• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why couldn't conor knock floyd out?

So in other words, he cant punch worth shit

aldo-mcgregor-ufc-fight.gif

Mayweather is hard to hit and is good at deflecting blows and rolling with punches.

McGregor landed a strong uppercut in round 1 which hurt Mayweather, but he was able to keep his composure.

Mayweather is the better boxer and had the smarter gameplan. In a real fight, McGregor would rip his head off inside a couple of minutes.

Evidence Mayweather was hurt please. Being wobbly, knees buckling,losing balance or anything along those lines? How do you know if he was hurt lol?

And why was he gassed?

Because Conor was still training MMA throughout camp and did a gruelling wrestling session in the back just before he walked out to warmup.

Mayweather willingly took unnecessary damage, just to play "cat and mouse"???

Mayweather finished the fight as soon as he was able to. You act like Mayweather could have KO'd McGregor in the first round, but kept it going intentionally to make it seem competitive. That's ridiculous.

$

"Unnecessary damage"

Because the UFC hype machine and Joe Hyperbole, i mean rogan were wrong.

There is no touch of death.

Mayweather willingly took unnecessary damage, just to play "cat and mouse"???

Mayweather finished the fight as soon as he was able to. You act like Mayweather could have KO'd McGregor in the first round, but kept it going intentionally to make it seem competitive. That's ridiculous.

No you, sir, are fucking ridiculous. I guess it is also coincidental that Mayweather tried to place a prop bet on himself to finish the fight in 9.5 rounds? Delusional or just plain stupid? Conor kept it "competitive" until Floyd tried. And it just so happens that Mayweather knew EXACTLY when he would try. Idk if Conor was aware of how it would play out or not, but then again, would it have really mattered? Stay bitter.

Because as fans of boxing pointed out long before this happened -- boxers hit way the hell harder than MMA fighters.

As well, Floyd is way the hell faster than ANYONE Conor EVER faced in his life (which is an incredible statement since Floyd is 1/2 the speed he once was).

Connor cannot risk much he pitter pattered the whole match and it was a good decision considering he was fighting TBE

I've noticed that Conor McGregor fans like to say silly things that can't really be proven definitively one way or another. This is a good example of that. Obviously that was not a big uppercut, at all. Floyd also obviously showed no signs of it bothering him, at all.

But...what if it did....and Floyd's just super composed? Lol.

There's this weird WWE fantasy land that Conor fans live in, and nothing will ever change that. He can get beat up, choked out, or anything else. You guys will still be there with your excuses and alternate facts.

If someone displays common sense, like the greatest boxer of this era will win, or Floyd hasn't been dropped in 49 professional fights, I don't think Connie will Be able to do it.

They are a hater.

Charles Manson and jim jones got nothing on cult Connie.

Mostly millennials anyway.

I expected him to stalk and corner Floyd, while looking to counter with power shots. Floyd took the back seat and Conor was content to box him with volume. That was a mistake. He should have chose his shots and looked for the kill. He didn't land the straight left flush early, and Floyd made him pay for the volume as the rounds went on.

Just my two cents. Conor's best chance was a counter power shot KO and that's what I was expecting his game plan to be. He threw too much, and Floyds defensive skill kept him away from the big shots. After the 4th round Conor didn't have the same kind of pop in his punches. I also think he put a little too much size on and should have stayed leaner and faster, but that's another story.

At the end of the day he lost, and if this is an excuse bait thread, I have no excuses.

Do you have to be a plat to start a poll? Can someone start a poll in this subforum on whether people think Conor did better or worse than they expected? I am really curious what the monday morning quarterback consensus is now that some of the hype is dying down.
I think his delusional fans want to believe he did well to help the pain of watching their man crush get destroyed. McGregor's success in the fight was part of Floyd's rope a dope strategy.

Just like Ali, Floyd's greatest asset is that he can take a punch. The drawback is that he already clearly has brain damage and it will only get worse

Possibly, McGregor out-landed Floyd when both fighters were fresh.

No, McGregor threw only 2 beautiful punches only.

The that's already an amazing performance, and everybody is impressed by that.

Mayweather was absolutely in total control despite his weight and reach disadvantage

Conor haters like you try to rewrite the history books. The fight was competitive until McGregor gassed.

It was not competitive. boxing its not like Rocky movie.

Its way more subtle. Mayweather was dominating since round 1. Easily.

McGregors punches was the desperation of an ill beast.

Everybody I talked to today thought the fight was stopped early. I just asked people for conversation because I was interested. The check out people everywhere I went. They all gave props to Floyd and Conor but thought it was an early stoppage.

My honest opinion is he was gassed and just didn't know how to stall in boxing. I think he was rocked but not "out of it" and just didn't know how to survive in boxing that way.

Lol, sure mcGregor could not even lift his arms.
Good stopage

No you, sir, are fucking ridiculous. I guess it is also coincidental that Mayweather tried to place a prop bet on himself to finish the fight in 9.5 rounds? Delusional or just plain stupid? Conor kept it "competitive" until Floyd tried. And it just so happens that Mayweather knew EXACTLY when he would try. Idk if Conor was aware of how it would play out or not, but then again, would it have really mattered? Stay bitter.

Mayweather had a gameplan and stuck to it ... end of. A lot of pundits gave McGregor props for a good effort, but Sherdog basement dwellers like you want to rewrite history and keep repeating lies until people forget that it's a lie.

Back