Do u guys remember GSP vs. Jon Fitch?

That was one of GDP greatest performances from my memory. He beat the tar outta Fitch.

Yeah he killed Fitch. Fitch was so tough. Yet, since GSP didn't finish him Sherdog remembers it as another boring decision win for GSP.

He nearly made Koschek blind tho

I well recall the adulation for GSP's supposedly world class boxing after that fight (TRIPLE jabs!!!). He was fighting Koscheck. The fact that Kos was clearly a step behind his absolute best, and GSP's cage wrestling had only continued to improve since their first meeting, suggested that Georges would be able to dictate the fight, and he did so by jabbing Koscheck in the eye for five rounds.

His skill set may have been unrivaled, but there was definitely something inconsistent with him as far as what one expects to see from a man who commits his life to martial arts cage fighting.

actually that would be Gus exceeding expectations being compared to Fitch.

Fitch is the Cormier to GSP's Jon Jones.
ha, when the rematch happens and gus stops jones, I would like to see your excuses

So I take it you found the fight boring? I can only assume you never saw it cuz if you had you'd know it was one of the better championship fights of 2008.

Your wife looks like a slut, too.

Strong username to post correlation

ha, when the rematch happens and gus stops jones, I would like to see your excuses
Maybe Gus won't pull out of the rematch this time, so that it can finally happen. I mean he's been booked as a challenger for the title 3 times already, which includes 2-failed attempts. At this point he'll be lucky to be a Faber, forget about being a Fitch.

Maybe Gus won't pull out of the rematch this time, so that it can finally happen. I mean he's been booked as a challenger for the title 3 times already, which includes 2-failed attempts. At this point he'll be lucky to be a Faber, forget about being a Fitch.
?

if anything, jones ducked him more than gus did

Fitch was on a 9 fight winning streak going in to the fight. Nearing a UFC record at the time- Gracie I believe.

Georges was fantastic. I really expected the fight to be much closer. Fitch was a one trick pony, but his overall grappling game was advanced for the time.

Newer fans don't get why some of us say GSP is the goat. It's because of fights like this. He was the first to provide the prototype of what the modern MMA fighter would need to become.

Fitch and Alves fights were both masterful performances and defined GSP's dominant reign. His fights after Alves were just sad - he looked hesitant to put himself at risk and never really looked to be attempting to damage his opponent.

I thought his performance against Alves was the best win of his career. When people hear the name Alves today, they tend to forget what he once was. The Thiago Alves that fought Matt Hughes was an enormous Welterweight, he often failed to make Welterweight. A devastating striker with massive power and stiffling takedown defence.

Georges won the striking exchanges and took him down repeatedly, scoring a knockdown and winning every round.

He was overrated, in the time that he actually fought, because fighters who emerged on the scene later, are better in your eyes?

He beat everyone he fought aside from GSP for a span that lasted about 8 years. Which includes wins over Thiago Alves 2x, Diego, Gono, Saunders, Pierce, Larson, and Burkman. How is that overrated?

Back when beating Sanchez really meant something

That fight shows how durable Fitch was. Most humans would have been out!

I found it crazy that Fitch received a title shot coming off a very lackluster win against UFC newcomer Chris Wilson. It just wasn't believable that he was a threat to GSP after that performance. GSP was enough of a draw that his opponents didn't need to be that credible, but I just cannot imagine anyone giving Fitch a chance going into that fight.

LookOutAWhale did that great 10 minute highlight / edited short film of the fight. I'll always remember that, even if the youtube account was deleted and the only version is some shitty quality ebaums world crap

ST. Pierre put some of the greatest performances ever... Amazing how he smashed a prime Jon Fitch!
tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

sdidr6.jpg

I don't remember GSP...period.

GSP was a monster at this point. Fitch is really just what Nurmagomedov is now. Everybody knew what he'd do, but noone was able to stop him. And then there was GSP who just literally beat the snot out of him for 5 rounds. Great fight and easily one of the most dominant title performances ever.

Back