Statue of Chief Justice Roger Taney removed from MD Capitol.

"Wahhh. People did terrible things 100 years before I was born. How can I ever recover? Tearing down statues instead of waiting for local districts to decide what to do will help"

14 seconds, googled Taney statue, first story I found

"Three of the four voting members of the State House Trust voted by email Wednesday to move the statue."

Strange thought...if it was statue of a sports hero who was then convicted of murder, would there be a strong argument about whether or not to take down the statue?

There's a strong argument for most anything with narrowly defined goals. If yours is to shield people from painful memories and sidestep the intricacies of humanity then by all means, censor erase rewrite correct history.

If the argument is broader than that then it's a tough fuckin' row to hoe favoring the removal of historical pieces out of embarrassment or butthurt. That's the shit people are supposed to learn from. According to the wise, or so I'm told. But I don't give a fuck about history so let it all burn as far as I'm concerned.

tumblr_mds8nhQrJw1qh15xko1_500.gif

B1qJjD8IYAAId43.jpg:large

"Ever onward". -Kenny Florian

9d5a7d4f-efed-4ebb-a16b-e6b8428e2499.JPG

Better take it down.

The sad thing is, I wouldn't doubt if they did go after this statue. I remember one of the crazy radical feminists from college suggesting Rocky was "racist" for using a black Apollo Creed as the bad guy and a White Rocky as the good guy.

The quicker we cleanse the country of monuments glorifying these people the better. Statues, money, books, etc. Anything that gives them any attention only hurts the fight for equality. Good riddance

You just described the left..

Blame white people for everything..

Asian people aren't really people of color.

White people only succeed due to privilesge

Mike Brown was a hero.

All cops are out to get me.

The confederate flag terrifies me

You guys are the biggest fucking pussies on the planet..

I don't think you guys have ever been a fight in your lives...

You stupid sjws still don't know why you lost the election

Well said. It should not even be comparable.
It seems the left are the only ones who attack cops when they protest as well.

The quicker we cleanse the country of monuments glorifying these people the better. Statues, money, books, etc. Anything that gives them any attention only hurts the fight for equality. Good riddance

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.
Yes. Which is why those statues should come down. Because the arguments for keeping them up require that one ignore associated history, and removing them is not destruction of history. Nobody learned about the civil war because of the existence of a Lee monument. Books and museums do that.

You just described the left..

Blame white people for everything..

Asian people aren't really people of color.

White people only succeed due to privilesge

Mike Brown was a hero.

All cops are out to get me.

The confederate flag terrifies me

You guys are the biggest fucking pussies on the planet..

I don't think you guys have ever been a fight in your lives...

You stupid sjws still don't know why you lost the election

I'm tempted to create a shitload of alts just so I can like this post 10 more fucking times

Yes. Which is why those statues should come down. Because the arguments for keeping them up require that one ignore associated history, and removing them is not destruction of history. Nobody learned about the civil war because of the existence of a Lee monument. Books and museums do that.

I don't have a big problem with moving them to museums, destroying them, or doing it without public discourse is fascist though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back