Second watch of Saul-GGG

after all the emotion has died down, I challenge everyone to watch it again....confirmation bias aside.

What Struck me about watching again was the sheer amount of punches 3G missed. Canelo made GGG miss a fuck ton of punches and in many instances afterwards, made him pay.

I had Canelo sweeping the first four rounds quite clearly. Round 4 could be argued for GGG but I feel Saul landed the bigger cleaner shots. Rounds 5-6-7-8-9 could easily be scored for GGG but a round or two in the middle rounds could be swing rounds.

Now rounds 10-11-12 I had Canelo winning.

Rounds 10 and 4 could also be argued for GGG but again, upon second viewing I feel Canelo landed the better stuff with better defense.

7-5 for Canelo.

I would like to hear some opinions of those who watched it again.

No matter what, the most clear thing in my mind, you can't claim robbery for either fighter and you could easily have a case for either fighter winning.

With that said, I thought the rounds Canelo won were more clear cut than the rounds GGG won.

Going into the 6th round I had it a completely even fight. I had the first two for Canelo, the third round even and 4 and 5 for GGG. Most of the rounds that GGG won he won simply because of a lack of output from Canelo. That probably isn't the best way to put it. He used his footwork to out position Canelo, and Canelo couldn't get his stuff off for the most part. But when he did he had no problem landing whatsoever, while Triple G did. I scored the fight 115-114 for Canelo. I gave Canelo 1,2,10,11 and 12 with round 3 even

Rewatched the fight at 50% speed. Rounds 6 and 7 (one of the two rounds Byrd gave to GGG, oddly enough) are the swing rounds for me. If I give 'em both to Canelo it ends up being a draw. The rounds I gave to Canelo were 2, 5, 9 and 12. This match reminds me a lot of the first Ward-Kovalev fight. Whether or not it's a robbery is heavily reliant on how much you value moving forward and pressing the action.

That's odd. 6 and 7 in my mind are the only definitive round that GGG won in my mind. Will watch it again.

No being real in that post. Only your perception. Also the last sentence is based on nothing.

that's completely real. You must have watched a different fight. Atno time did GGG do anything in that fight to win rounds other than outwork Canelo. When Canelo was winning rounds or even parts of rounds, he was outclassing GGG.

Watched twice and I still have Canelo by one round. He landed the better shots and made Golovkin miss badly throughout the fight. Id also say that his shots showed more effect.

It was an incredible fight and very close. No robbery, and anything from scoring for Canelo to Golovkin to a draw was perfectly acceptable.

THis. It's hilarious watching all of these emotional, unobjective posters telling everyone else to be less emotional and more objective.

That's odd. 6 and 7 in my mind are the only definitive round that GGG won in my mind. Will watch it again.

I might rewatch once more as well. I think a lot more can be seen watching at a slower speed, but 50% might be too slow. Might lose some pop (or lack thereof) on the landed shots. In both 6 and 7, GGG presses forward the whole time and he throws way more punches, but he also misses a lot of them and the power shots landed were pretty close, so it really comes down to how much you value pressing the action, punches thrown, and light shots that do very little damage. I think those things are enough to make the difference but I'm not sure how the official scoring rules work.

I might rewatch once more as well. I think a lot more can be seen watching at a slower speed, but 50% might be too slow. Might lose some pop (or lack thereof) on the landed shots. In both 6 and 7, GGG presses forward the whole time and he throws way more punches, but he also misses a lot of them and the power shots landed were pretty close, so it really comes down to how much you value pressing the action, punches thrown, and light shots that do very little damage. I think those things are enough to make the difference but I'm not sure how the official scoring rules work.

It's also from what I remember the two rounds in which Canelo does the least, which why I see them as absolute GGG rounds. From what I remember round 7 is the only round I actually thought Canelo was actually getting beaten up in. From what I remember Canelo lands a few shots early in those two rounds, but gets outworked for the bulk of the round and also gets caught with a few good shots himself. Wil lwatch again.

Very close fight. I'm ok with the decision. Punchstats are also fairly close.. Canelo had a pretty good connect rate, especially on his power shots. I have no problem with the decision of the fight.. Aside from the 118-110 attrocity

You boxing fans retards? Having a higher connect rate is irrelevant in scoring a fight. If you throw 250 punches and land 200 but your opponent throws 700 and lands 300, the guy who landed 200 had a 80% accuracy ratio while the man who landed 300 only a 43% accuracy ratio but guess what, he landed 100 more punches....that's far more relevant.

Going into the 6th round I had it a completely even fight. I had the first two for Canelo, the third round even and 4 and 5 for GGG. Most of the rounds that GGG won he won simply because of a lack of output from Canelo. That probably isn't the best way to put it. He used his footwork to out position Canelo, and Canelo couldn't get his stuff off for the most part. But when he did he had no problem landing whatsoever, while Triple G did. I scored the fight 115-114 for Canelo. I gave Canelo 1,2,10,11 and 12 with round 3 even

Your score makes no sense. How is it 115-114 Canelo when you only gave him 5 rounds

Your score makes no sense. How is it 115-114 Canelo when you only gave him 5 rounds

Once again. U say you gave Canelo 5 rounds. With 1 round even. That's 114 for Canelo!
So u gave 6 rounds to GGG

You boxing fans retards? Having a higher connect rate is irrelevant in scoring a fight. If you throw 250 punches and land 200 but your opponent throws 700 and lands 300, the guy who landed 200 had a 80% accuracy ratio while the man who landed 300 only a 43% accuracy ratio but guess what, he landed 100 more punches....that's far more relevant.

youre failing to acknowledge the slickness factor

it doesnt matter if the other guy landed more punches than you if the other guy is "slick." most especially if he is backing up and laying on the ropes the majority of the fight.

thats even slicker and receives more points

its obvious that the 80 percent of the people that believe that golovkin won dont know shit about boxing and the sweet science of slickness

THis. It's hilarious watching all of these emotional, unobjective posters telling everyone else to be less emotional and more objective.

perhaps you need to invest in one of these before rambling on about "objective" scorecards

upload_2017-9-19_13-46-49.jpeg

re-watch scoring is dumb, there are so many biases involved both before and after it's completely irrelevant

I scored it for Danny on the re-watch

Back