OFFICIAL (Sanctioned) GGG/Jacobs PBP Thread

Thank you for this explanation. However it would be a very simple then for fighters to fight at their natural weight (at risk of dying). That would lead to the best competition, which is obviously what sport including boxing is all about.
You keep saying "natural weight..." only heavy weights do that. Cutting weight is part of the sport.

No doubt. He made a lot of detractors who questioned his beard and skills, myself included, eat crow.
Great gameplan and inspired performance.
Personally i thought Jacobs lost the fight inside the first third as i had Golovkin sweeping rounds 1-4.

Like others have said though -- best wishes to Danny careerwise and otherwise.

And I appreciate that. Props to GGG too. He didn't have to take this fight and I genuinely believe that he will give us a rematch. He knows that we would have done the same as well. He's one of the classiest fighters that I ever met. Great champ and people calling him overrated now are ridiculous. I'm as disappointed in the decision as anyone but it certainly isn't a reason to knock Gennady

They are slowly becoming the most annoying fan base and im a GGG fan.

Don't hold it against him though. No reason to shit on a fighter because some of their fans are annoying. It isn't his fault. Same thing happened to Floyd and Pac. If you enjoy a fighter just pretend the delusional fans don't exist. You guys are who they depend upon to support the fights.

Don't hold it against him though. No reason to shit on a fighter because some of their fans are annoying. It isn't his fault. Same thing happened to Floyd and Pac. If you enjoy a fighter just pretend the delusional fans don't exist. You guys are who they depend upon to support the fights.
I would never do that. Still a GGG fan. Still think hes the best. Still thinks he beats Canelo. Still thinks he wins a rematch.
Yes this is exactly like Pac and May die hards 2.0.
Congrats to you guys. Even with a loss Danny proved he is at GGGs level.and caliber at the very least. I also think you guys may land the Canelo fight first. If so that matters more than a subjective decision.
Also, glad I wont be singing. Lmao
Get that money Danny!

I agree. Even when he wins they need to act like he was invincible and ignore reality.

True dat. The fact of the matter is that a boxer whose right hand was consistently taken away over 12 rounds is not invincible. And I'm a GGG fan.

Answer the question.
What was it again?
It was by no means a robbery, all it is is Dannys fans seeing a close fight and then getting upset because he didnt get the win. Same thing happened in the Ward Kova fight, same thing happened with Garcia Thurman, again with Frampton Cruz 1. Fans see their fighter in a close fight, or the one they want to win and when he doesnt its a "robbery" when in reality it was just a close fight.

ANyway I remember when Ward got a close one over Kova, people were trying to put forward cases like what you are doing now and you just shut them down. I think it was something like "well boxrec says different" something like that lol.

What was it again?
It was by no means a robbery, all it is is Dannys fans seeing a close fight and then getting upset because he didnt get the win. Same thing happened in the Ward Kova fight, same thing happened with Garcia Thurman, again with Frampton Cruz 1. Fans see their fighter in a close fight, or the one they want to win and when he doesnt its a "robbery" when in reality it was just a close fight.

ANyway I remember when Ward got a close one over Kova, people were trying to put forward cases like what you are doing now and you just shut them down. I think it was something like "well boxrec says different" something like that lol.
I didn't cry about the result, go back through the thread and answer the question, it isn't difficult pumpkin.

This fight also proved the Brook fight wasnt the case of GGG backing up and taking shots on purpose because he some sort of juggernaut sadomasacist who needs to lose rounds to get people to fight him. I see a majority of those "boxing fans" are M.I.A.

Compubox isnt everything but its a good guide imo, and GGG outlanded Danny in all rounds but three. Some were close, LIKE THE FIGHT, but by no means was it a robbery.

I didn't cry about the result, go back through the thread and answer the question, it isn't difficult pumpkin.
Nah all good, you can do it for me. GGG landed more, landed more per round but some how its a robbery and Danny won lol OK.

I had GGG by close decision. Landed the jab at will when stalking plus the KD. Props for Jacobs though. Jacobs while moving around the ring, he wasn't landing many shots. GGG guard blocked the majority.

Can't compare this as Ward/Kos. Wards inside work to the body was evident whereas Jacobs didn't have as much success.

That's how it happens, though. Can you imagine that fighter beating Hagler or Hopkins?
Right now no and no. I think that legacy wise, Golovkin really needs to either get that Canelo fight by years end or drop his belts and follow Danny up to 168 (if thats where Jacobs is going). A rematch would be big at 168 and though there are no superfights there, a fight versus either Degale or Ramirez could be pretty big a couple years down the road. And then theres always Andre Ward at 175.

Back