Flat out joke stealing

Jesus fucking Christ, cry more

Can't even keep his politics away from jokes

No crying involved, just talking truth.

Trevor Noah and Amy Schumer are both confirmed joke thieves, yet, are still promoted by big political entertainment companies.

Explain that.

I dislike Schumer because she had the Netflix rating system disabled after complaining about a right-wing conspiracy when her special was poorly rated. She isn't funny.
Lol is this real life? I was wondering why those are gone

Add Trevor Noah to the list of joke stealers.

Apparently if you're a progressive, you don't get any mainstream coverage for being a piece of shit.

I know you'll just assume I'm defending him because I'm a liberal or something but that's not quite joke stealing.

Similar punchline, different setup and premise. That isn't quite as bad as some others. Peters himself has mixed words on the subject.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...ion-was-a-prank-russell-peters-says-1.3024773

He might be a thief. I don't think that clip is enough though.

Peters also took a joke from Eddie Murphy. I am trying to find the clip but Eddie Murphy has a bit about how white kids say "fuck you, mom" and Peters used that same joke line-by-line.

Trevor Noah and Amy Schumer are both confirmed joke thieves, yet, are still promoted by big political entertainment companies.

Explain that.

They make them money is why they are promoted. Same as why people are promoted in the UFC or anywhere else. Also Schumer has some kind of senator cousin.

Explain that.
Let me guess, there's a crazy political theory going around on J. RightFatty's basement blog about it, but before you tell us all,

Shut the fuck up

Dane Cook. Louis CK even made an episode of Louie out of the situation it was pretty cool

Joy Morh admitted to being a joke thief in him book something about stealing a joke and making it into an SNL skit

The biggest joke here is that people actually consider Rogan a comedian.
At heats he's better than Kevin Hart and the puppet guy. And they're the most popular comedians in the world. I don't get it

The biggest joke here is that people actually consider Rogan a comedian.

<Fedor23>

Wouldn't be able to tell you what I think about his comedy since I haven't watched any of his stand up shows.

I know you'll just assume I'm defending him because I'm a liberal or something but that's not quite joke stealing.

Hmm. Similar punchline, different setup and premise. That isn't quite as bad as some others.

He stole the premise that Russians sound like they're talking backwards.

It's not word-for-word, but apparently all a new comedian has to do is take an old routine, switch a few words around, and apparently it becomes original material.

Not only did she steal them but she absolutely butchered them in the process. The cringiest part is when she got more of a reaction from the crowd after realizing her joke fell flat. "then throws the pubes..........so she has that facial hair!.....You guys don't like US History? I cant gauge the crowd." No you just suck ass.

The stealing is bad enough, but her delivery was shockingly bad. When you have to explain the joke, you're doing it wrong.
This.

When I saw her versions of the jokes the delivery shocked me. I didn't know any of her material, so I didn't know she was that unfunny.

Says women don't need men. Her male writers steal jokes by male artists.

Let me guess, there's a crazy political theory going around on J. RightFatty's basement blog about it, but before you tell us all,

Shut the fuck up

Ouch, they're sensitive subjects to you, aren't they.

Well, here's a reality bitch slap - Amy Schumer became famous off her Comedy Central show. Quess what state Comedy Central headquarters is located, and one of the Senators of that state is.

Rogaine talks about Mencia some more and about Robin Williams doing the same:

Robin Williams at least cut people checks. IMO that takes a good person and good heart. Dude was a powerful force in comedy for years, even on the come-up he was filling up rooms. He could have stolen their shit and told them to fuck off. And he was so fucked out of his mind on drugs you can kind of forgive him. His original material was great so I would be willing to give the benefit of the doubt to him that he didn't steal jokes from other comedians intentionally.

Stand up is tough, you start flying by the seat of your pants and you're so full of adrenaline/anxiety on stage that suddenly morals go out the window and you will almost do anything to get that laugh. I've never stolen a joke myself but I know a comedian who tells my favorite joke of all time and he is almost an unknown, I first heard his joke when he was just rolling in the open mic scene in Toronto. I wish his fucking joke was mine. It will never be though. I do like to tell people that joke at like parties and credit it to him, however. Comedian's name is Graham Kay.
Anyway, IMO as long as you admit it afterwards, try to explain yourself, apologize, and attempt to make restitution you can be forgiven, which is what happened with Williams. Dane Cook, Amy and Mencia all denied it even though it's right in our faces - and it appears Trevor Noah does too. He should at least admit his joke is very similar to the Russell Peters bit.

As for Peters, his white-kids joke that he stole from Eddie Murphy, he never seems to have been called out on. I actually suspect Paul Mooney wrote the joke for Eddie because he worked with both Eddie and Peters on their big specials.

