How will Trump supporters rationalize this?

Waiting for Trump to say one of the kids could have been his son.
The point of Obama saying that was that they have brown skin.
Nobody would believe Trump wants brown skin in his family. He thinks there are fine Nazis.

But you helpfully articulated the *reason* for your opposition to DACA:

"Why? Because they are competing directly with us and are supplanting us and our position in this country. They are making gains and taking ground not just from white society but from us as well."

You didn't say you had a procedural objection; you said that you didn't want them here because they were competing and winning against you. Your flip-flop very clearly shows that you didn't believe what you were saying: you're just starting out with "whatever Trump does = good" and then rationalizing from there rather than having any beliefs about principle or policy. I don't see how you can deny that you were completely busted. But there is an upside to that: as long as Trump does what smarter people want him to do (Democrats in this case), you're OK. So, you know,welcome to the good side, TCK.
@TheComebackKid care to respond to this ?

The last estimates have the wall costing $30b; on top of that you'll have maintenance and upkeep. All the while the majority of illegals now come via overstaying proper visas.

The cheapest way to eliminate illegals is to mandate e-verify and fine the crap out of companies that hire them. Then allow/require the IRS to cross reference with the SSA. All of that would cost significantly less - most of the systems are already in place.

So it sounds like you want to spend/borrow $30+b on a problem that has hundred thousand dollar solution. Hey, but I'm just a random WR poster so what do I know.
$30 billion is not that much considering how much illegal immigration costs. The fact is that they don't pay income tax, funnel money out of the country and exchange it for their own currency, lower job wages and making it impossible for regular citizens to compete. Also a wall is much better at tackling the drug smuggling that goes on, as well as other illegal activity.

Considering this wall is a long term investment (wall could be up for centuries), then you can amortize the cost of it across how ever long you think it might stand up. If you think it can last 100 years, then the amortized cost is $300 million/year (ignoring inflation), which is somewhat insignificant. Especially if you take the money out of the defense budget (as it would help reduce gang related violence and drug smuggling).

The point of Obama saying that was that they have brown skin.
Nobody would believe Trump wants brown skin in his family. He thinks there are fine Nazis.
The kid who ran over that girl could have been Trump's son.

Last edited:
I see this thread has brought out the typical posters circle jerking each other with one hand while patting themselves on the back with the other.

I don't get it. You guys should be commending Trump. At least Trump supporters can change their views. It might do liberals a little good to flip flop every once in a while instead of being dead set on ways that won't work and continuing to pound a square peg through a round hole. It's funny watching all you guys "care" about DACA, it's only a political chess piece and you guys are proving it in this thread.

The only response is getting a new user name.
Jack fucking wrecked him.
That's what tck does, you corner him on something (not hard to do) he tries to change the subject and if that doesn't work he disappears

But you helpfully articulated the *reason* for your opposition to DACA:

"Why? Because they are competing directly with us and are supplanting us and our position in this country. They are making gains and taking ground not just from white society but from us as well."

You didn't say you had a procedural objection; you said that you didn't want them here because they were competing and winning against you. Your flip-flop very clearly shows that you didn't believe what you were saying: you're just starting out with "whatever Trump does = good" and then rationalizing from there rather than having any beliefs about principle or policy. I don't see how you can deny that you were completely busted. But there is an upside to that: as long as Trump does what smarter people want him to do (Democrats in this case), you're OK. So, you know,welcome to the good side, TCK.
Nice work.

I see this thread has brought out the typical posters circle jerking each other with one hand while patting themselves on the back with the other.

I don't get it. You guys should be commending Trump. At least Trump supporters can change their views. It might do liberals a little good to flip flop every once in a while instead of being dead set on ways that won't work and continuing to pound a square peg through a round hole. It's funny watching all you guys "care" about DACA, it's only a political chess piece and you guys are proving it in this thread.

1. Liberals have commended Trump for reaching across the aisle and working with the party that actually wants to get things done. Republicans cheer about all the seats they gained, yet they obstructed Obama for 8 years and now won't even work with their guy. Only the democrats are willing to actually do any work it seems.

2. Liberals should flip flop? So they should flip off of the deals for policies that Trump is flopping onto? That doesn't make any sense. If anything it proves the Republicans should flip flop since they have achieved absolutely nothing with their policies for the last 8 years.

1. Liberals have commended Trump for reaching across the aisle and working with the party that actually wants to get things done. Republicans cheer about all the seats they gained, yet they obstructed Obama for 8 years and now won't even work with their guy. Only the democrats are willing to actually do any work it seems.

2. Liberals should flip flop? So they should flip off of the deals for policies that Trump is flopping onto? That doesn't make any sense. If anything it proves the Republicans should flip flop since they have achieved absolutely nothing with their policies for the last 8 years.
Liberals should give and take like what Trump is trying to do. You think only the Republicans are obstructionists? I know you type that and maybe on the surface you believe it but I don't think deep down you do. Republicans are dumbfucks and if Trump is giving away all his power just to get deals done then fuck him too. But if this is a negotiation tactic to get a tax reform bill passed or an infrustructure bill passed I could give a fuck less about a wall. But let's see how this plays out when it's the dems turn to work out a deal.

Only the bad ones that are killing, raping or torturing people.

Go back and read the thread titles.
Are there a lot of DACA recipients who are being bad actors worthy of deportation?
Shouldn't they be in jail instead?

This just simply isn't true. From what I've observed Trump has the most self-critical "movement" of any recent president. They spat in his face over a mostly symbolic Syria strike and he's experiencing heavy backlash over DACA. The front page of Breitbart is all anti-Trump right now. It isn't that they're fickle -- it's that he was elected explicitly on the condition of two or three policy promises and he is merely an instrument.

What did happen in both cases is that mainstream/liberal Republicans suddenly began praising him and since those of you on the left have ceased to differentiate between anyone outside of the Democrat party, you mistook it for his base flip-flopping. Either you are unperceptive or lying.

There is one piece of truth to what you're saying, though -- Trump could flip-flop way to the left of his current centrist platform and he wouldn't effectively lose many votes for reelection because all of the alternatives in US politics are even further left.

All of the "crazy right wing" things he's attempting to do? Revert Obama policies back to Clinton policies. America has no actual right-wing by global standards, therefore the candidate who is least left-leaning will always get our votes. It is our weakness, but we are vocally critical.
And that's pretty much how I see it also.

Last I checked Trump wanted to end DACA, but today he tweeted this:

"Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!"

and this:

"They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age"

This is confusing even for schizophrenics.

In the same theme it will be interesting to see how the rhetoric goes on the left.
Will it continue as literally Hitler, white nationalist, Russian puppet, collusion, worst ever, impeach! impeach!......
Or just plain old, we are able to work with him.

In the same theme it will be interesting to see how the rhetoric goes on the left.
Will it continue as literally Hitler, white nationalist, Russian puppet, collusion, worst ever, impeach! impeach!......
Or just plain old, we are able to work with him.
It's clear that he's only working with the dems to get something accomplished in this year of embarrassing failures.

Back