Nganou would murder Fedor

All the dominant champs get caught at some point.

Just like how GSP was floored by a Condit headkick. GSP still won.

Just like how Anderson got dropped by Chael of all people. Anderson still won.

Just like how Jones got his ass kicked by Gus but still won.

Fedor came back and finished Fujita a minute and half later.

TanPerkyKoala.gif

GSP of course lost to Serra in a situation like that, Anderson got upset twice in Pride as well by opponents supposedly well below him.

Modern MMA fans do there best to try and believe that fights vs anyone but "top ranked guys" are meaningless but the reality is that fighting often vs a mix of top level and mid level opponents is a greater test than just fighting top level guys 1-2 times a year.

Someone like Cain especially for me would likely have a few upset loses on his record if he'd fought as often as Fedor, Defencively he's highly questionable standing IMHO, got hurt not once like Fedor but three times by Kongo, got KOed by JDS in a minute, have him fight guys like Goodridge, Fujita, etc often and he likely gets KOed at least once.

Indeed I think that's been true of HW MMA for years, nobody looks really solid in terms of defence/heart/cardio the way Fedor/Nog did back in the day and the only periods of dominance have come from inactive fighters and indeed HW turning into a very tight cabal with limited possibility of big names being upset by non ranked opponents.

Fedor was a -1100 favourite, Rampage raced out of his backstage medicals in his own words so he could watch an ass kicking, and the commentators literally joked at the touch of gloves that that was the only punch Fujita would land all night.

Just stop with the revisionist history. It was a complete joke of a fight and everybody was treating it as such.
Fujita was a national champion wrestler with an iron chin, extremely powerful and nonstop motor. He was never an easy fight.

It ended up being an extremely entertaining fight.

Fujita was the first man to defeat Mark Kerr who was 12-0 and was seen as the top HW in the world.

Fujita was 260 pounds of pure muscle.

Fujita was 9-3 with 2 losses to Cro Cop and one fight with Coleman that never even happened because they threw in the towel immediately because Fujita was injured.

That punch would have knocked a lot of dudes out but Fedor didn't even get knocked down. He stayed on his feet and clinched up.

Damn you really trying to pump up fujita like he was some world beater lol. That just proves how shit mma hw was in the infant stages of the sport.

GSP of course lost to Serra in a situation like that, Anderson got upset twice in Pride as well by opponents supposedly well below him.

Modern MMA fans do there best to try and believe that fights vs anyone but "top ranked guys" are meaningless but the reality is that fighting often vs a mix of top level and mid level opponents is a greater test than just fighting top level guys 1-2 times a year.

Someone like Cain especially for me would likely have a few upset loses on his record if he'd fought as often as Fedor, Defencively he's highly questionable standing IMHO, got hurt not once like Fedor but three times by Kongo, got KOed by JDS in a minute, have him fight guys like Goodridge, Fujita, etc often and he likely gets KOed at least once.

Indeed I think that's been true of HW MMA for years, nobody looks really solid in terms of defence/heart/cardio the way Fedor/Nog did back in the day and the only periods of dominance have come from inactive fighters and indeed HW turning into a very tight cabal with limited possibility of big names being upset by non ranked opponents.

So now your comparing Kongo and jds striking to that of fucking Goodridge and fujita?!?! WTF is wrong with you fanboys.

Prime Fedor takes him down early and finishes him with GnP.

if fedor fought smart and not fight wreckless like some angry drunk redneck at a country bar fighting his brother in law, he'd have a very good chance.

Damn you really trying to pump up fujita like he was some world beater lol. That just proves how shit mma hw was in the infant stages of the sport.

I am not trying to pump him up as elite but he is a very tough guy to beat because he was an elite wrestler with an iron chin. His striking was not very good but he was a more accomplished amateur wrestler than 95% of the UFC HW division today. He also had a freakishly hard head so he was very hard to hurt with strikes.

There were a lot of great HWs back then that were ranked ahead of Fujita but he was still no pushover. He was probably ranked like #15 through #20 around that time.

So now your comparing Kongo and jds striking to that of fucking Goodridge and fujita?!?! WTF is wrong with you fanboys.

Cain only fought 16 fights. Throw in another 27 fights and Cain probably gets rocked or dropped or knocked out a few more times regardless of opponents.

Kongo to Goodridge? year I think that's a pretty decent comparison, Goodridge in the early 00's was a credible K-1 fighter with a wins over Mike Bernardo and Cyril Abidi and only lost to top level guys in MMA(from 2001-05 he's 10-2 losing to Fedor and Nog). Not up with the very elite HW's of the era but neither would Kongo have been.

ufc-144-hunt-knocks-down-kongo.gif

Could it be that you really don't have very much idea what your talking about falling back to tired fanboy clichés?

