Do u guys remember GSP vs. Jon Fitch?

I've always been a big fan of Fitch. He took a hell of a beating that night.

if you guys call gsp boring, then what do you call jon fitch's style?

Masterpiece by GSP against a tough one. Nice memories.

It impacts his legacy in the eyes of *some fans*, not in any objective and ultimate sense.

No, it's not subjective. it's statistics; he has the same number of finishes over ww fighters as Ben askren does. It's a sad fact.

I like gsp but you can't look at his highlight reel or legacy and say that his inability to finish fights as champion is irrelevant. It's part of painting the picture of greatness. Gsp valued safety, control, and defensive fighting more than being able to get rid of a guy quick. Getting rid of a guy quick is a desirable skill to have in a fight. Gsp didn't either value that or wasn't skilled enough to pull out a finish every once in a while. I like gsp but don't be ignorant of how legacies are remembered.

Dominated for 5 rounds but couldn't finish.

Vintage Georges what's the rush St. Pierre. Safety first, no can defend.

Honestly though don't mind watching decisions like that. Some of his later UDs on the other hand were lackluster as F. For me the Alves fight was him at his peak.

Sup brah where the fuck you been hiding?

If it hadn’t been for GSP’s obsession with winning the most rounds in a row he could have finished that fight.

He just didn’t want to because he would have less rounds.

He dropped the hell out of him 3 times and let off the gas on purpose.

I hope to hell that mentality is gone.

If bisping kicks and George grabs the leg and lets go like that again on him it will be awesome.

I can even see him kicking bispings legs out from under him like he did Hughes.

No, it's not subjective. it's statistics; he has the same number of finishes over ww fighters as Ben askren does.

Babbling...

Yes, but the value of finishes to a legacy is not objective. Different fans value different things.

Tim Duncan is universally acknowledged as the GOAT PF despite being duller than toast and having a relatively non-exciting offensive game. Because he has so great at "vanilla things" in basketball (interior defense chief among them), he was the anchor for the greatest modern day basketball franchise, winning multiple titles, MVPs, etc...

Someone who values finishes relatively more and winning less will have GSP in a greater place than someone who values finishes relatively less and winning more. It's not rocket science.

So if they watch that fight, it will erase their memory of every fight after? I'm not a hater of gsp at all, and i hope he makes bisping pay for ducking every legit mw contender.

But the word 'boring' is attached to his legacy for better or worse because of his lack of risk taking to try and finish fights. Can't have it both ways; His game plan, lnp, and strategy was a success but it came at the cost of intensity, excitement, and highlight reel finishes. And it affects his legacy, regardless of anyone's opinions.
A 2015 join date calling gsp boring.

Is normal.

My wife and I were cage side.
9-hardcore-boston-red-sox-fans.jpg

Seriously? That was actually one of the only non-boring title defenses GSP ever had. He fucked Fitch up

Dominated for 5 rounds but couldn't finish.

Vintage Georges what's the rush St. Pierre. Safety first, no can defend.

Honestly though don't mind watching decisions like that. Some of his later UDs on the other hand were lackluster as F. For me the Alves fight was him at his peak.

How many times had Fitch been finished?

He destroyed Fitch
Old school thread. Bisping either beats Georges up or Georges takes Michael down at will and pins him there for teh decision win. St.Pierre MW champ of teh world!!!!

Yes, but the value of finishes to a legacy is not objective. Different fans value different things.

Tim Duncan is universally acknowledged as the GOAT PF despite being duller than toast and having a relatively non-exciting offensive game. Because he has so great at "vanilla things" in basketball (interior defense chief among them), he was the anchor for the greatest modern day basketball franchise, winning multiple titles, MVPs, etc...

Someone who values finishes relatively more and winning less will have GSP in a greater place than someone who values finishes relatively less and winning more. It's not rocket science.

Lol Tim Duncan isn't on anyone's list of top 5 greatest players of all time. Gsp is on the list for top 3. When you get that close to the top, the ability to finish a fight is key. Lol if you get jumped or you're in a tournament style fight or you're trying to sell tickets, are you telling me finishes don't matter? Lol are you serious? If a guy has a batting averages of 1.000 but can't hit a home run to save his life, is he not going to get shit for it? Is it not something that's going to be mentioned when legacies are unraveled? Think about it.

Fitch is a great fighter but man did gsp maul him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back