and there are far less redneck fans or racists

I see racism in fans all the time, some benign, like supporting a white guy because you identify with him, like black people did with Ali, but some is what Patrice O'neal described as covert racism.

Like a bunch of white guys watch Amir Khan and cheer when "the paki" is knocked out or all agree they can't wait for that "black cunt" Anderson to lose or that "cocky fucking monkey" jones to be dethroned, or claim white fighters won despite it being silly to claim so in a one sided fight etc.

The problem is unless you were there you can never know the difference. So many fans claim not to be racists, yet if you watch a fight or a football match with them you see the racism coming out.

But how do you prove it is racism? Covert racism is harder to prove than the existence of Allah.

The funniest is when overtly racist people face the conundrum of being torn between supporting a british black fighter or a foreign fighter. I have seen ardent racists support David Haye against foreigners and then watch football and scream racial epithets about black players.

While I get why it's called "covert racism" it hardly seems covert from the way you descibe it

Maybe cuz floyd has the most boring style in all of combat sports

Floyd is the last person that should be complaining about racism. Not only is he more successful than most people could ever hope to be but he has behaved in racist ways himself. Racism may be real, but its not nearly the problem that it once was, and I don't think it's been any kind of hindrance for Floyd Mayweather. We don't have segregated lunch counters or hospitals anymore, most people need to get over it. Stop blaming other people for your own shortcomings, sometimes you're just a jackass and people are responding to that.

Cops killing minorities is at a high. Especially blacks. I would rethink your comments.

Mayweather is a 100% right.

Cocky Fighters who are black, are hated....Cocky Fighters who are white, are loved.

Em I saying people who hate cocky black fighters, hate black people?No, but they just can't stand cocky black fighters, maybe they seen too much tv or have bad experiences with cocky black people, perhaps is jealousy of the white culture in America who doesn't like seeing a black person succeed then brag about it?

All I know is that there is a bias against cocky black fighters....So you can hate the mayweathers and jon jones of the world but you will love Cormier.

When White Fighters are cocky, people find them hilarious and excuse it as trolling. When a black person does it, you people get super trolled but can't admit it's trolling.

One of the benefits of White Privilege in America.

BTW For all the people saying Mayweather is hated because of domestic abuse....Just STFU, mayweather trolled and flashed his hard earned money way before that, he was trolling hard...and thats why people hated him, hell after his domestic abuse, he tune down on the trolling and people seemed to like em more.

Conor taking photos with his cars is text book floyd...Conor is copying floyd.

jones was never hated for being cocky.

He's right, Floyd is one of the most racist people in sports.

My experience exemplifies this more than anything. I grew up in Toronto which has the distinction of being the most multicultural city in the entire world. Apart of a culture which prides itself on tolerance and acceptance of all people. I'm often the minority at work, school, and when I commute that I actually feel odd and uncomfortable when I'm surrounded only by White people.

Toronto is a very multicultural city, I agree with you on that point.

However, I've lived, worked, and gone to school in the downtown area and GTA my whole life, and often, as a white male, I've found myself as a minority. But not once have I ever found myself to be "uncomfortable", because I have confidence in myself to be able to walk around a large city and not be afraid of the people regardless of their ethnic origin. Perhaps you'd be better served to shit-can the excuses, be a man, and do the same.

The reason why you feel "odd and uncomfortable" is because of your own racial prejudice, bias, and insecurity. If someone looks at you sideways, perhaps you assume because it's you're brown. If you're paranoid that everyone's looking at you, it's probably because you're some sort of a fucking weirdo, and has nothing to do with your skin tone.

Lose the victim complex dude.

Last edited:
So Floyd has not seen Conor McGregor fight, doesn't know who McGregor is, only knows his name in passing from "one of runners," and decided the only reason people like his is racism.

The lady doth protestest too much, methinks.

Last edited:
No, but Floyds example is an extremely flawed one.
Well yeah, Floyd's a clown. I was just curious why he's acting like he discovered the moon by saying he has proof that racism exists even if his example is stupid.

The truth is a great white fighter is more marketable than any other type of fighter because the USA is mostly white. People like seeing people they can relate to.
But a large majority of the most popular athletes are black.

Almost everyone loved Anderson Silva, he's black (technically), so is almost everyone black? if Floyd could read, this would just fry his brain. Lucky him.

Mayweather is a 100% right.

Cocky Fighters who are black, are hated....Cocky Fighters who are white, are loved.

And here we have here folks a guy who has never heard of Rampage Jackson. One of the most popular fighters of all time in the sport of MMA who has been one of the most racist pie holes to ever open his mouth. Yet he is loved by white fans everywhere.

Oh, and there is this other guy named Kimbo Slice. You remember him or did you just start watching the sport yesterday? It sure seems like it.

Oh now that Anthony Johnson guy. Yeah he has no fans right?? He is just one of the most exciting fighters ever and has been in trouble multiple times in the UFC.

Guillard? No fans ever supported that guy did they? Lol!

Its always fun to laugh at a racist black guy who calls everyone else the racist. Please go watch some UFC tapes at some point and learn the history of the sport.

And here we have here folks a guy who has never heard of Rampage Jackson. One of the most popular fighters of all time in the sport of MMA who has been one of the most racist pie holes to ever open his mouth. Yet he is loved by white fans everywhere.

Oh, and there is this other guy named Kimbo Slice. You remember him or did you just start watching the sport yesterday? It sure seems like it.

Oh now that Anthony Johnson guy. Yeah he has no fans right?? He is just one of the most exciting fighters ever and has been in trouble multiple times in the UFC.

Guillard? No fans ever supported that guy did they? Lol!

Its always fun to laugh at a racist black guy who calls everyone else the racist. Please go watch some UFC tapes at some point and learn the history of the sport.

WTF are you talking about?

Rampage isn't cocky....I remember the dude pretty much saying he lost a fight in Pride, raising up rua's hand....Not only that but he only shit talks other black fighters ,Jon Jones/Rashad Evans/Mo Lawal, all of which were hated by the majority of MMA fanbase which is white.

Not only that but the other reason he is liked, it's because he represented PRIDE in the UFC....and when Chuck lidell lost in the UFC, lots of fans weren't happy except the hardcore PRIDE fans.

So if anything you people liking rampage kind of proves my points.

Kimbo Slice? LMFAO, lots of people didn't like kimbo slice, it got people to watch MMA tho.

Rumble Johnson isn't cocky either as of late.....Again he doesn't have a huge fanbase either.

I never said black MMA fighters, don't have fans...I clearly said cocky black MMA fighters are hated more than White cocky MMA fighters.

BTW Im neither black or a racist....your racial assumptions are failing once again.

Last edited:
Back