Is Jordan B Peterson's new website idea an atrocious one or reasonable one?

We shall see, he is only getting more powerful, we shall witness how it will consume his flesh. I want to see him break his limits and control this new power or be engulfed by it's heat...

FEcVYuE.jpg

I rest my case.

He's Thomas Sowell without the pomp and constant straw man premises. Both have capitalized on the profitability of permitting dumb people to think themselves intelligent.

Can you provide a specific example?

"I hate cults" says the newly minted cult leader. ugh.

All he is doing is telling the truth. It is just as likely to be used by people who don't want to have classes taught by marxists as it is to be used by people who do want classes taught by marxists.

Not sure how just stating facts is leading a cult. I guess if something asshurts you like this does you just resort to ad hominem attacks.

His YouTube videos have made your life better?

Lol

Well, let's see, he is a teacher but also a psychologist who has patients. These patients go to him to help straighten out their lives.

Now, compare that to you who has never done a thing worth a shit and is totally incapable of doing anything worth fuckall to the world.

He has changed many people's lives, where everyone who knows you would probably be better off if they never had any contact with you.

All he is doing is telling the truth. It is just as likely to be used by people who don't want to have classes taught by marxists as it is to be used by people who do want classes taught by marxists.

Not sure how just stating facts is leading a cult. I guess if something asshurts you like this does you just resort to ad hominem attacks.

On your first point, I dont think so. I dont see people reliably reasoning which classes to take, by taking a class where someone tells you not to take it. That is totally besides my actual point, though.

Are you willing to say Jordan Peterson does not have a cult of personality around him? Can that really be debated at this point? My point was that most of the stuff he says is not bad, but people are lacking measure when they attach onto him like some transcendental figure, presaging the downfall of our society.

My little comment was not ad hominem. I spoke about his particularly woo woo evasive technique in avoiding rationally qualifying a lot of his statements in a wide variety of subjects.

Yea, none of Peterson's material uses the knowledge he's acquired in the pursuit of his credentials at all.

I hate to sound like a righty here, but you guys are really swinging blindly in this thread.

Where would you place Peterson on the political spectrum in Canada?

My little comment was not ad hominem. I spoke about his particularly woo woo evasive technique in avoiding rationally qualifying a lot of his statements in a wide variety of subjects.

Can you provide a specific example of this woo woo Peterson resorts to?

Can you provide a specific example of this woo woo Peterson resorts to?

Religion. He ALWAYS obfuscates, rationalizes, and refuses to make any concrete claim as to what he actually believes, nor will he really qualify what his standard of proof is on an objective level. I find his odd rationalization annoying.

Religion. He ALWAYS obfuscates, rationalizes, and refuses to make any concrete claim as to what he actually believes, nor will he really qualify what his standard of proof is on an objective level. I find his odd rationalization annoying.

It seems to me that Peterson is being honest about something he is not certain about. Who can say anything for certain regarding religion?

I am not getting the alt-right connection that the left carelessly throws around when thoughtlessly smearing Peterson. The majority of Peterson's videos are a combination of religion, psychology, history, philosophy and art. It seems like the left only gets triggered when Peterson speaks out against the academic tyrants on the left which he does not do all of the time.

It should also be mentioned that I never see anyone take issue with something specific Peterson says. It is usually just name-calling or an unreasonable outright dismissal of his ideas.
Honestly he sounds a bit looney when he goes on about the postmodernists and Marxists, really hamming it up when he can. IMO he's at his best when talking about clinical psychology and Jungian psychoanalysis, especially as it relates to religion. Very fascinating guy to listen to on those topics.
I've never watched a YouTube video and had it make my life feel better.

In fact no video outside of YouTube has done that to me.
Yes and? How does that address what I said? He's a clinical psychologist, its his job to give people practical advice which they can apply to their personal lives. I don't see how using YT as a medium to convey that information somehow makes it less legitimate other than it being less personalized than what you'd get from him or any other clinical psychologist in person but that's expensive and for some people the general stuff suffices.

It seems to me that Peterson is being honest about something he is not certain about. Who can say anything for certain regarding religion?

He's not being honest, that's my point. If someone says yes, they are a christian. Cool. If you then ask them if they believe, because they are a christian, if Jesus rose from the dead, and they pull a philosophical evasion, I dont trust them. It screams Deepak...Deepak....Deeeeeeeppaaaaakkkkk.........

Shitcan all of sociology and anthropology?

He's gone full fucking quack. Which was kind of inevitable, but he'll argue himself out of relevance soon enough.
anthropology is marxist propaganda, open your eyes

He's not being honest, that's my point. If someone says yes, they are a christian. Cool. If you then ask them if they believe, because they are a christian, if Jesus rose from the dead, and they pull a philosophical evasion, I dont trust them. It screams Deepak...Deepak....Deeeeeeeppaaaaakkkkk.........

He has been pretty clear that he doesn't take the stories of the Bible as being historically accurate, if that's what you are trying to get at.

Very eloquent lie ^^^

He qualifies every statement he makes more eloquently then the false statement above.

for example, New Atheists and similar movements have become obsolete.

I wasnt aware that this was the case. Do you have anything i can read to see why people think this?

Back