Prince dead

He made hits like it was easy. He wrote this one for Apollonia 6, but gave it to the Bangles instead because he had a crush on Susanna Hoffs. LOL

song sounds damn near just like 1999

2DifyyH.jpg

This is long, but if you like Kevin Smith, his Prince story is just about the funniest thing he ever did.

50 fully produced music videos for songs no one in the World has heard in the vault (and that was like a decade ago). And people thought Tupac put lots of stuff out after he died. 3D Prince coming soon.

So many great lines:
Chaka mad, Chaka REAL mad.

Well if the bra fits.

Now we want your women, so we're gonna go take your women.

Prince has been livin' in Prince World for quite some time now[...]It's 3 in morning in Minnesota, I really need a camel.

I wonder how many mens girlfriends Prince slayed in his lifetime. Over/under 500?

I tend to read this site more than post, but the thread has inspired me to share some memories.

Back in 2011 I was 17 years old and a big fan of Prince. He was the transition from lighter, safer pop like MJ into more adult material. Seeing how wild he was in the 80s, it made a lot of the stuff my high school peers were listening to seem tame and damn near prudish. I was playing shit like Head and Do It All Night to chicks when I started dating, and the girls who couldn't deal weren't worth the time.

To the shock of my local county, Prince announced a show at the Greensboro Coliseum. It seemed unreal that a guitar God would play some plain place in North Carolina, and thus ticket demand was hot. The night before the concert my Grandad surprised me and my older bro with a pair of tickets, and even better, we had just nabbed some ganja for the weekend.

So we decided to make a phat blunt and get super stoned just before walking into the concert.

I've never seen a more concentrated amount of euphoria and insanity than in that coliseum. Prince starts crawling on his piano and the women go nuts. During Let's Go Crazy my ass started getting heart palpitations, the excitement was that extreme and I was high as hell.

Everybody there were legit fans too, they knew the words of even his obscure tunes verbatim. He ended up playing an extended 20 minute version of Purple Rain, and I gotta say, the guitar solo on the outro seemed to warp time. Never seen a human manipulate a musical instrument like that before. It was better than the record, and put the super bowl version to shame.

There was not one, but two encores. At the nights end even Prince was like "Y'all know how to party out here in Greensboro! We're playing here again!"

Sadly that won't be the case. As a younger guy I'm just happy I had the chance to see a 20th century titan in the flesh and live. Greatest concert of my life, and easily highest I've ever been. And I shared it with my brother at that.

RIP

Last edited:
I tend to read this site more than post, but the thread has inspired me to share some memories.

Back in 2011 I was 17 years old and a big fan of Prince. He was the transition from lighter, safer pop like MJ into more adult material. Seeing how wild he was in the 80s, it made a lot of the stuff my high school peers were listening to seem tame and damn near prudish. I was playing shit like Head and Do It All Night to chicks when I started dating, and the girls who couldn't deal weren't worth the time.

To the shock of my local county, Prince announced a show at the Greensboro Coliseum. It seemed unreal that a guitar God would play some plain place in North Carolina, and thus ticket demand was hot. The night before the concert my Grandad surprised me and my older bro with a pair of tickets, and even better, we had just nabbed some ganja for the weekend.

So we decided to make a phat blunt and get super stoned just before walking into the concert.

I've never seen a more concentrated amount of euphoria and insanity than in that coliseum. Prince starts crawling on his piano and the women go nuts. During Let's Go Crazy my ass started getting heart palpitations, the excitement was that extreme and I was high as hell.

Everybody there were legit fans too, they knew the words of even his obscure tunes verbatim. He ended up playing an extended 20 minute version of Purple Rain, and I gotta say, the guitar solo on the outro seemed to warp time. Never seen a human manipulate a musical instrument like that before. It was better than the record, and put the super bowl version to shame.

There was not one, but two encores. At the nights end even Prince was like "Y'all know how to party out here in Greensboro! We're playing here again!"

Sadly that won't be the case. As a younger guy I'm just happy I had the chance to see a 20th century titan in the flesh and live. Greatest concert of my life, and easily highest I've even been. And I shared it with my brother at that.

RIP

Awesome.

I know how you feel exactly. The first time I saw Prince live I wasn't prepared for the firestorm that came...I was high as fuck as well. Being a life long musician myself (drummer) you'd think I'd have my eyes locked on the drummer...not even close. I couldn't take my eyes off of Prince, it's like it was an impossibility. The singing, the dancing, the guitar playing...damn, the motherfucking guitar playing. That night Prince become my musical hero (I hate that word but it's fitting). He was brave, fearless, funky, funny, witty and a million other words. I still haven't accepted this yet...the last musicians deaths that effected me this much were Stevie Ray Vaughn's and Miles Davis. I'm so glad that a young guy like yourself (I'm 42) got to see the man in his true element.

I don't know if this has been posted yet.

never cared for his music but feel sad the religious freaks & brainwashing stopped him from taking his medicines.

I always thought it was cool that despite his fame, he still lived in Minnesota.

having read Clapton's autobiography I have no doubt he said this sarcastically while rolling his eyes. Ok. Maybe not but damn, that book made me hate Clapton as a person.
Yeah I could see that since Jimi Hendrix upstaged him at woodstock. Also Clapton is not likable because he was the whole catalyst for the whole rock against racism. Like how in the 70s he said some nasty things aboutt immigrants coming to england when he was onstage

He made hits like it was easy. He wrote this one for Apollonia 6, but gave it to the Bangles instead because he had a crush on Susanna Hoffs. LOL

In the late 80's everyone had a crush on Susanna Hoffs.

Back