UFN 116 - Rockhold vs Branch - Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any small promotion that is a portal for ufc contract, it should be in the library and I don't mind paying a little more for fight pass for a better library.

Hey guys, just want to say that my depression is getting the best of me so I'm most likely gonna be MIA depending upon how my therapy sessions go.
My subscribers have received their picks for rockhold vs branch
I'm making a killing right now handicapping, but what's there to life when you're alone and sad. I try to go out and do things other than handicapping in the lab, but its the only thing I'm good at.
Can't find a date on e-harmony and I don't have many friends in real life. I drink, smoke, play poker and handicap. Doesn't help that there are stalkers trying to ruin my life out of spite and jealousy.
#ineedavacation

Barry out
Ill wear a wig and give you a HJ

Not sure what Barry is complaining about really, ditched his nagging girlfriend and now drinks, smokes and gambles all day....
giphy.gif

Hey guys, just want to say that my depression is getting the best of me so I'm most likely gonna be MIA depending upon how my therapy sessions go.
I'm making a killing right now handicapping, but what's there to life when you're alone and sad. I try to go out and do things other than handicapping in the lab, but its the only thing I'm good at.
Can't find a date on e-harmony and I don't have many friends in real life. I drink, smoke, play poker and handicap. Doesn't help that there are stalkers trying to ruin my life out of spite and jealousy.
#ineedavacation

Barry out
Hopefully that usman+jotko+perry parlay comes trough so you can afford some xtra therapy sessions <3

Man I just re-watched the Justin Ledet vs. Chase Sherman fight again and wow was it sick. I mean, it is a fucking travesty that Sherman's corner did not stop that fight after the second round. To be honest, they should have stopped it midway through the second round. If I was anything but a meathead with stage four cancer who didn't care about having my brain rattled around my skull like a Chihuahua in the mouth of a 200 pound Rottweiler, I would fire my corner for malpractice.

After the second round Justin had landed 60 had strikes, and I estimate that 85% of them were significant. I mean, Sherman was getting absolutely bludgeoned in there. Ledet was killing Sherman with a rudimentary straight jab-right cross the ENTIRE fight. i.e. Your basic one-two combination punch you learn on the first day of sparring. But nevertheless, Sherman refused to offer up even the most minimal of striking defense, choosing instead to take repetitive shots to the head like his face was the catchers mitt and Justin was the pitcher. Further, Ledet was refusing to throw anything but a fastball straight down the pipe.

Getting off of the Sherman subject for a second, I also came away incredibly impressed with Justin's hand speed and boxing prowess. Not just his punches but his footwork and ability to slide in and out of the pocket while landing his own shots and rolling with the thunder Sherman through back. It was very high-level for an MMA heavyweight.

What's more, his cardio was phenomenal. His output never waned a second, and to make it more impressive was the fact that they were fighting in Salt Lake City, Utah in some extreme elevation. It was some of the best stamina and output I've seen from a big guy since "Cardio" Cain was ruling the HW division.

If Zu is getting tattooed like Sherman, there's no way he takes that amount of punishment. No fucking way. If he does, I will post a video of me eating my hat.

We don't really have strong reasons to suspect Rockhold has a 'terrible chin', most likely it's about average. The main reason he got ko'd by Bisping isn't because he has a paper chin, but because of pure hubris, he got sloppy and careless and got his head snapped by a punch he didn't see coming. The best kind of punch to hit someone with for a ko, because it's so sudden you can't brace for it. Same way OSP embarrassed Shogun.

So banking on Branch getting a ko because of Rockhold's supposedly great weakness is pretty silly imo, although I'm sure he's perfectly capable of it....under the right circumstances. ;)

#ineedavacation

Barry out

Damn Cooler, I give you hell and think you're silly with your picks sometimes, but NOBODY deserves to be depressed and lonely. Keep your head up Cooler and if you're ever passing through WV shoot me a DM and I'll by you a beer. K? :)

We don't really have strong reasons to suspect Rockhold has a 'terrible chin', most likely it's about average. The main reason he got ko'd by Bisping isn't because he has a paper chin, but because of pure hubris, he got sloppy and careless and got his head snapped by a punch he didn't see coming. The best kind of punch to hit someone with for a ko, because it's so sudden you can't brace for it. Same way OSP embarrassed Shogun.

So banking on Branch getting a ko because of Rockhold's supposedly great weakness is pretty silly imo, although I'm sure he's perfectly capable of it....under the right circumstances. ;)
Rockhold can't box and hes got no chin. Besides the left kick he doesn't offer much on the feet. If Rockhold and Branch boxed, Branch would piece him up.

dec O4.5 -101...

likely dec:
burns-saggo
jotko-hall
martin-oam

could go either way:
branch-rockhold
gonzalez-gillespie
usman-moraes
ledet-anyanwu
spitz-hamilton
smith-lombard

doubtful:
perry-reyes

/shrug. just doing a half unit, haven't been spectacular w/these event props, hehe.

Reyes by submission is +1215. Seems like decent value to me.

Rockhold can't box and hes got no chin. Besides the left kick he doesn't offer much on the feet. If Rockhold and Branch boxed, Branch would piece him up.

