• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Thread v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw, was pleasantly surprised by it. I was expecting to hate this movie with all of the drama in the production and the negative reviews, but it's actually really decent.

I don't usually refer to RT scores, but damn it's way lower than it should be. I think the media and reviewers have a hard-on for anything Marvel, I mean it's obvious if you look at review scores. For example, I just saw Doctor Strange for the first time a few weeks back and thought it was incredibly bland and dull with unlikeable characters. 89% on RT. Justice League was a fun super hero team-up movie with decent action scenes and some great characters. 39% on RT. The Marvel bias is real. Hell, even Age of Ultron, which I thought was insanely forgettable has a 79%, wtf is happening here? Thor: The Dark World at 66%? That piece of shit movie is ranked higher than this? Get the fuck out of here.

This movie is no worse than Civil War or Avengers 2. If you like super hero flicks I definitely recommend giving this a shot.

On the topic of Ben wanting out of the DCEU

Let him walk if he really wants to. If this can fast track us towards a Batman Beyond movie then fire his ass tomorrow

A Batman Beyond movie would excite me more than any other type of Batman movie.

You could cast an old Bruce who sorta looks like Ben and nobody would care

Just use flashpoint to get this fixed. It would be the easiest way to explain everything away

I think I overstated it. I corrected it with he "almost steals the show."

Flash was pathetic in this movie. They threw him in for comedy, but other than that he was useless. "I'm afraid of bugs"...so fucking stupid. Did he even throw 1 punch in this movie? Why does he run so weird? Does Barry Allen have autism? They butchered Flash in this movie.

I have re re bought a ticket

I am going 4sure tomorrow at 11am

You are going back and forward when it comes to this movies. :D

Can't wait for the saga to continue who knows what happens till that screening. Yes, no, yes, no.

My self I never got turned away by any review for a movie that I was interested in.

@Dragonlordxxxxx see what you doing with them low grades you making people turn away.. all so you can win that opening prediction, I see you. :D

Flash was pathetic in this movie. They threw him in for comedy, but other than that he was useless. "I'm afraid of bugs"...so fucking stupid. Did he even throw 1 punch in this movie? Why does he run so weird? Does Barry Allen have autism? They butchered Flash in this movie.
As I said in my review, the reason why they gave him that scaredy-cat persona is to neutralize his powers. The Flash is the most powerful metahuman in the League next to Superman. If they really wanted to, they could have the Flash stab Steppenwolf's face a hundred times with Diana's sword in the blink of an eye. I'm not defending, just explaining why they did what they did.

As I said in my review, the reason why they gave him that scaredy-cat persona is to neutralize his powers. The Flash is the most powerful metahuman in the League next to Superman. If they really wanted to, they could have the Flash stab Steppenwolf's face a hundred times with Diana's sword in the blink of an eye. I'm not defending, just explaining why they did what they did.

Does flash do anything?

Infinite Mass punch?

Does he throw lightning at people like he does on the show?

Does he phase threw objects also like the show?

Anything cool ?

You are going back and forward when it comes to this movies. :D

Can't wait for the saga to continue who knows what happens till that screening. Yes, no, yes, no.

My self I never got turned away by any review for a movie that I was interested in.

@Dragonlordxxxxx see what you doing with them low grades you making people turn away.. all so you can win that opening prediction, I see you. :D
Lol. Btw, the forecast is going to be low for JL's opening weekend, much lower than Thor: Ragnarok. I knew my first instinct of $125M was correct.

Say what ? that super fast kid is stronger then WW ?

Batman probably takes him out too, some plan, some gadget just must be sure those mothers names don't match, dads too just to be safe.

Does flash do anything?

Infinite Mass punch?

Anything cool ?
I really don't want to influence your perception of him or the movie before you watch it but just think of Barry as a super-green rookie who has no experience fighting bad guys (forget the fact that he captured Captain Boomerang) and has a scaredy-cat personality.

Lol. Btw, the forecast is going to be low for JL's opening weekend, much lower than Thor: Ragnarok. I knew my first instinct of $125M was correct.

I can't believe it.. this is DC's Avengers more or less and they can't even hit 150 mill and there is talk they might not even hit 1 bill at the end of it if they don't have a strong opening.

We shall see, told you had to score it higher you are dropping their profits.

Say what ? that super fast kid is stronger then WW ?

Batman probably takes him out too, some plan, some gadget just must be sure those mothers names don't match, dads too just to be safe.

In the comics flash has the ability to take away all your kinetic energy

Essentially slowing you down to a crawl

For example if he wanted to he could take away all of supermans speed and make him move as fast as a normal human

To beat flash you need to stop him from running pretty much. Batman has done it and others have before as well

I really don't want to influence your perception of him or the movie before you watch it but just think of Barry as a super-green rookie who has no experience fighting bad guys (forget the fact that he captured Captain Boomerang) and has a scaredy-cat personality.

Ok thats fair. I know what to expect from him now

For example if he wanted to he could take away all of supermans speed and make him move as fast as a normal human

To beat flash you need to stop him from running pretty much. Batman has done it and others have before as well

So he just wins based on speed.. this superheroes need some area of attack damage ability.

They should've made him tougher but had him fuck up to show that he is still developing his powers. I left the theater baffled. I couldn't believe how useless they made him in this movie. The guy needs to take some anxiety medication before he tries helping out again.

They should've went the Quicksilver approach where he's tough but still a kid. Quicksilver had balls and was running around Apocalypse and raining punches on him just to get his leg broken. He had heart.

Also, the amount of electricity flash produces is a bit too much. He would accidentally kill many civilians every day by just running through the streets.

Even without the speed crawl, if a person just understands how super speed works, Flash is a gamebreaker. That's why in the current Flash TV show, they had to install a lot of Plot Induced Stupidity and other illogical scenarios to neutralize Barry. Otherwise each episode would be over in 5 minutes.

Dragonlord’s Review of JUSTICE LEAGUE
(No Spoilers)

Rating: 6.5/10 or 7/10

tenor.gif

Even without the speed crawl, if a person just understands how super speed works, Flash is a gamebreaker. That's why in the current Flash TV show, they had to install a lot of Plot Induced Stupidity and other illogical scenarios to neutralize Barry. Otherwise each episode would be over in 5 minutes.

They had no problem making superman faster than the flash in this movie. Also stronger than the hulk. Plus heat vision, frost breath, etc. Superman ragdolled Steppenwolf. It made all the other justice league heroes look useless. Superman took on everyone on the team after being brought back from the dead and made it look easy. Makes this "team" look silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back