Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V7.0

Cocoa also killed a lot of cats before one survived. She even ripped a water fountain off the wall and tried to blame the cat.

Yea I understand, its a 400 pound gorilla but the progress made with some of these animals is incredible. Cocoa blaming it on the cat is kinda funny too because that's what a kid would do if you asked them "who did that?."

A Hawaii judge ruled that all aquarium collection permits were illegal and collection has been halted until a review of Hawaii's EPA can be reviewed. Earth Justice has been pushing Hawaii hard for the past couple of years to ban the collections. The permits that Hawaii issues are for sustainable collection areas and there's decades of data that show the fisheries are sustainable.
A lot of the popular aquarium species are from Hawaii like the yellow tang, flame angels, clown triggers, blue tangs (Dory), and the pink spotted puffer.

A new species of Anthias described, Pseudanthias tequila the Tequila Anthias
pseudanthias-tequila-male.jpg

Blue girdled angelfish that never switched to an adult pattern
majestic-angelfish-blue-skeleton-3.jpg

majestic-angelfish-blue-skeleton-6.jpg

majestic-angelfish-blue-skeleton-7.jpg

majestic-angelfish-blue-skeleton-2.jpg

What it's supposed to look like
majesticangel.jpg

Last edited:
one of the coolest things i have ever done. i was in cabo last week and got to help out some olive ridley sea turtles on their way to the ocean. these guys are so badass when you consider they are just a few minutes old and sprinting for the ocean

Cool shit, man. I got to watch turtles hatch and go to the sea a few years ago in OBX. It may be my daughter's first memory. (So I hope It's the hatching itself and not the old lady from the turtle society telling the crowd of families that one on a hundred will make it to the Gulf Stream.)

Cocoa also killed a lot of cats before one survived. She even ripped a water fountain off the wall and tried to blame the cat.

Koko was a heart-warming tale told to us for years. This info is shocking... but shouldn't be. I dont trust the other apes. Those hairy fucks are suspect 24/7.

Cool shit, man. I got to watch turtles hatch and go to the sea a few years ago in OBX. It may be my daughter's first memory. (So I hope It's the hatching itself and not the old lady from the turtle society telling the crowd of families that one on a hundred will make it to the Gulf.
I had the opportunity to hold my young daughter while standing in the water during a huge cownose ray migration. It was a sight to behold.

So I just found out that Snapchat filters can work on animals. This is Ophelia our new opossum and she's amazing. Also proof anybody who hates opossums deserves to get kicked in the balls.
5e54xSr.jpg

Sz1XwPj.jpg

BOGozPK.jpg

AFSeAti.jpg

I'm glad I don't mow this guys back yard.

Kayaking off the coast of South Africa, sounds legit.

God damnit, woman, just PICK ONE!

I found a hard drive with some old aquarium pictures
hSF9fEk.jpg

b86aZsu.jpg

jRxUVYS.jpg

V3ygLCe.jpg

The stalks that look like eyes on the snail were tube worms that's attached.
Ly1z9bL.jpg

My breeder clowns when I first got them.
mfE9yhv.jpg

Are snakes hard to raise? Compared to something like a dog.

Back