How will Trump supporters rationalize this?

What has been disasterous?
Investigations about his by now indisputable lies, no legislative accomplishments, even with all the power, losing all his best people while everybody around him lawyers up.
So far he's been a dumpster fire.

$30 billion is not that much considering how much illegal immigration costs. The fact is that they don't pay income tax, funnel money out of the country and exchange it for their own currency, lower job wages and making it impossible for regular citizens to compete. Also a wall is much better at tackling the drug smuggling that goes on, as well as other illegal activity.

Considering this wall is a long term investment (wall could be up for centuries), then you can amortize the cost of it across how ever long you think it might stand up. If you think it can last 100 years, then the amortized cost is $300 million/year (ignoring inflation), which is somewhat insignificant. Especially if you take the money out of the defense budget (as it would help reduce gang related violence and drug smuggling).

1- A few hundred thousand < 30 billion.

2- Again if the point is to stop their employment and the flow of cash out of the country then there are cheaper ways to do it.

btw- they do pay into social security that they aren't entitled to receive.​

3- A wall wont stop drug smuggling. Not long ago they found a tunnel running from Tijuana to San Diego

4- You amortize for tax purposes and the federal govt doesn't pay any. You also have to pay for the wall as it's built, not over 100 years.

5- Money to reduce gang violence and drugs doesn't come from the defense budget.

Investigations about his by now indisputable lies, no legislative accomplishments, even with all the power, losing all his best people while everybody around him lawyers up.
So far he's been a dumpster fire.
I disagree. But I think you guys want to say it's a dumpster fire.

I disagree. But I think you guys want to say it's a dumpster fire.
By any rational assessment, it ain't going good.
I think he may not last the whole term depending on the details that come out about a couple of *precarious* situations developing

So basically Trump doesnt believe in half the stuff he talks about. He is doing all this to appease his base, which is commendable. He truly is keeping his promise to the people who voted him in. Thing is, his base are the lower tier citizens who are unsuccessful in life. His supporters want the US to go back to some po-dunk country for some reason.

Trump is making the base angry at establishment Republicans for being unable to work with him. It's political leverage. 3d time travel chess

Trump is making the base angry at establishment Republicans for being unable to work with him. It's political leverage. 3d time travel chess

But who does his base elect to congress? Republicans or dems?

No I don't care to respond. I've said for over a year now I don't want to see people who can here as literal children to get kicked out. DACA goes further than that.

Nothing I've said is contradictory.

Good try tho guys.

Really ?
No way to go back out and come in the right way? Well...no citizenship and no votng then. Everyone is happy.
[/QUOTE]

At least he stayed consistent on one thing:
He lied all the time about pretty much everything before he took office, and he's staying with that winning strategy
Recipe to make you a president...there could be term #2 if he plays his cards right....again.

It's clear that he's only working with the dems to get something accomplished in this year of embarrassing failures.

Part of the picture, but will dems just pretend he never was Hitler bla blah, or now is he just fine.

Some conservatives voted almost solely on Supreme Court issues.

This seems like a reasonable article.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/what-trump-is-actually-accomplishing/535458/

One of the two biggest victories has come on border security, which was one of Trump’s top campaign priorities. Border crossings have already plummeted, suggesting that rhetoric making it clear to immigrants that they are not welcome is effective in its own right. Customs and Border Protections report that apprehensions of unauthorized people are down nearly 20 percent from the same time in 2016. (Trump continues to radically exaggerate these figures, though.) This decline has occurred despite Trump being foiled on his actual policy proposals at the border. Construction hasn’t begun on his border wall yet, and federal courts have repeatedly smacked down his Muslim travel ban.

That said, he did get one good result in courts—and that points to a second area of success. The Supreme Court allowed parts of the travel ban to go forward, in a victory that would not have happened without Neil Gorsuch on the court, filling a seat that under all previous customs would have been filled by Barack Obama’s appointee Merrick Garland. Given his legislative struggles, the most enduring Trump victories are likely to come in the judicial branch.

Trump may get to appoint several more justices to the high court. And in the meantime, he’s filling up lower courts with lifetime appointees. As the veteran Democratic official Ron Klain wrote recently, “A massive transformation is underway in how our fundamental rights are defined by the federal judiciary. For while President Trump is incompetent at countless aspects of his job, he is proving wildly successful in one respect: naming youthful conservative nominees to the federal bench in record-setting numbers.”

It's clear that he's only working with the dems to get something accomplished in this year of embarrassing failures.
this, the supreme court appt aside .
dont be surprised if it all falls apart in a tantrum before its signed though.
hes not exactly mr consistent

this, dont be surprised if it all falls apart in a tantrum before its signed though.
He's clearly tweet responding to the negative reaction.
I think he's trying to be so unpredictable, even HE can't tell us what's happening next

He's clearly tweet responding to the negative reaction.
I think he's trying to be so unpredictable, even HE can't tell us what's happening next
pelosi and schumer are gonna have flashbacks of gettin their kids to eat brocolli for the next six months, maybe if they buy donnie a happy meal he will come through for them.
it could be a whole new strategy.... bribery
they just gotta find a hollywood liberal actress prepared to take one for the team.

Honestly, this is about what I expected. My hope was that a political outsider could step outside party lines. I never truly expected most of his more controversial policies to actually come to fruition and I said as much multiple times pre election.

This is Trump playing the game exactly like he said he would. He's a dealmaker and when you negotiate, you start high. High for Trump was sweeping deportation. The left said no deportation. Now here we are meeting in the middle.

This is a good thing and I hope we see more of this.

What would you call the 3 month extension of the debt ceiling?

pelosi and schumer are gonna have flashbacks of gettin their kids to eat brocolli for the next six months, maybe if they buy donnie a happy meal he will come through for them.
it could be a whole new strategy.... bribery
they just gotta find a hollywood liberal actress prepared to take one for the team.
Translate this into English please

Back