Last edited:
I think alotnof modern HW beat prime fedor but this is sheepdog and you don't say such things

I think alotnof modern HW beat prime fedor but this is sheepdog and you don't say such things
Yet we have had 3 old PRIDE veterans in the UFC top 5 for the last few years. Three dudes who all lost multiple times in PRIDE. Yeah, you can say those 3 guys improved since then but if the HW division is so much better today you would think 3 of the top 5 would not be 40 year old dudes who got their asses kicked in PRIDE 11 years ago.

Last edited:
Kongo to Goodridge? year I think that's a pretty decent comparison, Goodridge in the early 00's was a credible K-1 fighter with a wins over Mike Bernardo and Cyril Abidi and only lost to top level guys in MMA(from 2001-05 he's 10-2 losing to Fedor and Nog). Not up with the very elite HW's of the era but neither would Kongo have been.

ufc-144-hunt-knocks-down-kongo.gif

Could it be that you really don't have very much idea what your talking about falling back to tired fanboy clichés?
Not to mention Heath Herring came to the UFC in 2007, far past his best days of 2001 and 2002, and was able to beat this "great UFC fighter" Cheick Kongo in 2008.

Kongo is most famous for his war with Barry, dropping Cain multiple times, and kneeing Mirko in the balls 100 times.

Prime Fedor used to be a HW with LHW agility. Who didnt see him fight, forget it. It was his best weapon in exchanging punches. The mf fat was pretty fast.
he's been done for since he was around 33. a 28 year old Fedor beats anyone on the planet

Kongo to Goodridge? year I think that's a pretty decent comparison, Goodridge in the early 00's was a credible K-1 fighter with a wins over Mike Bernardo and Cyril Abidi

Bob Sapp KO'd Hoost...twice...in HOOST'S sport...

K1 was a bigger joke than Pride..."K1 level striker" is the most absurd thing on Sherdog.

Be honest, do you think Bob Sapp beats ANY top 50 boxer at any point in his life.

Dude, Frans Botha beat LeBanner and Aerts 5 years after getting KO'D by POST-PRISON Tyson...and with ZERO kicking skills.

LMAO @ "K1 level striking"

Seriously, imagine Sapp vs Bowe, Lennox, Evander, Wlad,...

Bob Sapp KO'd Hoost...twice...in HOOST'S sport...

K1 was a bigger joke than Pride..."K1 level striker" is the most absurd thing on Sherdog.

Be honest, do you think Bob Sapp beats ANY top 50 boxer at any point in his life.

Dude, Frans Botha beat LeBanner and Aerts 5 years after getting KO'D by POST-PRISON Tyson...and with ZERO kicking skills.

LMAO @ "K1 level striking"

Seriously, imagine Sapp vs Bowe, Lennox, Evander, Wlad,...

No UFC HW beats a top 50 boxer at any point in their lives either.

that fedor who fought cro cop(not talking about athletic prime)...talk.ing about patience and gameplan.i was amazed about his patience n briliant strategy.he actually fought that fight the way gsp most of his carrier..using that threat of takedown to set up his striking.and in that fight he actually pressed forward n tryng to counter crocop while having him backpedall at the same time...that fedor is mothefucker for anyone that ever fought ..(probably first time he was ever worried against someone n showed full respect in his fighting style,mirko was scary for anyone at the time)

this retarded, religion loving bar brawler is not that fedor.i advise anybody who wants to know why people ride his dick so much is to watch that fight to see what he was like at his best

Current Fedor ? Of course.

Prime 2003-2006 one ? Not even in his best dream

In a few threads I have seen people talking about this match up. Nganou would kill any version of fedor
You are 100 percent right, but jeeeeeeez, did you not know that Sherdog has one of the most devout Fedor worshiping groups ha? You just fucked up, I haven't even seen the rest of the comments but I can bet that lots of Fedor fanboys have already replied with asinine 'prime' arguments and a few brett roger ko gifs.

Hey Fedor fanboys, Francis would absolutely MURDER, I mean MURDER any version of Fedor :). It's just a fact.

Hunt is also overrated. And even worse was on a losing streak when fedor beat him. Stop gassing his wins they arent that good. Hunt was never a UFC champion, never fought for the belt. And lost when he stepped up.
1. Define "losing streak".
2. Hunt fought for the belt against Werdum

Back