Is Jordan B Peterson's new website idea an atrocious one or reasonable one?

I do think that Peterson's model for gaining fame is innovative. He essentially uses his credentials, and not the knowledge acquired in their pursuit, to hollowly pander to uneducated persons.

<36>

He doesn't clearly illustrate anything. He doesn't give concrete examples. Compare what he says to the findings in regard to the Mitrokhin Archive.
Most of what he says is clearly his own ideology.

Not to mention everything Yuri's said about timing was completely off, and it's no mistake that his first publicised interview was with G Edward Griffin. He was a deeply cynical and pessimistic man.

What's more we've seen the evolution of the documented tactics with the latest iteration of Russian "soft power".

Nor do Soviet conspiracy theories tie into the Frankfurt school "cultural marxism " conspiracy theory. That's why Lind popularised them after the fall of communism.

Yuri himself acknowledged that it was not simply a Russian thing, but far more global thing. Russia just played a key role during that era.

Kinda surprised by the aggressive response of some posters to Peterson.

Got to assume it's a reaction to some of his fans rather than the man himself.. Especially considering the weakness of some of the criticisms, and their emotional tone.

To begin with, Dr Peterson has man ideas that I wholeheartedly support and I can legitimately say his youtube videos have in some capacity truly helped me out already. I think that he has numerous ideas that are genuinely fresh and new and has in the last couple years made a name for himself because of how well he expressed them at a time when the skepticism of, for example, New Atheists and similar movements have become obsolete.

That said, what do you make of this idea?

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...asses-he-calls-indoctrination-cults-1.4396974

Is this an example of he who fights monsters becoming them or a reasonable way to fight back in current times? Has Dr Peterson succeeded or not so much when it comes to making sure he doesn't become an ideological cult leader himself the way he says cultural Marxists have?
No. Please watch this to understand the layers of the problems in the education system and how long it has been going on.

I've never watched a YouTube video and had it make my life feel better.

In fact no video outside of YouTube has done that to me.

Sounds like you're just resistent to input/education.
Which kinda just makes you the lol-worthy one.

Good for Peterson for pushing back against the leftist bullies in academia.

dhMeAzK.gif

I do think that Peterson's model for gaining fame is innovative. He essentially uses his credentials, and not the knowledge acquired in their pursuit, to hollowly pander to uneducated persons.

You're describing sam harris.

I don't always agree with Dr. Peterson but he has my full support on this. Take it to these scumbags and defeat them.

Well done then. I thought you bet on Bisping or something.

To be honest, I would have bet on Bisping :oops:. I thought GSP would do well in the first and then Bisping would outpoint him in the rest of fight.

- Peterson is not demanding government intervention.
- He is not demanding anything to be shut down.
- He is not limiting anyone's freedom of speech or freedom to teach.
- His website can also be used by people who WANT to go to the indoctrination classes.

He is just bringing information to ignorant people and I'm sure the website is open from criticism.

He doesn't clearly illustrate anything. He doesn't give concrete examples. Compare what he says to the findings in regard to the Mitrokhin Archive.
Most of what he says is clearly his own ideology.

What he says lines up with the terminology that is used in the Mitrokhin Archive, and other KGB sources, to describe subversive activity, as utilized by the Soviet regime to further its interests.

"On the other hand -- and this is the other side of the Soviet intelligence, very important: perhaps I would describe it as the heart and soul of the Soviet intelligence -- was subversion. Not intelligence collection, but subversion: active measures to weaken the West, to drive wedges in the Western community alliances of all sorts, particularly NATO, to sow discord among allies, to weaken the United States in the eyes of the people of Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and thus to prepare ground in case the war really occurs. To make America more vulnerable to the anger and distrust of other peoples.

In that sense, the Soviet intelligence [was] really unparalleled. ... The [KGB] programs -- which would run all sorts of congresses, peace congresses, youth congresses, festivals, women's movements, trade union movements, campaigns against U.S. missiles in Europe, campaigns against neutron weapons, allegations that AIDS ... was invented by the CIA ... all sorts of forgeries and faked material -- [were] targeted at politicians, the academic community, at [the] public at large. ...

It was really a worldwide campaign, often not only sponsored and funded, but conducted and manipulated by the KGB. And this was again part and parcel of this campaign to weaken [the] military, economic and psychological climate in the West."

https://web.archive.org/web/2007020...IALS/cold.war/episodes/21/interviews/kalugin/

It seems like you're hell-bent on treating a well-established historical fact as a "right-wing fringe conspiracy" so I don't think there's much discussion to be had over the subject.

Last edited:
I also find it funny that some people are so troubled by the fact that he is making money.

It's not like he is backed by some Koch/Soros type billionaire and barking out the message they order him to bark out.

He put his message out and normal people willingly decided to back him up financially. He's not using that money on cocaine and whores. He is putting it to good use.

I can't see what problem anybody could have with this. Did anybody have a problem with ratemyprofessor.com? This is basically the same thing only more specific so people don't think they're going to learn one thing and wind up in "white men are evil 101" with some political activist professor who's decided heroes and villains based on race and sex.

Is it fair to say he started off a lot more level headed than where he is right now.?

When he started off I remember a lot had to do with free speech and allowing others to have a platform even if you disagree with them. Currently he seems to be getting a bit wacky.
Not sure what specifically you're referring to. Haven't seen anything too recent, but last I saw, he was uploading almost entirely lectures from like 15 years ago. Only recent lectures I've seen were his biblical series, which were actually really good.

He's been talking about doing this website for a while. I think it can be a good resource because a lot of people don' understand just how corrupted some of these disciplines have become, here in Canada at least. I've seen people go to uni for anthropology, English lit, hell even film studies for chrissakes and come out indoctrinated into this terrible religion.

My son just started college in the fall, a STEM program so I'm not too worried, and he's got a great head on his shoulders to begin with. Funny enough my fiancee went to see Peterson speak on a panel with Gad Saad and a few others tonight.

Not sure what specifically you're referring to. Haven't seen anything too recent, but last I saw, he was uploading almost entirely lectures from like 15 years ago. Only recent lectures I've seen were his biblical series, which were actually really good.

I am not getting the alt-right connection that the left carelessly throws around when thoughtlessly smearing Peterson. The majority of Peterson's videos are a combination of religion, psychology, history, philosophy and art. It seems like the left only gets triggered when Peterson speaks out against the academic tyrants on the left which he does not do all of the time.

It should also be mentioned that I never see anyone take issue with something specific Peterson says. It is usually just name-calling or an unreasonable outright dismissal of his ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
We shall see, he is only getting more powerful, we shall witness how it will consume his flesh. I want to see him break his limits and control this new power or be engulfed by it's heat...

Back