Statue of Chief Justice Roger Taney removed from MD Capitol.

I found this funny when Trump quipped 'who's next Washington or Jefferson' and the left got all outraged...

uh both those cats owned HUNDREDS of slaves......perhaps they need to visit Monticello or Mt Vernon and peep the quarters

Ya, he was trolling, but the pt stands....where exactly is the line drawn?

Who's more sensitive than the right? Then the president? Lashing out at everyone, blaming everyone else, taking no responsibility.

The rghtbis the most sensitive, most emotional unstable group of people I have ever seen.

It never stops, the constant itching, like a rash on their cerebral chode it just doesn't stop.

A group of people beaten down by minorities and homos for so long. Weak afraid and stupid.
Irony overload.

That you can type this with presumably a straight face is incredible.
Who is going around tearing fown mouments that hurt their wittle feels?
You anti Trump losers need help.

Projection. Look it up.

I'm just catching up to yesterday's tweetstorm. What the fuck is he thinking, coming to the defense of white statues and what he sees as white culture so forcefully?

Are we sure this fatty isn't a Sherdogger?

I found this funny when Trump quipped 'who's next Washington or Jefferson' and the left got all outraged...

uh both those cats owned HUNDREDS of slaves......perhaps they need to visit Monticello or Mt Vernon and peep the quarters

Ya, he was trolling, but the pt stands....where exactly is the line drawn?
Personally, I draw the line at a President defending white power marchers as some fine people and suddenly shedding tears for beautiful statues.
He's lost his damned mind.

Taney is largely and deservedly reviled as one of the worst Supreme Curt justices ever and was hated for vastly increasing tensions between North and South prior to the Civil War with his inexcusable decision in Dred Scott. This is exactly the kind of guy who deserves to have his statue torn down.

Confederate soldiers were objectively aiding a vile cause regardless of their personal motives. This man was articulating and arguing for and giving legal structure to that vile cause. Regardless of what one thinks of Lee, Taney is worse.

There are plenty of valid reasons to dislike Robert E Lee, but he was a better man despite his own flaws than Taney. Lee came down on the wrong side of loyalty to stage vs loyalty to country. He himself framed it as deciding whether the US or Virginia was in fact his country. Taney didn't have the nuance to think of a situation in which the law could favor or protect a black man.

And while Lee's flaws were enough a product of his times that his greatest enemies could deeply respect him, Taney's views were regarded by many as outrageous even in an era characterized by oppression of Negros.

SO, hate on Lee if you will, but Taney is much more indefensible from where I stand.

One of the lawyers representing Dred Scott seemed to think Taney wasn't so bad:
George Ticknor Curtis, one of the lawyers who argued before Taney on behalf of Dred Scott, held Taney in high esteem despite his decision in Dred Scott. In a volume of memoirs written for his brother Benjamin Robbins Curtis, who sat on the Supreme Court with Taney and dissented in Dred Scott, George Ticknor Curtis gave the following description of Taney:

He was indeed a great magistrate, and a man of singular purity of life and character. That there should have been one mistake in a judicial career so long, so exalted, and so useful is only proof of the imperfection of our nature. The reputation of Chief Justice Taney can afford to have anything known that he ever did and still leave a great fund of honor and praise to illustrate his name. If he had never done anything else that was high, heroic, and important, his noble vindication of the writ of habeas corpus, and of the dignity and authority of his office, against a rash minister of state, who, in the pride of a fancied executive power, came near to the commission of a great crime, will command the admiration and gratitude of every lover of constitutional liberty, so long as our institutions shall endure.[28]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_B._Taney#Legacy

LOL at going down with the goodship Fatfuck

The whole country is a sinking ship. We are heading to oblivion, and people like you want us to end up like Europe.

Free speech is being attacked.

The 2nd Amendment is being attacked.

We have no borders and our sovereignty is under attack.

Our culture is under attack.

Go back 50 years and ask a Californian if they think their state would be <50% European Americans and Mexifornia in a few short decades. They would laugh. But it happened. Killary want to import hundreds of thousands of potential terrorists who would NEVER assimilate.

Do you want open borders like Europe? How many mangled bodies of dead children to you want to see?

Globalist anti-American shills are everywhere. When your children or grand children see rape, murder and terrorism as part and parcel of living in the West we can thank YOU.

Personally, I draw the line at a President defending white power marchers as some fine people and suddenly shedding tears for beautiful statues.

