Any serious gamers that make $ here?

If only they had this shit back when NHL 96 was out. I'm pretty sure I was the best player on Earth at one time.
Yes, stuff like this. I was awesome in NCAA 06 and I think I had a glitch run. I'd play CPU, ppl and same play over and over. I would win by 50 or 60.

I believe the well known Madden players get paid for and by twitch is what I've heard.

Well yes, everyone can, but I know someone who had (what I would have considered) quite a few followers and he got very very little. I imagine you would have to have tens of thousands of viewers minimum to make actual money.

Well yes, everyone can, but I know someone who had (what I would have considered) quite a few followers and he got very very little. I imagine you would have to have tens of thousands of viewers minimum to make actual money.
Yea agree. I think the guys have hundreds of thousands in my genre.

Does anyone think that when old people (senior citizens) see things like professional video gamers they secretly wish the Cuban middle crisis had a different outcome.

Does anyone think that when old people (senior citizens) see things like professional video gamers they secretly wish the Cuban middle crisis had a different outcome.
They probably are just plotting on how to spend all the money they have accumulated in their lives from raping the planet of all its natural resources while THEY were young.

They probably are just plotting on how to spend all the money they have accumulated in their lives from raping the planet of all its natural resources while THEY were young.

Lol.

Old people and their generation must be shaking their heads when they see things like professional video gamers.

It's just that having fun seems like it's a more modern thing.

Actually aziz ansari has a great episode on his Netflix series Master of None they covers this topic in a very funny fashion.

I sold my first Wow character for $700. Balling!

Most I've ever made was $1400 from selling my Diablo 3 character's items (hardcore) when they had the real money auction house.

One of my friends used to play every new MMO, he would set up bots to gold farm and run 10-40 accounts. Sell all the gold to gold sellers, once a new game came out or that game's profits slowed he would move to the next one. He was making around $5000 a month for awhile.

I'd love to play DOTA professionally:

http://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments

346X9dx.png

I finished 2nd in a Mortal Kombat II tournament and won a Mortal Kombat hat and jacket. I also charged $5 for writing down moves/codes for Mortal Kombat II in middle school.

Lol I knew a few guys that did that at my high school. They would sell babalities, friendships, and fatalities. I don't think they made much money

Lol I knew a few guys that did that at my high school. They would sell babalities, friendships, and fatalities. I don't think they made much money

Haha I did the same shit, I'd just goto the local magazine store tear open the latest video game magazine and then sell whatever codes I could write down for a couple bucks each.

The local arcade in my area was having a Street Fighter 2 tournament, there were alot of people at the time like 40-60 heads. It was free tournament so alot of people joined eventhough they had no idea how to play. 95% of the people there were clueless or played flowchart Hadoken bros. There were a couple of dudes that were actually pretty good, one was a Dhalsim player and the other a Zangief player both of them made it really far but both of them had to quit because of their parents. Those guys I think could have beaten me if they had stayed. After they left and alternates came in, I faced an endless line of Ken/Ryu's who I beat fairly easily with Blanka because they all had the same game plan. I ending up being crowned the winner of the tournament. I won a t shirt, a $100 gift certificate to some local electronics store and entry into the next tournament which was to be held at the world famous Golfland in Sunnyvale. I begged my mom to take me which was like 2 hours away. After days of nagging she agreed and off we went. I got Golfland saw a huge group of people maybe about the same size as the last tournament except everyone was very good and a wide variety of characters. They had a few SF2 machines for people to practice on then as the tournament was about to they wheeled out this arcade cabinet that was all covered up with a blanket. They unveiled Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition which hadn't even come out yet in most American arcades, it blew everyone's minds. Long story short, I had a pretty close mirror match against another Blanka player but in the end got dusted in the first round of the tournament. My mom was so furious, almost five hours of driving for 4 minutes of playing and nothing to show for it.

Always been curious, but never really put any serious time or effort into being good enough at a game to be competitive. Maybe I'll give it a try with the new SF game coming out soon.

Most I've ever made was $1400 from selling my Diablo 3 character's items (hardcore) when they had the real money auction house.

One of my friends used to play every new MMO, he would set up bots to gold farm and run 10-40 accounts. Sell all the gold to gold sellers, once a new game came out or that game's profits slowed he would move to the next one. He was making around $5000 a month for awhile.

We must be from the same ERA of MMOs.

I made a whooping $650 after 3 months of playing Muonline.
I made a whooping $300 after 2 years of playing Neopets, I still drop by every now and then and if I sell my accounts now, it would be around 1.5k but I played for 15 years. LOL

I gathered from all these information that playing MMOs is worthwhile. I had fun and make some SERIOUS pocket money.

EDIT:
In all seriousness, I probably earn around the same in a single swing trade nowadays. Or lose. lol.

A friend of mine is a professional MTG player. I loaned him a Daybreak Coronet for the deck he used to win GP Atlanta.

He used to come to my place when I used to have folks over for games, he's insanely good at any game, the first time he played Agricola he scored higher than I ever have.

i6bdi8.jpg

anybody that good at games that doesnt play poker is wasting their time. i knew several "magic the gathering" pros that turned to poker and never looked back.

anybody that good at games that doesnt play poker is wasting their time. i knew several "magic the gathering" pros that turned to poker and never looked back.

He loves MTG, flies all over the world for tournaments... And he also plays poker.

I made somewhere more than ten grand playing Asheron's call back in the day. I wasn't in it for the money but every once in a while I'd stumble across something worth too much money to keep. There was a suit of quest armor that was insanely good so I spent a month repeating that quest. It was a tough quest but I had a pretty powerful character. Next month they nerfed the quest and the value of the armor rocketed to $1500 a suit, so I sold five suits of Greater Shadow Amuli Armor.

Back