Poll: Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

• Total voters
The fearless girl statue was more vandalism of an existing artwork than artwork unto itself. It should be removed.

But after thinking about it I have come to appreciate this statue in two ways. The first is that it was a smart business move that gave State Street an incredible marketing return on investment.

The second is that it is in fact the perfect unintended metaphor for feminism. In actual physical reality if a little girl stood in the path of a charging bull she would be killed so on that level the symbolism is fucking stupid.

On the metaphorical level the bull represents wild charging prosperity and economic progress. The little girl represents feminism defiantly standing in the way. So in that way it is a perfect metaphor for the venomous stupidity of feminism.
nice.

you really need someone to explain to you the meaning of 88?
HH
"heil hitler".
fuck. trying to make a joke in the war room.

Sorry, It's isn't something I would know. I know numbers associated with my heroes. O wait

I am watching this latest american hysteria about tearing down all sorts of statues. i see many arguments being thrown around for the removal of a lot of historical monuments in the US. Given that the are only a limited number of confederate statues to be torn down, i believe the force of this latest movement will reach other monuments as well, that might be seen as uncomfortable/triggering for certain people.

In this context, there are people that might argue that the Fearless Girl statue presents an unfair image of young girls, meaning thin, with facial characteristics that leave out a significant portion of the population, wearing clothers that are clearly derived from the oppressive patriarchal model, and, for the people that read books, conjures the picture of the Minotaur (the bull in front) in a threatening pose, maybe a metaphor for rape.

What do you guys think? i am an European, curios about your answers.
thanks.

28XP-GIRL-01p-master768.jpg

It absolutely should be torn down but not for any reason having to do with the confederate monuments. It should go because it co-opts and undermines the meaning of the original bull market statue.

It really shouldn't be there in the first place.

I think it already came up in the public space and it's a completely different argument.

The girl's statue was put there to change the meaning of the bull statue not to represent something on it's own. I think it's a interesting free speech issue but it's not really the same as the monument issue.

It's exactly the same as the monument issue. It represents something, so therefore, it must be removed.

#baneveryfuckingthing

Well, logically one would assume that the people actually forcing the removal of the statues, or in some cases damaging them, would be making a pretty big deal about it.

And who on this forum is leading that charge?

This is what kills me, conservatives here talk like there's this abundance of tranny-loving muslims from Cali on this forum, but there isn't. Jack Savage is probably the biggest dem here and I've never seen him say something positive about trannies. I'm supposedly a liberal because I hate Trump, but I'm against Islam and think transgenderism is retarded.

On the other side we have 5-10 Trumphards who will literally defend everything he does to the point of trolling. And that's not even getting into most of the overly religious and conservatives here.

So who is this thread addressed to?

And who on this forum is leading that charge?

This is what kills me, conservatives here talk like there's this abundance of tranny-loving muslims from Cali on this forum, but there isn't. Jack Savage is probably the biggest dem here and I've never seen him say something positive about trannies. I'm supposedly a liberal because I hate Trump, but I'm against Islam and think transgenderism is retarded.

On the other side we have 5-10 Trumphards who will literally defend everything he does to the point of trolling. And that's not even getting into most of the overly religious and conservatives here.

So who is this thread addressed to?
If we limit the conversation to things that members are actively involved in this place will get pretty boring pretty quick.

Troll thread is looking extra trolly today.

Your confederate statue got moved to a museum, get over it snowflakes.

Troll thread is looking extra trolly today.

Your confederate statue got moved to a museum, get over it snowflakes.
He's actually mimicking the post-modernist interpretation of statues.
Most people see through that and get the irony, snowflake.

Back