Michael Flynn charged with lying to the FBI

Trump's former campaign chairman, two other campaign aides, and his former national security advisers have now all been charged with felonies.
MAGA.

He lied to the FBI about his conversations with the Russian Ambassador Kisylak. He was very much with Trump at that time.

A politician lied, weird. Hope he goes down but don't expect much of this.

This Russia thing is crazy but I'm glad it's being investigated. I'm glad corrupt politicians are going down but seems like none of them will ever go to jail for things us regular folk would see years for.

You guys have to watch this show on Netflix called Icarus. Russia smart as hell. But I still don't buy the election hacking bullshit.

expect another right wing conspiracy to pop up later today in an attempt to deflect from this news

Didn't realize simply talking was collusion.

At some point you have to ask yourself what/who is Mueller after and is he willing to come up empty.

He has the entire world watching this investigation. He's knows this and he knows the consequences of it.

If he nailed Flynn and Manafort to a cross for the world to see and said that is where the trail ended it would be a nice feather to cap off an extraordinary career. He's respected by everyone and everyone would believe him.

The consensus would be the Donald is just a dumb n00b with a horrible sense of judgment. And Mueller could go back to the private sector collecting big paychecks.

But that's not what's happening. He gave Flynn a plea deal that is going to result in 6-12 months in prison.

So the question is who is he after and how confident is he that he will catch him?

Same here. We're like brothers but on opposing side. Like the civil war! You'll have to represent the south.. lol
negatory, born in cali.

I did rock a Civil War era Union flag in HS while living in northern VA. I sported it on LeeJacksonKing day too, Hilarity ensued

Except, you know, the criminal indictments.
lalala.png

negatory, born in cali.

I did rock a Civil War era Union flag in HS while living in northern VA. Hilarity ensued

No no no no.. you are definitely the south in this argument. I can't possibly do it since I am Asian lean liberal in the northeast etc... so by default you have to represent the south in this thread by default.

How does the pardon thing work with all these people close to Trump getting indicted?
Can turd Trump just pardon them until he himself ends up impeached? If Trump is found to have done illegal stuff dating back to the campaign can the Sheriff Arpaio pardon be retracted please?!

I wonder if you genius will remember that Democrats warned Trump of Flynn's problematic status before Trump hired him.

Word. You'll have to forgive me if I actually care about other folks, the economy and the future of our country.
The Republicans are about to pass the tax cuts before the house burns down. Fucking cowards.

The Republicans are about to pass the tax cuts before the house burns down. Fucking cowards.
I was hoping that this coming out this morning would give them pause, but if anything it seems to have made them more desperate to ram it through (while literally cobbling it together this morning and not allowing debate or analysis) while they still have the power to achieve their one and only objective: lowering taxes on the rich by screwing over everyone else.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this guilty plea exactly for the instance Sally Yates warned the WH about? And if so, this was the reason given as to why Trump fired Flynn, that he lied to Pence.

If this is the same than it's Flynn admitting he lied about the Kislyak meeting he took AFTER the election where he told Russia to not worry about the new sanctions. This is big news because was Flynn going rogue and meeting with Kislyak on his own volition or was he acting as a Trump surrogate and carrying a message from Trump? And if he was acting as an official surrogate at behest of Trump than he had ZERO reason to lie to Pence about this meeting. Flynn lied to the FBI about it - was he ordered to do so by Trump/Pence? Also Pence claimed on television interview that Flynn never met with Kislyak nor discussed sanctions - and when Yates memo leaked Pence was caught with his dick hanging out and either Flynn lied to him or he lied to American people. Trump then fired Flynn to protect Pence by claiming Flynn lied to Pence. BUT if Flynn was acting on behalf of Trump Transition Team when he met with Kislyak it means Pence knew all along, as did Trump. Which means Pence knowingly lied, which will go to obstruction of justice for making false public statements.

Mueller has a shitload of charges for which he could have had Flynn plead guilty to - that fact that he chose this one is telling. He's sending a message to Trump again.

It's been proven that Pence knowingly lied. That info came out months ago.

so when Clinton was actually no shit legit impeached (and later Disbarred), were all the left leaners here (assuming you were old enough) automatically assuming it was a wrap?

b/c that was actual formal charges......
Rob%20Ford%20Coke%20Pile.gif

Really? The White Lie House is still looking to tie Obama to Flynn? I remember clearly that Obama advised Trump not to hire Flynn, why didn't they add that piece of info to their statement...

They don't even have a fucking final bill yet either but apparently they have the votes.

Next person to quote Pelosi on "pass it to know what's in it" gets slapped.

Back