He denounced the violence.

Nice try.

And Obama did nothing but try to downplay Islamic terror and BLM violence. In fact, Obama and his Attorney Generals helped foster violence from BLM and protestors.

But he wasn't TRump so you didn't care.

It's interesting that suddenly people give a shit about the beautiful statues as if the President signaled that they should be protected and fought over just like a President should in a time of crisis.
He struck the perfect tone of both sides.

Why do you think right wingers are voting for George Washington statues to come down? To bring the left argument to reductio ad absurdum. Bring em all down I say. I love that this is spreading. Al Sharpton is in on it now too. Go Al!

All these white liberals on TV are defending Washington and Jefferson now. That won't last long.

Last edited:
You just described the left..

Blame white people for everything..

Asian people aren't really people of color.

White people only succeed due to privilesge

Mike Brown was a hero.

All cops are out to get me.

The confederate flag terrifies me

You guys are the biggest fucking pussies on the planet..

I don't think you guys have ever been a fight in your lives...

You stupid sjws still don't know why you lost the election
Truth bombs. You gon get banned

Why do you think right wingers are voting for George Washington statues to come down? To bring the left argument to reductio ad absurdum. Bring em all down I say. I love that this is spreading. Al Sharpton is in on it now too. Go Al!

All these white liberals on TV are defending Washington and Jefferson now. That won't last long.

Yea I've already stated I don't give a shit what happens to these statues I'm more entertained by than anything. I'm going to laugh so hard if it leads to washing statues being taken down.

We have different meanings of the word "defend"

Condemning hatred, bigotry, and violence is just that...

One of the lawyers representing Dred Scott seemed to think Taney wasn't so bad:
George Ticknor Curtis, one of the lawyers who argued before Taney on behalf of Dred Scott, held Taney in high esteem despite his decision in Dred Scott. In a volume of memoirs written for his brother Benjamin Robbins Curtis, who sat on the Supreme Court with Taney and dissented in Dred Scott, George Ticknor Curtis gave the following description of Taney:

He was indeed a great magistrate, and a man of singular purity of life and character. That there should have been one mistake in a judicial career so long, so exalted, and so useful is only proof of the imperfection of our nature. The reputation of Chief Justice Taney can afford to have anything known that he ever did and still leave a great fund of honor and praise to illustrate his name. If he had never done anything else that was high, heroic, and important, his noble vindication of the writ of habeas corpus, and of the dignity and authority of his office, against a rash minister of state, who, in the pride of a fancied executive power, came near to the commission of a great crime, will command the admiration and gratitude of every lover of constitutional liberty, so long as our institutions shall endure.[28]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_B._Taney#Legacy
Solid rejoinder.

We have different meanings of the word "defend"

Condemning hatred, bigotry, and violence is just that...
He said there were fine people marching with the Nazis.

What were they chanting, we will not let the Jews divide us or something along those lines?

in a moment when he needed to be unequivocal, he equivocated, made a special point of doing so despite the speech prepared for him or the advice given to him.
Of course, we don't know what Bannon said to him before the speech but we can guess intelligently.

Taney is largely and deservedly reviled as one of the worst Supreme Curt justices ever and was hated for vastly increasing tensions between North and South prior to the Civil War with his inexcusable decision in Dred Scott. This is exactly the kind of guy who deserves to have his statue torn down.

Confederate soldiers were objectively aiding a vile cause regardless of their personal motives. This man was articulating and arguing for and giving legal structure to that vile cause. Regardless of what one thinks of Lee, Taney is worse.

you must be a triggered liberal

Yeah, I'm more surprised there are statues of Taney than I am that someone would want to tear one down. He's not an ambiguous or nuanced character. Tearing down busts of Taney isn't a slippery slope imo. He's upstream from Robrt E Lee and ought to have come first.

that was my thought. how did this guy get a statue in the first place?

He said there were fine people marching with the Nazis.

What were they chanting, we will not let the Jews divide us or something along those lines?

in a moment when he needed to be unequivocal, he equivocated, made a special point of doing so despite the speech prepared for him or the advice given to him.
Of course, we don't know what Bannon said to him before the speech but we can guess intelligently.
were there not reporters on the scene documenting it? so in effect, marching w/ them?

you have to think like an egomaniac to understand his trolling, i don't believe he meant literal white supremacists were fine people. Perhaps i give him too much credit tho, fair enough

Back