Last edited:
Add Conan O'Brien to the list. Although it's probably more his writers fault than his. Kaseberg posted these jokes on Twitter earlier the same day Conan used them in his monologue that evening.

I like Conan but this looks pretty blatant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...stealing-his-jokes-now-theyre-going-to-trial/

The three jokes in question, according to court documents:

The Tom Brady joke

• Kaseberg: “Tom Brady said he wants to give his MVP truck to the man who won the game for the Patriots. So enjoy that truck, Pete Carroll.”
  • O’Brien: “Tom Brady said he wants to give the truck that he was given as Super Bowl MVP … to the guy who won the Super Bowl for the Patriots. Which is very nice. I think that’s nice. I do. Yes. So Brady’s giving his truck to Seahawks coach Pete Carroll.”
The Caitlyn Jenner joke

• Kaseberg: “Three towns, two in Texas, one in Tennessee, have streets named after Bruce Jenner and now they have to consider changing them to Caitlyn. And one will have to change from a Cul-De-Sac to a Cul-De-Sackless.”

• O’Brien: “Some cities that have streets named after Bruce Jenner are trying to change the streets’ names to Caitlyn Jenner. If you live on Bruce Jenner Cul-de-sac it will now be Cul-de-no-sack.”
THW WASHINGTON MONUMENT JOKE
  • Kaseberg: “The Washington Monument is ten inches shorter than previously thought. You know the winter has been cold when a monument suffers from shrinkage.”

• O’Brien: “Yesterday surveyors announced that the Washington Monument is ten inches shorter than what’s been previously recorded. Yeah. Of course, the monument is blaming the shrinkage on the cold weather.

He stole the premise that Russians sound like they're talking backwards.

It's not word-for-word, but apparently all a new comedian has to do is take an old routine, switch a few words around, and apparently it becomes original material.

You could give him the benefit of the doubt, that he hadn't seen the joke before and just came to the same conclusions as Peters about the way Russians sound. Or not and call him a dirty thief, both are possible IMO. The more I think about it - if you call him a thief based on that video I think that is fair. I hope he explained himself at some point or tried too.

Add Conan O'Brien to the list. Although it's probably more his writers fault than his. Kaseberg posted these jokes on Twitter earlier the same day Conan used them in his monologue that evening.

I like Conan but this looks pretty blatant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...stealing-his-jokes-now-theyre-going-to-trial/

The three jokes in question, according to court documents:

The Tom Brady joke

• Kaseberg: “Tom Brady said he wants to give his MVP truck to the man who won the game for the Patriots. So enjoy that truck, Pete Carroll.”
  • O’Brien: “Tom Brady said he wants to give the truck that he was given as Super Bowl MVP … to the guy who won the Super Bowl for the Patriots. Which is very nice. I think that’s nice. I do. Yes. So Brady’s giving his truck to Seahawks coach Pete Carroll.”
The Caitlyn Jenner joke

• Kaseberg: “Three towns, two in Texas, one in Tennessee, have streets named after Bruce Jenner and now they have to consider changing them to Caitlyn. And one will have to change from a Cul-De-Sac to a Cul-De-Sackless.”

• O’Brien: “Some cities that have streets named after Bruce Jenner are trying to change the streets’ names to Caitlyn Jenner. If you live on Bruce Jenner Cul-de-sac it will now be Cul-de-no-sack.”
THW WASHINGTON MONUMENT JOKE
  • Kaseberg: “The Washington Monument is ten inches shorter than previously thought. You know the winter has been cold when a monument suffers from shrinkage.”

• O’Brien: “Yesterday surveyors announced that the Washington Monument is ten inches shorter than what’s been previously recorded. Yeah. Of course, the monument is blaming the shrinkage on the cold weather.

O'Brien has a lot of great original content - but whoever on his staff wrote this or allowed it to slip through ought to be fired. Unacceptable. If he personally stole those jokes then he needs to retire.

You could give him the benefit of the doubt, that he hadn't seen the joke before and just came to the same conclusions as Peters about the way Russians sound. Or not and call him a dirty thief, both are possible IMO. The more I think about it - if you call him a thief based on that video I think that is fair. I hope he explained himself at some point or tried too.

If it was just that one example, then yeah it's possible.

But here's another example -

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/wat...ling-dave-chappelles-racism-connoisseur-joke/

But now that Trevor's now famous, he doesn't have to do traditional standup.
He just performs infront of a crowd of his fans on The Daily Show, performing jokes written by a dozen writers.

Do you like your thread getting fucked up with barely related bullshit, here comes a Trumpbot

Patrice is dead now, so I guess she can steal his shit and get away with it.

Somebody has to keep his legacy going. I'm certain some research will show that most jokes have been around longer than the performers recognized for them.

Back