2017 PotWR Round 2: The Debate / Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palis isn't running again? Why not

He's chosen a peaceful retirement and understands the crucial importance of the initial transfer of power for a newly formed government. Only, I think he is enjoying flaming from the sidelines this year

bgScFTh.png

That's how @JDragon must've advanced to Round 2

I'm open to your suggestions to format though. I've thought out multi vote and think the cons outweigh the pros.
I think just having two days of primary voting would help a lot.

The bottom half of vote getters could be eliminated after the first vote, which would give them a chance to endorse a remaining candidate, and it would let the remaining candidates determine a reasonable strategy.

Last edited:
Yeah, I admit to contacting Homer via PM. I contacted you via PM too, remember? Lol. Do you really want to go down this particular rabbit hole?

Also, please show me the rule that says candidates can’t talk to each other.

I think just having more than one day of primary voting would help a lot.

The bottom half of vote getters could be eliminated after the first vote, which would give them a chance to endorse a remaining candidate, and it would let the remaining candidates determine a reasonable strategy.

There is a reason why actual presidential primaries aren’t all held on one day.

I actually am open to more than one primary round with a reduced field but I always wonder how much the WR would grow annoyed at more than two ballots. Possibly it wouldn't be a guaranteed round. Like it would only happen if more than two candidates got over 15-20% of the vote. Last year, the 3rd highest candidate only got 12.5 though. I think this year actually has more active campaigns. Last year had a handful of super active ones. This year has a wide range of active ones so I don't know how that translates to next round. Could actually be far more close every vote will matter for a campaign.

Also, Round 3 is a about a week long, not a day. My assumption was you meant round instead of day though when you said that.

Morpheus for he showed the man who saw the truth the path towards our own redemption.

Should've did a gif that tried to sexualize his gap teeth. You need to step up your game Serni. This is the damn destiny of your gimmick. Every psychopath eventually makes it to the office of the presidency.

I actually am open to more than one primary round with a reduced field but I always wonder how much the WR would grow annoyed at more than two ballots. Possibly it wouldn't be a guaranteed round. Like it would only happen if more than two candidates got over 15-20% of the vote. Last year, the 3rd highest candidate only got 12.5 though. I think this year actually has more active campaigns. Last year had a handful of super active ones. This year has a wide range of active ones so I don't know how that translates to next round. Could actually be far more close every vote will matter for a campaign.

Also, Round 3 is a about a week long, not a day. My assumption was you meant round instead of day though when you said that.
You should also allow candidates to drop off the ballot. Could you imagine a national primary where no one was ever allowed to drop out?

Should've did a gif that tried to sexualize his gap teeth. You need to step up your game Serni. This is the damn destiny of your gimmick. Every psychopath eventually makes it to the office of the presidency.

You better settle down Mr Lead.

You should also allow candidates to drop off the ballot. Could you imagine a national primary where no one was ever allowed to drop out?

I am not locking people out of spite but because of how everything flows. Seeding is decided by Round 2 and also only the top 20 make it in. Say we had 25 candidates. 5 candidates would've just been knocked out right now that wanted to run. The fact that someone voluntarily drops out after round 1 wasted one of those 20 slots that one of the 21-25 candidates could've taken and been able to engage in the debate and ballot. I need there to be consequences for people doing that and the only thing that makes the most sense is forcing them to remain on the ballot so they are incentivized to leave before round 1 ends (like Junes did). Yes, I could add those who didn't make it back in before Round 3 but they lost out of the debate op and the beauty of this system for me is almost everything is locked out after Round 1 so no one can claim bias on how the election plays out. It's already set in motion now and I'm just reiterating what is in place now.

I am not locking people out of spite but because of how everything flows. Seeding is decided by Round 2 and also only the top 20 make it in. Say we had 25 candidates. 5 candidates would've just been knocked out right now that wanted to run. The fact that someone voluntarily drops out after round 1 wasted one of those 20 slots that one of the 21-25 candidates could've taken and been able to engage in the debate and ballot. I need there to be consequences for people doing that and the only thing that makes the most sense is forcing them to remain on the ballot so they are incentivized to leave before round 1 ends (like Junes did). Yes, I could add those who didn't make it back in before Round 3 but they lost out of the debate op and the beauty of this system for me is almost everything is locked out after Round 1 so no one can claim bias on how the election plays out. It's already set in motion now and I'm just reiterating what is in place now.

cliffs?

I'm trying to prevent people from filling up the ballot to knock others out by forcing them to keep their name on the ballot if they don't drop out before Round 1.

@JDragon, since you announced at the last minute, you missed out on the OP debate. I still have questions for you however.

What is your platform for a term as President of the War Room if you win?

What are your thoughts about the term of our first president, Palis? Do you seek his endorsement?

Which candidate do you think you are in direct competition for with voters and how are you the superior candidate?

You ran last year and placed second. What have you learned since last year to win you the office?

As a prior year candidate, is this year or last year more challenging with the competition involved?

I'm trying to prevent people from filling up the ballot to knock others out by forcing them to keep their name on the ballot if they don't drop out before Round 1.

Can I have further cliffs?

I'm a little slow today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back