Statue of Chief Justice Roger Taney removed from MD Capitol.

Who's more sensitive than the right? Then the president? Lashing out at everyone, blaming everyone else, taking no responsibility.

The rghtbis the most sensitive, most emotional unstable group of people I have ever seen.

It never stops, the constant itching, like a rash on their cerebral chode it just doesn't stop.

A group of people beaten down by minorities and homos for so long. Weak afraid and stupid.

You just described the left..

Blame white people for everything..

Asian people aren't really people of color.

White people only succeed due to privilesge

Mike Brown was a hero.

All cops are out to get me.

The confederate flag terrifies me

You guys are the biggest fucking pussies on the planet..

I don't think you guys have ever been a fight in your lives...

You stupid sjws still don't know why you lost the election

Two peas in a pod here.

Who's more sensitive than the right? Then the president? Lashing out at everyone, blaming everyone else, taking no responsibility.

The rghtbis the most sensitive, most emotional unstable group of people I have ever seen.

It never stops, the constant itching, like a rash on their cerebral chode it just doesn't stop.

A group of people beaten down by minorities and homos for so long. Weak afraid and stupid.
angry-sjw.jpg

It's interesting that suddenly people give a shit about the beautiful statues as if the President signaled that they should be protected and fought over just like a President should in a time of crisis.
He struck the perfect tone of both sides.
I think it's funny (but idiotic) that people are starting to vandalize any statue they see now, regardless of what it stands for. Apparently statues are bad news.

When Mitt Romney says the presidents words make racists rejoice, you know it's not just the left anymore

What are you people going to do when you can't blame everything on the left?

Trump has unleashed a torrent of dumb fuck on this country.

And all the cuck alt righters feeding at his asshole will have no answers, no position, just retarded jackals laughing at ghosts.

True, but with Romney's affiliation with Mormonism maybe he isn't the right one to comment

What was the given reason for its removal?

He wrote this in a Supreme Court decision: "the negro has no rights which the white man is bound to respect".

Even in the mid 1800s, this was a very extreme position to take.

The weird thing about Taney is that earlier in his life he apparently had a much more liberal view on abolitionism and anti-slavery activism. Famously, h e was a lawyer who defended a preacher for openly condemning slavery (in the presence of black slaves was what caused the arrest).

Here's a selection from that defense:

"Mr. Gruber did quote the language of our great act of national independence, and insisted on the principles contained in that venerated instrument. He did rebuke those masters, who, in the exercise of power, are deaf to the calls of humanity; and he warned them of the evils they might bring upon themselves. He did speak with abhorrence of those reptiles, who live by trading in human flesh, and enrich themselves by tearing the husband from the wife—the infant from the bosom of the mother: and this I am instructed was the head and front of his offending. Shall I content myself with saying he had a right to say this? That there is no law to punish him? So far is he from being the object of punishment in any form of proceeding, that we are prepared to maintain the same principles, and to use, if necessary, the same language here in the temple of justice, and in the presence of those who are the ministers of the law. A hard necessity, indeed, compels us to endure the evil of slavery for a time. It was imposed upon us by another nation, while we were yet in a state of colonial vassalage. It cannot be easily, or suddenly removed. Yet while it continues it is a blot on our national character, and every real lover of freedom confidently hopes that it will be effectually, though it must be gradually, wiped away; and earnestly looks for the means, by which this necessary object may be best attained. And until it shall be accomplished: until the time shall come when we can point without a blush, to the language held in the Declaration of Independence, every friend of humanity will seek to lighten the galling chain of slavery, and better, to the utmost of his power, the wretched condition of the slave."

Vivid imagination you have there.

Not exactly calling the school bully the "N word."

Oh really he did something much worse than my made up sarcastic joke on a forum. I'm shocked. Let them tear all the statues down I really don't give a fuck if statues stay or go and I've dealt with more then my fair share of racism.

If this is the line we are using to tear down statues though then obviously anyone who actually owned a slave needs to be torn down as well right?

Taney is largely and deservedly reviled as one of the worst Supreme Curt justices ever and was hated for vastly increasing tensions between North and South prior to the Civil War with his inexcusable decision in Dred Scott. This is exactly the kind of guy who deserves to have his statue torn down.

Confederate soldiers were objectively aiding a vile cause regardless of their personal motives. This man was articulating and arguing for and giving legal structure to that vile cause. Regardless of what one thinks of Lee, Taney is worse.

Interesting. Did anyone know he even had a statue?

I didn't but I just found out that Taney Street in Philly is named after him.

And the Taney Dragons little league baseball team who Mo'ne Davis pitched to the Little League World Series are named after the street.