Yup. Rockhold is pretty much a bum. I'd take Barrygood against him at evens

David Branch not here to play games, told Rockhold in the staredown "I'm gonna break you up son"

By looking at the line you'd think Branch is some jobber and not a former 2 division world champ that hasn't lost in 5 years.
I watched a lot of tape on branch for the jotko fight.

He can be boring but he is a SOLID all around fighter who is more than capable of beating rockhold anywhere

So you are using some sort of algorithm for capping MMA? IDK bout all that, this ain't baseball.

You are right Magalhaes doesn't have much of a chin but he's a solid 205er. Branch could have finished him if he really wanted to but Branch is a smart fighter and typically takes the path of least resistance and doesn't take a lot of risks. Branch isn't some big puncher but he's got respectable power, better than the lack of KO's on his record suggest.

Mmmm OK I'm coming around to the idea of betting Branch. At least his conservative style gives him a longer window for lucky punch or grindy decision win.

This weekend is a rough slate. Smith + Branch are really the only solid spots IMO and I'm not going huge on either.

I agree that long-term it will hurt them, and they seem to be lost at sea in terms of marketing. This is strange since they are literally a marketing firm and agency for A-list Hollywood celebrities. That said, I believe the reason they didn't go spending a lot of money for this particular card is twofold. The first being that GGG and Canelo are fighting the same night and the second because I'd venture to say that the last PPV — with the loss of Demetrious and Borg – probably didn't break 125,000 buys if that. Additionally, tjust paid $4.3 billion for what is looking like the combat version of Myspace. Guaranteed there are panicked investors and thus necessary cost cutting measures are underway.

Why do you consider them the combat version on Myspace - they haven't been eclipsed by another organization have they?

I agree that long-term it will hurt them, and they seem to be lost at sea in terms of marketing. This is strange since they are literally a marketing firm and agency for A-list Hollywood celebrities. That said, I believe the reason they didn't go spending a lot of money for this particular card is twofold. The first being that GGG and Canelo are fighting the same night and the second because I'd venture to say that the last PPV — with the loss of Demetrious and Borg – probably didn't break 125,000 buys if that. Additionally, tjust paid $4.3 billion for what is looking like the combat version of Myspace. Guaranteed there are panicked investors and thus necessary cost cutting measures are underway.
I think I will bet the ppv is under 125g buy at pick'em odd. Honest paying customer already fork out $100 for Mayweather/McGregor fight, not going to pay another $60 for a fight night card. I recall Mighty Mouse got 350g for show & 40g for reebok but the live gate only make 188g, this guy want 2 millions for super fight? Talking about ungrateful employee.

Why do you consider them the combat version on Myspace - they haven't been eclipsed by another organization have they?
It is likely heading that direction since the people who make all the major decision have no stake in the game, poor investors. They even took away the weight-in ceremony but someone talk them out of it.

If Dana still have stake in the company and in charge, he would pay or entice people to fill in the seat at the weight-in, build fake excitement. When ufc fail to sell seat, Dana white find way to fill the empty seat. World is run by charismatic idiots.

No, and I was being totally hyperbolic. But after spending $4.3 billion and losing superstars like Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar, Ronda Rousey and now having to pay Conor McGregor roughly $30 million per fight fight, they are in shaky territory. With no superstar and their PPV numbers down, you start getting a bunch of panicky investors and they are the foundation of which is the UFC's structural integrity. If you get a bunch of shareholders selling their stocks like the Ferrita brothers did.

If the backbone of the UFC starts to bend it can only bend so far before it breaks. Now look, I believe that they will survive this bit of turmoil, but it could be a rough couple of years where they are hemorrhaging money.

Frank and Lorenzo along with Dana were bleeding money for nearly a decade before they started making a profit. But they were committed because they were fans and this was their baby. WME–IMG is all about the bottom dollar and they won't hesitate to pull the plug if they think they have a worthless product.

Just woke back up ventures like the ABA or XFL or Bodog fight or the United States Football League (USFL) which all were in good shape — until they weren't. The UFC is not the NFL or the MLB or the NBA or they have a mainstream audience with guaranteed revenue. Moreover, the UFC doesn't have a fighters union which makes things even worse. And with people jumping ship like Rory McDonald and Lorenz Larkin as other fighters remain unhappy with shit like Reebok, things could get ugly quick.

When you got somebody like Bellator that's owned by one of the top fortune 500 companies in Viacom, it's not implausible to see WME unloading the UFC to Sumner Redstone.

Don't get it twisted, this is a LONG ways down the road and very unlikely to even happen, but you never know.

BTW: I said Myspace because it was bought by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp for $500 million and is today worth around $27 million. <Lmaoo>

BTW: I told myself I wouldn't do this, but I have to put something on Anthony Hamilton. Going back and watching Daniel Spitz fight the mediocre Mark Godbeer forces my hand. Spitz was totally gassed by the second round and was hit with everything but the kitchen sink. He has shitty wrestling, no real power and his defense is absolutely the worst. He is a 6'7" broom stick with arms.

I'm not going to put a lot on him because I don't like betting on low level heavyweights or heavy weights in general, but after re-watching film on Spitz, I cap Hamilton around -350 or so. So at -190 I have to put something small on him and I really recommend others do the same. At least go back and watch Spitz fight Godbeer and then make up your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back