Ariel Helwani disappointed with McGregor for use of slur

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Conor's 'Nazi' comment, that doesn't qualify as 'racist', either. 'Xenophobic', maybe, but certainly not 'racist'. I've never heard someone described as a 'racist' for making stereotypical remarks about someone from the United States.

semantics, pedantics...no doubt conor percieved siver to be a member of the aryan race and abused him accordingly. do you think that the noteworthy thing when conor calls siver a nazi is a discussion on whether race is a derelict concept, some kind of biological curiosity? cos all i see is an ugly loudmouth being an asshole, yet again, and people applauding him for it, yet again

I'm not a conor fan,but you may wanna watch this:

aw man i dont care what floyd has to say about it because he's been doing this shit about 20 years longer than mcgregor has! lol his "opinion" matters least of all, im sure he appreciates that conors schtick brings in more bucks

Don't forget to toss Ariel's salad.
I just respect honest journalist who actually have integrity. You may not agree with him, but you have to respect him for sticking to his principals. Rather than only doing it when its convenient, he's not playing favorites, he's not kissing ass, he's standing up for what he believes in. In todays media world, that's something we should respect and want more of instead of insulting him for it.

semantics, pedantics...no doubt conor percieved siver to be a member of the aryan race and abused him accordingly. do you think that the noteworthy thing when conor calls siver a nazi is a discussion on whether race is a derelict concept, some kind of biological curiosity? cos all i see is an ugly loudmouth being an asshole, yet again, and people applauding him for it, yet again

Calling him an asshole is fair. Racist? Not so much.

I just respect honest journalist who actually have integrity. You may not agree with him, but you have to respect him for sticking to his principals. Rather than only doing it when its convenient, he's not playing favorites, he's not kissing ass, he's standing up for what he believes in. In todays media world, that's something we should respect and want more of instead of insulting him for it.
It could entirely be possible that he's looking at the current political climate and PC culture, and he's trying to generate views and money for calling out the biggest MMA fighter ever.

aw man i dont care what floyd has to say about it because he's been doing this shit about 20 years longer than mcgregor has! lol his "opinion" matters least of all, im sure he appreciates that conors schtick brings in more bucks

you obviously didn't watch it.

It could entirely be possible that he's looking at the current political climate and PC culture, and he's trying to generate views and money for calling out the biggest MMA fighter ever.
That would be true if this was a new look for him He has been pretty consistent on topics like this for half a decade. This isn't s sudden change. Plus he is already the biggest MMA journalist there is, he's already on top. He already gets the most views, Conor has helped him get plenty of views in the past as well. When Ariel was kicked out of the MayMac presser Conor took time to sit and talk with him on camera and told him he didn't think it was fair. If anything it would make more sense for Conor to support him. If anything, he will lose views over this.

Oh didnt you hear? you cant say pussy either. its derogatory and demeaning to women.... somehow... never figured it out.... cause that would mean I give a fuck :p
Making the word pussy synonumous with being weak is demaning to women because they're the only ones who have them. It's basically implying all women are weaker than men because they have one.

This topic gets me so frustrated. People jump to the rescue for minorities and a lot of us don't even want it. I don't want people to suffer any consequences for saying that word, especially in a private conversation.

Last edited:
STFU Ariel. What a fucking moron this guy has become, seriously.

That would be true if this was a new look for him He has been pretty consistent on topics like this for half a decade. This isn't s sudden change. Plus he is already the biggest MMA journalist there is, he's already on top. He already gets the most views, Conor has helped him get plenty of views in the past as well. When Ariel was kicked out of the MayMac presser Conor took time to sit and talk with him on camera and told him he didn't think it was fair. If anything it would make more sense for Conor to support him. If anything, he will lose views over this.
Ariel is also notorious (excuse the pun) for instigating shit. His career has been built on it.

What was so bad about this example, again? He quoted a lyric from a rap song. I guess you're upset that Conor 'objectified' Ronda and Tate or something? Are you just as outraged over the fact that Dr. Dre said it? A man made a crude comment about two very attractive women. Stop the presses.

am done man. like, goodnight

I hope he mentioned Donald Cerrone and Bisping too.

Making the word pussy synonumous with being weak is demaning to women because they're the only ones who have them. It's basically implying all women are weaker than men because they have one.
And where does the line get drawn?

There's nothing honest about Ariel. It's called virtue signaling. He's a manipulative hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back