He wrote this in a Supreme Court decision: "the negro has no rights which the white man is bound to respect".

Even in the mid 1800s, this was a very extreme position to take.
What a shock, he turns out to have published an opinion that's objectively at odds with freedom for all.

What a shock, he turns out to have published an opinion that's objectively at odds with freedom for all.
Yeah, I'm more surprised there are statues of Taney than I am that someone would want to tear one down. He's not an ambiguous or nuanced character. Tearing down busts of Taney isn't a slippery slope imo. He's upstream from Robrt E Lee and ought to have come first.

Yeah, I'm more surprised there are statues of Taney than I am that someone would want to tear one down. He's not an ambiguous or nuanced character. Tearing down busts of Taney isn't a slippery slope imo. He's upstream from Robrt E Lee and ought to have come first.
The same Robert E Lee that abandoned his oath to his country to defend the right to own people?

Idk...

Who gives a fuck about statues?! Fucking president can't even get healthcare passed and we're arguing about old statues?!

You just described the left..

Blame white people for everything..

I am white, so nope.

Asian people aren't really people of color.

Yellow is a color.

White people only succeed due to privilege

I don't believe that at all.

Mike Brown was a hero.

No, he wasn't, at all.

All cops are out to get me.

Nope, I get along with my local cops.

The confederate flag terrifies me

No I just think it's stupid and represents a time when this country tore itself apart. Not worth celebrating.

You guys are the biggest fucking pussies on the planet..

I don't think you guys have ever been a fight in your lives...

You stupid sjws still don't know why you lost the election

Yeah that imaginary person who doesn't exist sure does sound like a pussy. Go find him and tell him.

You just described Obama's presidency. First four years he split the blame between Bush and the republicans. Second term he couldn't hide behind Bush anymore, so just blamed obstructive republicans.

Are you seriously suggesting the republicans weren't obstructive?

When Mitt Romney says the presidents words make racists rejoice, you know it's not just the left anymore

What are you people going to do when you can't blame everything on the left?

Trump has unleashed a torrent of dumb fuck on this country.

And all the cuck alt righters feeding at his asshole will have no answers, no position, just retarded jackals laughing at ghosts.

lol @ all these sheep

Everyone wants to take Trump down because he isn't a pawn for the globalist scum. For fucks sake, when I went to college liberals hated the globalist billionaires who control all of our governments, but now they suck them off and even take 15 dollars an hour to smash people's heads to stop free speech.

Trump didn't unleash anything. We are just tired of ignorant people like you doing the bidding of Soros and company.

I didn't but I just found out that Taney Street in Philly is named after him.

And the Taney Dragons little league baseball team who Mo'ne Davis pitched to the Little League World Series are named after the street.

Didn't know that. That's a nice park.

The same Robert E Lee that abandoned his oath to his country to defend the right to own people?

Idk...
There are plenty of valid reasons to dislike Robert E Lee, but he was a better man despite his own flaws than Taney. Lee came down on the wrong side of loyalty to stage vs loyalty to country. He himself framed it as deciding whether the US or Virginia was in fact his country. Taney didn't have the nuance to think of a situation in which the law could favor or protect a black man.

And while Lee's flaws were enough a product of his times that his greatest enemies could deeply respect him, Taney's views were regarded by many as outrageous even in an era characterized by oppression of Negros.

SO, hate on Lee if you will, but Taney is much more indefensible from where I stand.

Glad we've moved on from transgender bathrooms to an inanimate distraction. Super fucking important.

There are plenty of valid reasons to dislike Robert E Lee, but he was a better man despite his own flaws than Taney. Lee came down on the wrong side of loyalty to stage vs loyalty to country. He himself framed it as deciding whether the US or Virginia was in fact his country. Taney didn't have the nuance to think of a situation in which the law could favor or protect a black man.

And while Lee's flaws were enough a product of his times that his greatest enemies could deeply respect him, Taney's views were regarded by many as outrageous even in an era characterized by oppression of Negros.

SO, hate on Lee if you will, but Taney is much more indefensible from where I stand.
You're this subforum's history prof today my friend.

I'm watching reports of the distance Republicans are creating for themselves with President Shit. He's truly unique.

lol @ all these sheep

Everyone wants to take Trump down because he isn't a pawn for the globalist scum. For fucks sake, when I went to college liberals hated the globalist billionaires who control all of our governments, but now they suck them off and even take 15 dollars an hour to smash people's heads to stop free speech.

Trump didn't unleash anything. We are just tired of ignorant people like you doing the bidding of Soros and company.
LOL at going down with the goodship Fatfuck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back